Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Musical Using CW Music  (Read 8686 times)
BruceBarnes

« on: August 30, 2007, 01:41PM »

OK, I know I don't write much but I had a real brainstorm driving to work today.  I envisioned a musical based on CW music.  Maybe the story line can start out as a young widowed mother with a little boy that lives on the west coast of Ireland.  For instance, I imagined a mother singing "The Prayer" while she is watching her son sleeping (of course his name would have to be Danny, how else could we slip in "Danny Boy" somewhere in the musical).  She has 5 close friends that she's known since childhood.  OK, I don't really have a story line after that but that's where everyone else can come in.  Let's see if we can't create a storyline.  Where would you put in the individual CW songs.  Someone can post and the person after that builds on it.  if that can't be done we just type in different scenes using the CW music and after awhile maybe a good storyline will emerge which I'll be happy to put together if there is enough posts and interests.  It's just a thought.  I hope everyone jumps in.  If not I just made a fool out of myself.   Shocked   
Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 01:57PM »

that sounds cool!

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth" Psalm 100:1
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 02:45PM »

I think we can put picked songs in there too. Wink

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 03:46PM »

Well, you could have the mother and her friends go to a Ceili (at the ceili) and the mother meets her man, but later he has to come to America (send me a song) to find work. Or something like that.
celticriver

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 05:23PM »

Well, you could have the mother and her friends go to a Ceili (at the ceili) and the mother meets her man, but later he has to come to America (send me a song) to find work. Or something like that.

I like that idea!! Somehow you could incorporate "At the Ceili" into it as well! Hmmn, let me think of some more ideas. This is fun!
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 05:47PM »

OK, I know I don't write much but I had a real brainstorm driving to work today.  I envisioned a musical based on CW music. 

If not I just made a fool out of myself.     

Its an interesting idea, Didnt they do that with music by the group Queen? Or some other group at some time?

This is a forgiving group. I think I have made 1 or 2, or maybe 3, foolish statements (Maggie might argue I made a few more  Cheesy) Anyway, they havent kicked me off yet. And what you said wasnt foolish at all.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 05:48PM »

I thought of something else. You could have the mother give her son words of wisdom and incorporate "The Blessing" into them.
BruceBarnes

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 06:03PM »

Its an interesting idea, Didnt they do that with music by the group Queen? Or some other group at some time?

I'm not sure if they did that with Queen but they took all of Billy Joel's music and turned it into a musical called "Rent" and it's a smash on Broadway.  I bet they could do the same thing with CW if we could find someone who can write a musical for us.  lol
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 06:07PM by BruceBarnes » Logged
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 10:17PM »

What about ABBA's Momma Mia and the Who's Tommy? Musicals using the group's music?

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
BruceBarnes

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2007, 05:41AM »

Yep, you're right.  So to everyone out there.  It CAN be done.  Smiley
chickie.monkey
Total Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2007, 06:21AM »

it would only be good if our girls are in it though  Grin

Capn Davey

Your Dream's Do Come True!

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2007, 06:52PM »

ok but isn't celtic woman almost kind of like a musical
oh I have an idea (thats not a good thing)
we could call it AT THE CEILI

I'm there dude

dave

Banner By Celtic Fiddler

Amy Rivard Forum:
http://amyrivardforum.com/forum/
Moscapoet
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2007, 07:42PM »

Brucebarnes we think alike my friend. I had a dream the night of April 18th (I didn't know until a couple weeks later it was Mairead's birthday as I didn't even know about the forum then) on that very thing. All the cast of CW was in the movie and it has stayed etched in my mind. The movie was about the famine and those that stayed in Ireland and those that came to the states. The song in my head at the end was the title of the movie and I called it "Ireland bloom again". I've been trying to match pieces of CW music (both from the group and the individual CDs) to the scenes of that movie. I'd sure go see it, and imagine the award nominations for musical score! I've never written a screen play before but sure would work with anyone who can. Would CW be interested in a musical like that?   
m.k.c.
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2007, 11:23PM »

I'm not sure if they did that with Queen but they took all of Billy Joel's music and turned it into a musical called "Rent" and it's a smash on Broadway.  I bet they could do the same thing with CW if we could find someone who can write a musical for us.  lol

"RENT" is actually based of the Opera La Boehem  (sp?) and the storyline was taken and changed by Jonathon Larson who wrote all the songs himself.

I like the musical idea though, Bruce.   
BruceBarnes

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2007, 08:44PM »

M.K.C., I stand corrected but I do know that they made a musical out of Billy Joel's music.  I just can't remember what it's called.

Moscapoet, I think that is an excellent idea.  And I bet you a million dollars that CW would love to do a musical if they could get someone to write the screenplay.  You seem to have a great storyline.  Come on folks let's help out CapnDavey here.  What type of scenes and CW songs could we incorporate into Moscapoet's storyline.  Let's hear those ideas!!!!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 08:49PM by BruceBarnes » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: