Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Review 14th of June, Alte Oper, Frankfurt  (Read 10370 times)
lisaholic nr1
« on: June 30, 2011, 06:49AM »

Hey y'all,

I thought I would write a review about my concerts as well, I will post the Dusseldorf one later, but this is how my day was:

Ok, where to start? I tried to remember all details, but I am not going to describe every detail of that day otherwise I will be writing until Christmas!
My dad decided to bring me to Frankfurt, and I am still very thankful for that, because it’s 4,5 hours from here, and when I was at the concert he would stay in the car.

We left at exactly noon, so we wouldn’t be late, just before the German border there was a huge traffic jam! Later we heard that was probably caused by the accident Henny was in.

After  5,5 hours we arrived in Frankfurt, and we parked so we could go to the restaurant.  Just before dinner we met my German forum friends.
After dinner we walked to the concert building, and in front of the concert building I joined Julia and Michelle.
Moni, Julia, Michelle and me were the only ones having m&g passes, so we were brought to a room where we got a drink and our bags with a signed programm book and a t-shirt.

When the show almost started we were brought to our seats, that was weird, because all the other people were already in their seats, so we were standing in front of all people! (Our group was in the first two rows)

When the show started, all I can remember, half the time I was just staring at the ceiling and the drums.
Don’t ask me to tell the sequence of the songs, I was too amazed to follow that.
I can remember, the first one of the girls I saw was Chloë! I made this little squeaky sound: It’s Chloëeeeee!!! YIKEEEES!! I still couldn’t believe I was watching her, oh what was my heart pounding at that moment! During the shows, she gave us a couple of smiles!

The first thing I thought when I saw Lisa Lambe was: Oh….. that hair! She is so cute!
Máiréad… What to say about her? She is everything I expected her to be! She flies, jumps, grins and she plays with passion I have never seen before, passion like only she can play with. During ‘The Coast of Galicia’, she ran towards the part of the stage we were in front of and during a huge jump, she gave Coco and me an enormous grin! Fantastic!

And Lisa Kelly…sigh… *feels sparkle*…  
When the show began, I recognized the first song right away, and I knew when she was going to start singing.
I felt like I still wasn’t prepared enough when she would start to sing, I felt tears welling up, but, at the moment she started to sing, I was smiling, only looking at her. Couldn’t think of anything else.
During the show she looked to our group several times, and Julia and I waved to her when she walked by, looking to us. During ‘at the Ceili’, she was dancing with Chloë in front of us, and laughed to us the whole time (we were on our feet and dancing along).
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 06:53AM by Lisaniac » Logged
lisaholic nr1
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 06:50AM »

After the the show, it was m&g time!  We had Lisa Lambe and Chloë.
When they entered the room, they started talking to other people first, then they walked towards our little group and Chloë said:’Awww, girls!’ Chloë hugged all of us, and starting signing the stuff on the table.  Lisa walked towards us, first hugged the others (It was great to see how excited Moni was!) , and then looked at me, silence….

Suddenly she stretched her arms and took my hands. ‘It’s so wonderful to finally meet you!!’ Big grin*  ‘So, you remember me?’ ‘Of course I remember you! Eeeeviii, you silly girl’ I got a huge hug and she touched my hair and said she wished she could have my hair. (Who is the silly girl now, I thought  ) She told me she thinks of me often because I was the first one to tweet her after she joined Celtic Woman. She turned to the table and started to sign things as well.

Julia and Michelle gave them their gifts, and I gave Chloë the big box of chocolates I brought her. I told Chloë they were Dutch, and she laughed and said: ‘Oh, muhaha, even better! ‘ She cracked me up, she was so funny! And those eyes, unbelieveable!
I gave Lisa her box of chocolates, and she was so happy, I got a hug again.

After the m&g we went outside, and there I saw Lisa and Chloë again, as well Lisa Kelly, they got onto the bus, and we walked back to my dad, who was waiting outside the concert building.
That was Frankfurt, I will write Dusseldorf this week (probably today as well)
Xxx, Evi
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 06:53AM by Lisaniac » Logged
Jennifer
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 06:59AM »

Aww, Evi! I enjoyed this review very much! Smiley Will be waiting for Düsseldorf!
MaryNorth93
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 07:33AM »

As I said on the LL-forum, lovely review!  Cheesy I think I'll be able to notice you in Utrecht during the concert  Roll Eyes
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 07:36AM »

I really love you review Cheesy

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
lisaholic nr1
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 07:44AM »

As I said on the LL-forum, lovely review!  Cheesy I think I'll be able to notice you in Utrecht during the concert  Roll Eyes

haha why that?? Cheesy

Thanks<3
MaryNorth93
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 07:50AM »

haha why that?? Cheesy

Thanks<3

Oh, somehow I have the feeling you might be good with cheering during CW-concerts  Cheesy  Wink
lisaholic nr1
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 07:53AM »

haha why that?? Cheesy

Thanks<3

Oh, somehow I have the feeling you might be good with cheering during CW-concerts  Cheesy  Wink

Roll Eyes
Ben the piper
Bodhrán Player

There can be miracles, when you believe!

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2011, 08:50AM »

Awesome review Evi! Cheesy

Scuilly

There can be miracles...When You Believe!!

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2011, 10:17AM »

Great review Evi!

Kelly
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2011, 10:45AM »

Awesome Review!!!

lisaholic nr1
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2011, 03:33AM »

thanks all! Smiley
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2011, 12:23AM »

Loved the review Evi! I can tell you really enjoyed yourself. Thanks for sharing!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: