Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ahh, love!  (Read 10910 times)
Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

You will not forget this devil's power!

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2007, 07:02AM »

It's Reply #10, just up the page a bit. Smiley

celtic crazy

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2007, 02:58AM »

Thank You Smiley
Celtic Liz
Total Fanatic

Congrats Lisa and the Family! Welcome Ellie!

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2007, 05:32PM »

I had that a my wallpaper at one time and then I read the article and it was so sweet. Cheesy Cheesy

made by JRRacing
JRRacing64
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2007, 09:29PM »

Wonderful pic! You did a really good job on it! Smiley
lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

"I begged and I begged and I begged and I begged"

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2009, 09:12PM »

aawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Grin

Let Me Tell You That I Love You...
DirtyDiamond
Bodhrán Player

Let me tell you that I love you...

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2009, 08:29AM »

They are the best couple ever!! Love is in the air...  Cheesy

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2009, 10:36AM »

Kim, you have amazing computer skills....I `m jealous,I can`t do any thing like that,I still type with one finger.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
lifeismusic2009
Total Fanatic

<3

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2009, 09:05PM »

Their love for one another is so obvious! Especially after you read that article about them!

Thanks, Dayna, for my awesome banners!
Annie
Total Fanatic

proud Lisaholic and IreLynn !

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2009, 07:03AM »

I am completely addicted to this photo Cheesy The best couple EVER.

Guardian of the Rose
Bodhrán Player

Let the dream come true SOMEDAY

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2009, 07:16AM »

That's great, Kim!

It's a wonderful picture.

I know...my signature is just...awesome! Smiley
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2009, 11:50AM »

Their love for one another is so obvious! Especially after you read that article about them!

Where is the article...I loved the Photo...Thanks

shankdee

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
Jeannie

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2009, 07:14AM »

Beautiful picture of my favorite and her husband Thank you for sharing it.
Jeannie

Jeannie

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2009, 07:21AM »

Okay I tried to find the Multimedia link and could not I must be blind as I would love to read the article could someone be so kind as to help me out Please
Jeannie

hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2009, 03:27PM »

I did a quick Google search and found the article online, although the picture is no longer posted with it.  I did receive a notice that the security certificate for the webpage is no longer valid, so I'm going to include the link as well as a text copy of the article in case anyone is concerned or using a restricted computer and can't view the page.

https://www.tribune.ie/archive/article/2006/feb/12/friends-for-life-lisa-kelly-and-scott-porter/

LISA Kelly and Scott Porter met in Riverdance in the US in 2000, when Lisa went over to sing with the show and Scott was dancing in it. Lisa is from Knocklyon in Dublin, and she is the eldest of three girls. She trained as a singer with Dal McNulty and Catherine Smith, and appeared in many musicals as a child.

After leaving school, Lisa worked in computers, before joining Riverdance. She is now one of the five principal singers with the hugely successful show, Celtic Woman, which is coming to the Point Theatre, Dublin, on 18 February.

Lisa's husband, Scott Porter, is from Sydney, Australia, and he started Irish dancing lessons as a young child. He left Sydney at the age of 19, to go to the US with a children's show, and joined Riverdance shortly afterwards. He is currently travelling with Lisa and Celtic Woman to take care of their two small boys, Cian (3) and Jack (1). Scott will return to dance in Riverdance this summer at the Gaiety Theatre and INEC Killarney.

Lisa on Scott I was in the Gaiety pantomime, and was invited to join Riverdance in 2000. I was 23 at the time, and I first noticed Scott when he came up to me at the bar, and asked if I was the new singer. He asked me if I wanted to go out for a drink with the cast, but I said no! Being on the road can be quite difficult, but Scott and I became great friends. We had both just finished with other relationships, so we were just friends initially. We had six weeks off in the summer, and after a week, Scott came over to Ireland and that was it. We knew from that point that we had serious feelings for one another. We were such good friends, and I had never been in a relationship like it before, because we had been so totally honest and upfront with each other beforehand. The transition from being friends to partners was a little awkward, especially in front of our work colleagues, although they thought there was something going on between us from day one.

Scott is extremely loyal and honest, and he is such a great friend to me. He's a great listener and is really sensitive, although he can be a little impulsive at times. He comes up with ideas all of the time, but I kind of get him, and I'd support him in whatever he does. Scott has a head that's full of so many thoughts! He is four years younger than me, so he was a young father when we had Cian in 2002. He was really great and so supportive, and I think having our children has made us complete.

I think I'm so lucky getting to travel with Scott and the children. It has worked out very well so far, and there has only been a two week crossover where we both had work commitments, but my parents are wonderful too with helping out. We all get on brilliantly on the show, but having Scott there has made life on the road so much easier, because I would find it too hard to leave the children behind. He's an incredible father and has so much patience with the boys, and having my family with me means that I can get a breather from the show, rather than being totally consumed by it, and I have Scott there to bounce ideas off and talk to.

I feel sorry for the other girls who don't have their partners or family with them, because while it's fantastic experience, it can be hard when you're travelling. I originally signed up for one night, and then the whole show was such a success, and I wasn't expecting it. Hopefully, it will keep working out so that Scott and I don't have to spend much time apart in the future.

Scott on Lisa I was about six months with Riverdance when Lisa walked in, and she was like a vision. The fact that she was a singer held an instant allure for me, because I was a dancer. Our personalities seemed to mould together very quickly, and we got on like a house on fire straight away. We found ourselves becoming attracted to one another just before the company broke up for the summer. I had gone home to Sydney, but we were spending 24 hours a day on the phone, and I realised that it was stupid and would probably cost less to fly to Dublin.

Going out together worked really well, because we were such close friends and knew everything about one another. We originally planned to live in Australia, but we settled here, and Ireland is very much my home now . . . there is something magical about the place. I would still love to live in Australia, and all of my friends and family are there, but Lisa's family have become just like my own, and I have an amazing support network here.

I love being on tour with Lisa, and I'm really enjoying it, although I spend a lot of time by myself with the children, The girls get called around 3pm every day, so we try to do as much together as a family before then. I'm the only partner on tour, and I find it odd not to be performing myself, but I worked with most of the band and production crew before, so I already had relationships with them and it's been great.

It's probably a cliche, but I think Lisa is just perfect in every way. She is beautiful and talented, and is better than anything I could have ever created in my own mind as being the perfect partner. She can be stubborn, and can lose her temper the odd time, but it takes a lot for her to snap, and then she forgets all about it within a minute.

I think she puts a lot of pressure on herself sometimes, to keep everyone else happy . . . she's really selfless. She is a wonderful mother, and an amazing friend and partner in life . . . nobody knows me better or loves me more than Lisa. I love her just as much . . . it's almost a competition between us to see who loves each other more.
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2009, 06:54PM »

Great picture,great article,great couple!!!!!!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: