Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Taping of new show  (Read 66503 times)
Scott

« Reply #195 on: September 09, 2011, 04:36PM »

Well, MOST of the audience was.  Some in the pit seats acted like they were asleep.

While I never went to speak to them to confirm this, I assumed the folks in the pit were not specifically CW fans, but parents of the choir group.

I very much doubt that.  The people in the pit on the second night were basically wooden statues, except for the two ladies far over to the piano side.  I assume they were representatives of the Atlanta-area companies that donated most highly to the participating PBS affiliates.  I sincerely hope they do use the video feed from the first night shows for participation from the pit area.  If they don't, then it'll basically look like it was taped in Dublin again.

KelticKraze

« Reply #196 on: September 09, 2011, 11:01PM »

Well, MOST of the audience was.  Some in the pit seats acted like they were asleep.

While I never went to speak to them to confirm this, I assumed the folks in the pit were not specifically CW fans, but parents of the choir group.

Some of them were GPB employees.  Undecided

KC
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #197 on: September 10, 2011, 08:18AM »

I know one of them was the head lady from GPB who went on stage before the show.  I could see her clearly -- looking around the audience (as we were standing and cheering and they were all sitting and clapping politely).  They finally stood at the end of the show.
KelticKraze

« Reply #198 on: September 13, 2011, 05:45PM »

Where were you this time last week? Has it been a week already?!

KC
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #199 on: September 18, 2011, 01:35AM »

According to Scott on Twitter, the first Mairead' solo is : The Foxhunter

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
MaryNorth93
« Reply #200 on: September 18, 2011, 04:02AM »

That sounds sooo cool! Love that title!  Grin
Jennifer
« Reply #201 on: September 18, 2011, 06:53AM »

Awesome!!! Cheesy
Ben the piper
Bodhrán Player

There can be miracles, when you believe!

« Reply #202 on: September 18, 2011, 10:22AM »

The foxhunter? That's a jig isn't it?

Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #203 on: September 18, 2011, 04:05PM »

Some of them were GPB employees.  Undecided
I was loafing in the hotel lobby a bit Wednesday afternoon and observed some people meet to discuss some type of reception to take place in one of the Georgian terrace conference type areas off the lobby. Turns out GPB had some type of event there just before the show, from like 5pm - 7pm. I would guess its certainly possible that they had some type of thing for big donors or for big donations. It would be easy for them to just cross the street in plenty of time for a 7:30 start.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: