Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wenn Du In Meinen Träumen Bei Mir Bist - Hamburg 28/06/11  (Read 9186 times)
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« on: June 30, 2011, 07:24AM »

This is my first review and my second concert of Celtic Woman, excuse me for the mistakes, my english isn't very good Embarrassed

Monday - 27/06/11

We left Paris at 5.20 a.m and my mother drove during all day. We have seen so many beautiful landscape through the Belgium and Germany because we chosen to take the country road for to have a better view of the landscapes, we could see immediately the changement of culture between the different countries it was very interesting. We arrived at Hamburg around 5.00 p.m, the city has the biggest port in Europe around Hamburg there are so many crane, boats, factory, hangar.
Our hotel was in Saint Pauli's district, it's the most lively part of the city the night, the hotel was beautiful and very typical german.

Tuesday - 28/06/11

The night was very relaxing after a day spent on the road, we decided to visit the Hamburg's port, there are so many different beautiful boats : yacht, barge... The weather was warm and the sun didn't stop to shine all day. We eaten at lunch in a typical restaurant german in downtown, the food was really good, my mother did not allow me to have a beer Roll Eyes ! After our meal we did a walk around the Alster lake and we returned to the hotel to change clothes before the concert. We arrived at the venue at 5.00 p.m, the Congress Center is truly a gorgeous venue, we entered at 7.00 p.m and we have buy the grey tee shirts, the program and the magnet, there was no other merchandises except : CD, DVD Songs from the Heart, a green tee shirt with "I love Celtic Woman", the grey tee shirt, the program and the magnet.
The concert hall was opened around 7.30 p.m and what a great feeling of happiness to see the stage. We taken our seat at the left of the stage, we were seating at the second row at 2 meters of the stage, I had a view of the backstages and I could see a white dress between two curtains it was Lisa Kelly, I try to catch her attention but she didn't see me, I have also seen Ray. The concert hall was nearly full, there were only empty seats at the back, a german voice indicated something around 8.00 p.m (I haven't understood because I don't understand the german) follow immediately by David Downes's voice who indicated us to switch off our cellphone and to not film and take picture of the show. The lights went out and the musicians went on stage with applause from the audience. A breeze of wind crossing the quiet audience and behind the Andy's tower Chloë was there.

Act 1

Chloë began the acapella part of Nil Se'n Là follow by Lisa Kelly and finally Lisa Lambe. They held candles, when the music started the choir came on stage for to take the candles of the girls and they appeared in the light with their white dress. What a joy to see them again and to see Lisa Lambe for the first time. They were so amazing and they had fun !
Lisa Kelly stayed on stage and sang Fields of Gold, she really put the emotion on it and it was so magic to hear again this wonderful song. The audience was really passionate by the show. Mairead put the fire on stage with The Coast of Galicia, me and a part of the audience clapped along during the song.
Chloë came on stage and said some words in German, she continued with "Hamburg it's a lovely city, we're so delighted to be here for this evening, we hope you appreciate the show, the next song is really special for me, it's a song from Ireland it's Galway Bay" She sangs the song with emotion and passion in her voice more than the CD and DVD version accompanied by Anthony Byrne.
After that, the curtains are became blue and white and a storm fell on stage with some "Sail Away" in the wind and the thunder, Orinoco Flow arrived ! Great staging, great choregraphy, great voices especially during the chorus when each girls have a solo. I got my first eye contact with Lisa Lambe, she smiled me when she saw me singing along. I know all songs, it's such a great pleasure to sing with them. Lisa Lambe stayed on stage, she recited the poem "The planter's daughter" by Austin Clarke and she sang the rendition of My Lagan Love, she's really a great successor of Lynn and a good addition to the group.
Tommy Martin played : The New Ground accompagnied by Brian Connor who recreated the sound of violins with the keyboard above the piano. My place gave me the chance to have a view on the piano and it's nice to see how the Brian's role is really important : He lead the band, he give the start of each songs and recreate the sound of instruments who weren't on stage like : Harp, Violon, Trumpet... with his keyboard. After this beautiful introduction, Chloë sang her part and the chorus of Isle of Hope, Isle of Tears, Lisa Lambe sang the Lynn's part and the Alex's part. Lisa Kelly gave me a huge smile on the last chorus ! The audience was really reactive, they were screaming and clapped after each songs.
My Heart Was Home Again was introduced by Lisa Kelly, she sang the first part, joined by Lisa Lambe who sang the second part, it's really a beautiful duet their voice go well together, I hope they will record it one day, during her part Lisa Kelly looked me with a smile. Mairead came on stage and an old song arrived Granuaile's Dance, a big part of the audience clapped during the whole song. Mairead was fantastic as always. When Mairead bowed, Lisa and Chloë went near the piano. Brian played the new version of Goodnight My Angel, I really like it (I love all Celtic Woman' Song  Tongue ) Chloë's voice is still relaxing, Lisa has a mother's voice as always, really touching.
Mairead and Lisa Lambe joined them and Danny Boy began with some screams and applause from the audience, still amazing it's different than the version with Alex and Lynn but still powerful. Lisa Lambe's voice is really beautiful and the violin replace well the 4th voice Cheesy, I got again some smiles from Chloë and Lisa.
The last song of the first act arrived, a huge number : Mo Ghile Mear, Chloë gave me a wink Shocked Shocked during her part : "... And sing your dream to me once more" I hope this song will always stay in the show ! When the choir down in the audience, they clapped ! the all audience clapped with them ! Laura McCabester was just front of me and when she saw I danced on my seat she gave me a huge smile and she approached a little more about me Cheesy ! Chloë gave me an other wink, I was very happy but sad because it was already the end of the first act of this magic night.

Act 2

After the intermission, the orchestra back on stage applauded by the audience, Mairead began like on the DVD and CD the introduction of The Call, really powerful and fantastic. Lisa Kelly gave me a smile during the first chorus. Anthony played the introduction of Amazing Grace, he was applaused strongly by the audience ! The harmony is really wonderful, very touching. Lisa Lambe introduced the next song almost entirely in German, the seaweed's joke was appreciate by the audience they all laughed ! Her rendition of Dulaman is truly great especially with her spoons Grin She stayed on stage and she began the first part of the Songs from the Heart duet : Walking The Night, her duet with Chloë was totally touching, different than the first version with Alex and Lynn. It's great to hear this version, at the end, the second part of the Songs from the Heart began : The instrumental part, beautiful ! Andy played bodhran, Ray played spoons, Ewan played guitar, Tommy played pipes, I hope this one will be record on a DVD. Then Lisa sang Give Me Your Hand joined by Chloë, powerful and charming song ! Lisa Lambe joined them toward the end and they ended it so pretty Cheesy
Brian played the introduction of The Moon's a Harsh Mistress with Mairead ! Lisa Kelly put so much emotion on it, I really love this song. The next song is the highlight of the concert and probably of the year for me : Chloë Agnew arrived on stage and sang When You Believe, toward the end Chloë turned to me and blow me a kiss especially for me Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked I was almost dead ! My mother was really surprised by this kiss, when I will be sad I will think of this moment.
At The Ceili arrived, it was lovely, Lisa Kelly looked me when she searched a man during her part. Chloë is really great on the Orla/Alex's part Cheesy During the Lisa Lambe's part, when Chloë and Lisa Kelly were near of the piano ! They looked me when I singing along with Lisa Lambe and I had the impression to be on stage with them it was unforgettable. They shared so much with me this night.
Mairead played The Lost Rose of Fantasia, the Ewan's part at the beginning was truly beautiful and touching, Mairead was as always fantastic, then she really put the fire to the audience, we clapped along with her on The Mason's Apron ! The Dvorak' Symphony began, David Downes is such a genius, Non C'è Più is really a huge number, the choir's addition is truly amazing ! Then we couldn't stop to applaude, Lisa Lambe tried to introduce Wenn Du In Meinen Traümen Bei Mir Bist but she should wait five minutes. Lisa Lambe invited us to sing along with them and we all sang with them, it was perfect. We gave them the first Standing Ovation of the night, I think it's a kind of O, America for the German. We couldn't stop to applaude, Mairead tried to calm us, finally she succeeded ! And she announced : "The next song is really a song close to our heart since the beginning of Celtic Woman, composed by two dear friends of us, we know you all know it, this song is You Raise Me Up", we all screamed when Mairead gave the name of the song. During the song Chloë looked me with a look full of emotion, she didn't smile this time but she tried to bring me to the heaven I think... Standing Ovation at the end during five minutes.
Finale - Mo Ghile Mear was super, Mairead was unleashed on stage, Eimear McCarthy gave me a smile, we clapped along during the whole song, when they arrived on stage for their bows we were stand up ! it was very hard to hear Chloë when she thanked the band and the choir, we were so happy ! Chloë invited us to dance and sing for the last song, then Spanish Lady began I danced during the whole song, I really love the new version Cheesy then they waved and said goodbye to us ! Chloë waved to me when she was near of me.

I was so happy after the concert especially with the Chloë's kiss during When You Believe, I wonder if she recognized me because I met her in New York last year and she smiled me at my first concert so maybe ! I can't count how many time they smiled me. Now I must wait September to see them again in Paris and we planned to go to the US next Year for see them. Cheesy

Thank you for read it and excuse me for the mistakes Embarrassed
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 07:41AM by Dinozzzo » Logged

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
MaryNorth93
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 07:31AM »

Great review! Glad you had such a good time!  Cheesy
mishawakafan

A smile a little girl & her Papa will never forget

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 08:01AM »

Great review! Smiley

Jennifer
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 08:06AM »

This was a great review! Very happy you had a good time!
Breno

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 08:35AM »

I wish I could listen to Wenn Do In Meinen Träumen live...

Thanks for the review!
Ben the piper
Bodhrán Player

There can be miracles, when you believe!

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 08:59AM »

Very cool review! Thanks! Smiley

Scuilly

There can be miracles...When You Believe!!

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 10:16AM »

Wonderful review with lots of emotion! Lovely interactions from the girls too! Great reading and not too many mistakes!  Wink

Kelly
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 02:11PM »

Great review, Dinozzzo! It's great you got all that interaction with the girls, especially Chloë! I wouldn't be surprised if she did remember you from your previous meet. Thanks for sharing!
hayleynibhaoleafh<3'scelticwoman!
Honorary Roadie

U can have my <3, if U don't mind broken things...

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 02:32PM »

Sounds like you had quite a night! Cheesy Happy you could go.

Loooooove Hayley xxx
~~~~~~~Maybe it's not about the happy endings... maybe it's about the story...~~~~~~
Friend are angels ~*~ Cherish them
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2011, 04:11PM »

Thank you so much for your answers ! Yes it was an amazing night. I can't wait to see them in Paris in September Cheesy

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: