Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celtic woman sheet music  (Read 29977 times)
Frodo

« on: June 01, 2011, 02:08PM »

Hello, my name is Andrea.

I'd be very grateful if you could give me some help in finding a music sheet:

in the concert  “A Christmas celebration”, which I’ve seen on dvd, the song “The first Noel” is also played. However, in the songbook which has been published on the Internet I could not find that song.
Could you tell me if the sheet of “The first Noel” by David Downes (even just the piano and voices sheet would be fine) has been published in another book and, in particolar, if and how can I purchase it?

Many thanks!
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 10:50PM »

Hi Andrea,

I'm sorry to say, but if The First Noel isn't in the A Christmas Celebration songbook, then the sheet music most likely hasn't been released. I can tell you for sure it's not in the Songs from the Heart songbook, but I don't know about the others because I don't own them. I think it would be unlikely, though, since it is a Christmas song.

I would like to see it be released someday, however. David gave it such a beautiful arrangement, it would be a shame not to.  Smiley
Hannahlmatt
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 08:03AM »

Yeah, that's one of my favorite songs from the Christmas DVD! I've got all of the music books that they have released and The First Noel isn't in any of them. Sad

Frodo

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 05:10AM »

Hi,

firstly, thanks a lot for your replies.

Having listened to that song, I believe that the beauty of Downes' arrangement depends upon many things. In particular, the frequent changes of pattern, from 3/4 to 4/4; the innovative chorus bit (which ends up in C) after the first refrain; the tonality change from D to B in the last verse (with the last refrain again in D).

I hope that the song will be published soon too, so that I'll be able to play it in the next December, at Christmas Mass in my hometown in Italy.

Cheers,

Andrea
LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 05:24AM »

Andrea, have you e-mailed Celtic Woman Ltd? You could just ask them if the sheet music's available and how you could get it. Use this as the e-mail address: info@celticwoman.com

Frodo

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 06:18AM »

Andrea, have you e-mailed Celtic Woman Ltd? You could just ask them if the sheet music's available and how you could get it. Use this as the e-mail address: info@celticwoman.com

Thanks a lot, yes, I've emailed them about two weeks ago, but did not get any reply at all.
Maybe I should re-send the email...
RoAR
Honorary Roadie

It's far beyond the stars...

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 03:56PM »

Thanks a lot, yes, I've emailed them about two weeks ago, but did not get any reply at all.
If they reply, please let us know. I'm curious now since that's not the only song missing from the books.

Maggie
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 06:59PM »

Could you tell me if the sheet of “The first Noel” by David Downes
(even just the piano and voices sheet would be fine) has been published in another book
and, in particolar, if and how can I purchase it?

One of my favourite Christmas Carols when I was a kid.
I don't think you'll get David Downes' version,
but I hope this helps:
http://www.christmas-carol-music.org/Lead_Sheets/FirstNoel.html
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 09:06PM »

Sometimes it takes them awhile to respond.... If you want, you could send another e-mail just reminding them. Smiley

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
Maggie
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 11:41PM »

2 more versions:

http://www.christmas-carol-music.org/SATB/FirstNoel.html

http://www.8notes.com/scores/1561.asp

This gives the score for multiple instruments:
http://www.musicedmagic.com/christmas-and-sacred-sheet-music/the-first-noel-free-sheet-music

Here is a free sibelius download to help write scores:
http://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/download/get.pl?prod=scorch&com=sh
hayleynibhaoleafh<3'scelticwoman!
Honorary Roadie

U can have my <3, if U don't mind broken things...

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2011, 06:44PM »

Speaking of sheetmusic, does anyone know of how/where to get The Pacific Slope? If anyone has it, we could trade if you like if i have something you want. thx

Loooooove Hayley xxx
~~~~~~~Maybe it's not about the happy endings... maybe it's about the story...~~~~~~
Friend are angels ~*~ Cherish them
RoAR
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2011, 10:17AM »

Speaking of sheetmusic, does anyone know of how/where to get The Pacific Slope? If anyone has it, we could trade if you like if i have something you want. thx
That's one of those other missing songs I was talking about...They're also missing At the Ceili, The Soft Goodbye and Granuaile's Dance as far as I can tell...

CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2011, 10:58AM »

That's one of those other missing songs I was talking about...They're also missing At the Ceili, The Soft Goodbye and Granuaile's Dance as far as I can tell...

umm 'The Soft Goodbye' is in the 1st CW songbook

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
RoAR
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2011, 08:47PM »

umm 'The Soft Goodbye' is in the 1st CW songbook
IT IS?!?!  Shocked Figures it would be in the book I didn't buy...

Frodo

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2011, 02:08AM »

Thanks a lot for the links and the answers, I'll send another email to Celtic woman and I'll let you know if they reply

Cheers,

Andrea
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: