Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Musical Using CW Music  (Read 8687 times)
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2007, 04:47AM »

M.K.C., I stand corrected but I do know that they made a musical out of Billy Joel's music.  I just can't remember what it's called.
[O/T]
That was Movin' Out, a pop ballet musical with no dialog, written by renowned choreographer Twyla Tharp.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
BruceBarnes

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2007, 09:36AM »

Thanks Rich.  I knew it was something.  Just my memory going again.  I think I have Pre-Altzheimers.    Cheesy
Moscapoet
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2007, 03:41PM »

M.K.C., I stand corrected but I do know that they made a musical out of Billy Joel's music.  I just can't remember what it's called.

Moscapoet, I think that is an excellent idea.  And I bet you a million dollars that CW would love to do a musical if they could get someone to write the screenplay.  You seem to have a great storyline.  Come on folks let's help out CapnDavey here.  What type of scenes and CW songs could we incorporate into Moscapoet's storyline.  Let's hear those ideas!!!!
Thank you BruceBarnes. I have many of the songs from Celtic Woman assigned to parts of the movie as well as some from the ladies various solo albums. There are scenes in a church, at a school, in a pub (go figure), at homes, on the dock, onboard the ship, and in the states. I think I'm going to try and find a book on how to write a screenplay and start work this fall. The movie also incorporates a song that was in my head from the dream. My first goal, though is to get my now 100 poems/lyrics published. Copies will be free to forum members (and anyone within CW) when finished.
m.k.c.
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2007, 04:59PM »

Here's a site with some helpful info on scriptwrtiing:

http://www.screenwriting.info/
BruceBarnes

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2007, 01:21PM »

That's great Moscapoet.  Anything I, or anyone else in here can do to help let us know.  I'd love to see a copy of your screenplay when you finish it.
Moscapoet
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2007, 03:13PM »

Thanks m.k.c. for the link, and thank you BruceBarnes for the offer. Yes, I will sure see to it that forum folks get a copy of the screenplay when finished. The poetry/lyric book too. The support and encouragement really mean a lot especially if you're uncertain whether anyone cares about such stuff anymore.
BruceBarnes

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2007, 08:21AM »

I think if you can really capture what life is like in Ireland, the beauty of the land, the kindness and caring of their people, then you would have one heck of a hit on your hands.  I'm going to emphasize the beauty because there isn't a movie made in Europe or the British Isles that has ever flopped when the natural beauty of the land is front and center.  I remember the movie "the Quiet Man" with John Wayne.  Although a good movie, what really stood out was the rolling hills of Ireland, the beautiful little town and the gentleness of the people.  Maybe it's just me but there's just something special about Ireland that gets to me, and I've never even been there.  LOL
Moscapoet
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2007, 04:50PM »

Wait until you go, you won't be disappointed. I was there for the first time this year and didn't want to go home. Heck, I didn't want to leave the Helix! The movie in my head was filled with beautiful scenery and , of course, it would be filmed in Ireland if i have anything to say about it.
BruceBarnes

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2007, 12:07PM »

I was stationed in England during the 80s and never got to Ireland.  But a buddy of mine called me up recently and talked me into going with him in Dec '08 back to England.  I told him we HAVE to go to Ireland if only for a few days.  Since the Quiet Man was supposed to have taken place in Innisfree, that is the only place I really want to go.  I'm sure the city is modern but I'm betting the countryside hasn't changed a bit.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 12:11PM by BruceBarnes » Logged
Starrgurl

All the things she said running through my head...

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2007, 10:46PM »

Finally I don't feel so weird anymore! Just a few months ago, I was imagining a musical of CW music. Only mine involved some made-up goddess (played by me lol) opening singing The Sky And The Dawn And The Sun...

If we all will dare to dream dreams
Of a new and brighter day
If we work to make them come true
We will surely find a way
BruceBarnes

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2007, 01:52PM »

It doesn't matter WHAT the storyline is as long as one was done.  I'd pay anything to see a musical with their music.
Moscapoet
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2007, 02:20PM »

The first two pages are done. I'm really going to try and have it finished in time for the Omaha concert on November 15th. Whew!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: