Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Review Düsseldorf 18 June  (Read 13581 times)
Egwene

« on: June 19, 2011, 07:12AM »

Well.. Where to start? First of all: English isn't my native language, so please forgive my mistakes. Didn't even pass the English exams at school, so it's really that bad!

Before the show:
My mother and I were excited for weeks. I couldn't sleep the last few days! We took the train from the Netherlands to Düsseldorf and everything went very well. We couldn't find the hotel at first, but when we went back a little bit we saw that we missed a sideway. Beautiful hotel nearby the station. At 5.30 pm we went to the 'Pizzahut' to eat something. Afterwards we went very early to the Hall, but there were so many people already. There I met Monika. She was really nice, glad to meet her.
The stage was amazing and we had very nice seats. Although it wasn't frontrow (it was row 6), we had an amazing view!

The show, act 1:
Nil Se’n La: When the music started I totally freaked out. Tears in my eyes. I was so happy to see the concert for the very first time. I waited for years and now it was reality! They started in the darkness and then the drums began. I was really jumping in my seat! Great opening of the show!

Fields of gold: Lisa's first solo. It was like a dream. She sang it beautiful and it was perfection.

Coast of Galicia: Mairead was really into it! I believe she turned 11 times, something like that.

Galway Bay: My mother really loved this song of Chloë. And I totally agree with her. She welcomed us to the show and said that this song was special for her. She sang with such emotion and passion. Great!

Orinoco Flow: The light! The choir! The 'Aaah' in the middle of the song! Loved the interaction between the girls.

My Lagan Love: Lisa Lambe's first solo. The began with a poem which I loved. It brought you immediately into the right mood. And then she began to sing... and I fell in love. Her voice is so smooth and totally amazing. Do I keep saying amazing? Well again: it was amazing!

Isle of Hope, Isle of Tears: Chloë started with the song, later joined by both Lisa's. I don't know if it's spelled correctly, but I had 'goosebumps' the whole time.

My heart was home again: My favorite song. Lisa K. started and Lisa L. joined her. And yes: there were again tears. I loved the harmony in this song.

Granuaile’s Dance: There is Mairead again! Running around the stage, flirting with the audience. Fantastic!

Goodnight my angel: I knew that they changed it into a piano version. But honestly: I don't like it. I simply don't. It's way too fast for a lullaby. They did a good job, but I didn't get the message. Although it was really cute when they kissed each other on the cheeck.

Danny Boy: All of them together in this beautiful song. The whole Hall was quiet. For a moment everybody was listening to angels. You could hear a pin drop.

Mo Ghile Mear: WOW! Drums! I saw some people nearly having a heart attack. The choir was really good just like the girls.

Pauze:
We're halfway through the show. Monika found me and introduced me to other forum members. Great meeting you all! We took a groupphoto and went back to our seats.

Act 2:
The call: Mairead is starting with her violin en it ended with an crazy audience. I don't know what they had done in the intermission, but they were really into it.

Amazing Grace: Anthony came from the back to the front. I knew that he was coming, so I saw him coming, but the people behind me were staring at me like 'why are you looking at us?" No madame, I'm looking at the man that's coming.. Of course he got a applause.

Dulaman: Lisa L. is amazing!! This version of Dulaman is the greatest of all. She was acting the whole song and I love the fact that she chooses a man in the end. She introduced the song in German and English. The audience loved it.

Songs from the heart: Lovely.. I think that's the right word to describe it. First with Lisa L and Chloë with 'Walking the night' and the second song 'Give me your hand' with all the three girls.

The Moon’s a Harsh Mistress: Lisa's second solo and again she was great. She did sigh after the song finished. That really added some melodrama to it.

When you believe: Chloë and this song is always a success. This girl can sing! Everybody started laughing when she did that 'Whoe!'-thing at the end.

At the Ceili: Also one of my favorites. Audience clapped during the whole song! I was feeling really sad for Lisa K., who couldn't find a guy. She was looking around everywhere, but at the end she found a great guy. Chloë sang the beautiful middle part and Lisa L ended with her two men problem. The more I see her singing and dancing, the more I love her! She has a great stage apperance.

Last rose fantasia/ The mason’s Apron: She's good! Really good! What more can I say? You all know how great she is.

Non C’e Piu: The audience gave a standing ovation after this song. And it was screaming for more, not willing to sit down again. It went on so long, that the girls were looking at each other not knowing what to do. They really earned it.

Wenn du in meinen Träumen (bei mir bist): We were allowed to sing along with this song. Well: they all did for sure. It was a magical moment hearing everyone singing along. I don't know if their pronunciation was good, because I am Dutch, not German. I think they did a really good job.

You raise me up: It's ending really fast now and nobody wanted it to end. They were giving standing ovations everywhere. And suddenly the world stopped turning. Lisa K. looked at me for at least 5 seconds, smiling at me, knowing that I was singing along with them. And I was meaning every single world. Haven't been that happy in a very long time.

Spanish Lady: Yeah! The shouldermoves and everything was just one big party! So sad that this was the last song, but I went with a huge smile on my face outside.

After the show:
I couln't find the CW forum members for a moment, but then I saw some familair faces at last. We all went to the artist entrance to wait for the girls. It was fun to sing with all of them and having a great time. We saw Mairead in a bus, but when I looked at the photo my mother made, the other girls were in the same bus. At least Lisa Lambe was. After that we all went home.

I will see them again in Utrecht, Netherlands 27 September and I'm looking forward to it!
Ben the piper
Bodhrán Player

There can be miracles, when you believe!

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 07:19AM »

Lovely review Egwene! Smiley
Your English isn't that bad as you make it out to be! Cheesy

Danny

Boys will be boys.

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 07:44AM »

thank you for your review, Egwene!

I was there, too. It was my first time seeing CW live on stage! And I what can I say - I totally loved it.
The extended version of At The Céilí was one of my favourites in the show... It was like a little musical within the show  Smiley

Kaneyoshi

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 10:16AM »

Back from Duesseldorf 2 hours ago That's really a nice review from the concert, Egwene. The show was incredible, really a great performance. They sing "Wenn du in meinen Träumen bei mir bist" beautiful, their pronunciation of this song was nice. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

~~~Ready, all to give, so as to feel once again the sun in my heart~~~
MaryNorth93
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 11:38AM »

Great review Egwene! Shall we let them know in Utrecht how hard Dutch people can rock?  Wink  Grin
Egwene

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 11:56AM »

Haha, yes we will! Loved your review!
MaryNorth93
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 12:00PM »

Woohoo!  Grin And thank you! I'm sorry I didn't get to talk to you after all, promise to make it up in Utrecht.
Egwene

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 12:48PM »

That's alright! We will be almost sitting next to each other, so that will be no problem! Grin
L.A. Girl

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011, 03:10PM »

A great review!  I taught English as a Second language students for a long time, and I can honestly say that your English is quite good!

Dianne
lisaholic nr1
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 03:19PM »

Great review Egwene! Shall we let them know in Utrecht how hard Dutch people can rock?  Wink  Grin

YES YES YES!!!!!!!  Cheesy I am gonna be there!!!
Jennifer
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2011, 03:20PM »

Very good review! Smiley
Music Girl
Honorary Roadie

Do The Things You Love And You Will Live A Dream

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2011, 09:14AM »

A great review. I was also there and I should have seen you while taking the photo but I haven't met you.  Embarrassed
I hope to meet you in Utrecht.  Cheesy

Scuilly

There can be miracles...When You Believe!!

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2011, 09:59AM »

Great Review Egwene! Thank you for sharing your perspetive on a great show!

Kelly
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2011, 07:13PM »

Wonderful review, Egwene! I'm glad you had a really fun time and I'm glad you were able to spend some time with forum members. Aren't they the best to see a concert with? Have a great time in Utrecht! Thanks for sharing!

And no worries, your English is fine! Smiley
Egwene

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2011, 05:52AM »

Thanks for all your nice words! Here are the photo's made that day. Hope they are not too big:
Me working hard for the last exams in the train to Düsseldorf with CW music Grin:

The group in the intermission:

The group waiting for the girls afterwards:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: