Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayer for my friend  (Read 8489 times)
rosie l

« on: August 30, 2007, 04:04PM »

My friend from HIgh School,( Mother Veronica) Evelyn to me, is losing her battle of 3 years with overian cancer. She has been an inspiration to her family, fellow nuns, and friends, with her quiet acceptance ,strong faith and wonderful sense of humor. Please pray that Hospice will be able to make her comfortable and pain free. Also pray for her siblings,fellow nuns,and friends who are already griveing.
We usually communicate via mail ,  once a month, or e-mail for jokes and other silly stuff.
When Evelyn told me a few months ago that she knew she wasn't going to make it,I prayed for guidence if I should send her my book on Heaven. I did and she loved it so much she phoned me to tell me she loved it and it gave her a lot of peace. It's my favorite book and I have been reading it to myself on my birthday for the last 4 years as a present to myself!!
It is good for coping with the loss of someone you love too.
If you would like to know the name of the book send me an e-mail

Rosie
Lisa_is_my_idol!!!!

Hoping to meet Lisa one fine day

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 05:18PM »

I will definetely pray for your friend. Its hard to lose people, but remember where she will go, and how much easier life will be when she gets there. I know what it's like to lose someone you love, I've lost my grandpa, my uncle, my grandma, my great grandma, my cousin, and my other grandpa is in awfully poor shape, and we don't expect him to be around much longer.

I hope your friend is able to enjoy the time she has, and that she will be comfortable and pain free.

rosie l

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 06:10PM »

Thanks for your kind words. I know Evelyn will be in a better place with Our Lord. It's always hard to lose someone your close to even when you've had plenty of time to prepare.
Maggie
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 08:53PM »

Thanks for your kind words. I know Evelyn will be in a better place with Our Lord. It's always hard to lose someone your close to even when you've had plenty of time to prepare.

Rosie, I will pray for Evelyn. I like her official name, Mother Veronica.
I chose Veronica as my confirmation name, because she had the courage to go up to Jesus as he carried his cross, and wipe his face. 

It seems you are doing everything possible to help and comfort your friend.
You've shown her great kindness.
She will remember that.
rosie l

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 09:25PM »

Thanks  Maggie.

I liked your telling me about the saint Veronica, Evelyn probably would have done that if she had the opportunity. Someday I might tell you why I chose my particular saint. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 09:34PM »

Rosie, I will keep her in my prayers.

A few years ago we lost my cousin, a Dominican nun to brain cancer. (She was 3 years older than me). We knew that when she passed, God would take home one of his own.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 12:51PM »

Rosie, your friend is in my prayers.  My husband recently lost a good friend , Sister Helen, who had just celebrated her jubilee. Having gone through 12 years of parochial school, I have many fond memories of the nuns that taught me and admire their dedication. Sounds like she is surrounded by friends who love her.

Take care.

Susan

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 05:04PM »

I'll hold an "Ave" for your friend, rosie, just an eye up. Wink

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: