Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Taping of new show  (Read 66545 times)
Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2011, 11:35AM »

If only it weren't my first day of school, otherwise I could possibly go. That's ok though! I'm just so excited for a new show with new songs!

Scuilly

There can be miracles...When You Believe!!

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2011, 11:45AM »

I'll be there.

Kelly
Scuilly

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2011, 11:54AM »

And to be honest, I hope they don't record You Raise Me Up again. I love this song, but it's already in all DVDs.

I kind of agree.  I understand that it's a special song to a lot of people (and to me--it was my first CW song!), but I'd like to see something new. Wink

Me too  Cheesy But I'm anyway very excited about this. My ipod is craving for new CW-songs  Grin And with the expanded attention from CW to the international market, the cd &dvd might be quicker available in Europe? Who knows... 

I think they will record this song. It has been with them from the very beginning...why would they take it out now? I would be dissapointed if the didn't record it...

Kelly
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2011, 12:02PM »

And to be honest, I hope they don't record You Raise Me Up again. I love this song, but it's already in all DVDs.

I kind of agree.  I understand that it's a special song to a lot of people (and to me--it was my first CW song!), but I'd like to see something new. Wink

Me too  Cheesy But I'm anyway very excited about this. My ipod is craving for new CW-songs  Grin And with the expanded attention from CW to the international market, the cd &dvd might be quicker available in Europe? Who knows... 

I think they will record this song. It has been with them from the very beginning...why would they take it out now? I would be dissapointed if the didn't record it...

I agree with you.  YRMU is a huge part of Celtic Woman and should stay that way.  Smiley  I'd be really sad to see it go.

By the way, I have a really important question.  When you buy a ticket, is that ticket for just one of the two shows or does it cover both nights?  I know that's a stupid question but I really need to know.  Thanks.

TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2011, 12:04PM »

By the way, I have a really important question.  When you buy a ticket, is that ticket for just one of the two shows or does it cover both nights?  I know that's a stupid question but I really need to know.  Thanks.
According to someone on the Mairead Forum, that ticket is good for one night only, unless you purchase tickets for both nights.  You might want to call the venue and/or the PBS stations to be 100% sure, though.
Scuilly

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2011, 12:10PM »

According to someone on the Mairead Forum, that ticket is good for one night only, unless you purchase tickets for both nights.  You might want to call the venue and/or the PBS stations to be 100% sure, though.

You have to buy a ticket for BOTH nights. I pleadged through PBS for a pair of tickets for both nights...$200 per pair for the 1st night and $160 per pair for the second.

Kelly
frenchlaly
Total Fanatic

Celtic Woman biggest french fan!

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2011, 12:13PM »

wouaw too cool!! it's amazing!! can't wait to buy it!!  i'm happy for y'all who will have a ticket!! if only i could go to Atlanta!!! Wink

make noise for the girls , it must be the most beautiful dvd they never made ok???

Wink Cheesy

all that i want is to share my love for Celtic Woman with you Smiley
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2011, 12:40PM »

Does anything else excite a fan forum more or quicker than an announcement of a DVD recording?

Can anyone recommend a good yet cheap hotel close to that venue?

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Jennifer
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2011, 12:45PM »

If only it weren't my first day of school, otherwise I could possibly go. That's ok though! I'm just so excited for a new show with new songs!
Yeah, me too... Well, if it wasn't the (sort of) second week of school, my parents would probably let me go...

I'm gonna ask them, though. Smiley
btimerson
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

Made it to ForumFest 2012 in Chicago!

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2011, 12:51PM »

Tickets are available through 2 PBS outlets:

PBA30 (PBS Atlanta) 678-553-3030 $200 for a pair on Sept 6
Might be better to go to the website directly since the person I talked to didn't think there were any tickets left.
https://secure.publicbroadcasting.net/pba30/default/form.pledgemain   Select $200 gift and check the box for CW tickets.   I was able to get my tickets after the person said they were sold out.  Probably not on her computer yet.

Tenn PBS 615-259-9325  $100 for a pair on Sept 7

And the Georgian Terrace hotel is right across the street.  Seems like pretty good prices, about $122 or $140 with AAA discount, depending on the room size.
My wife and I are booked there.  http://www.thegeorgianterrace.com/

Brad T
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 12:59PM by btimerson » Logged

btimerson
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

Made it to ForumFest 2012 in Chicago!

« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2011, 01:01PM »

Does anything else excite a fan forum more or quicker than an announcement of a DVD recording?
Can anyone recommend a good yet cheap hotel close to that venue?

My wife and I booked here, The Georgian Terrace.  Right across the street.  Seemed like pretty good prices for downtown Atlanta, about $122 to $140 with AAA discount depending on room size.
http://www.thegeorgianterrace.com/

Brad T

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2011, 01:16PM »

You have to buy a ticket for BOTH nights. I pleadged through PBS for a pair of tickets for both nights...$200 per pair for the 1st night and $160 per pair for the second.

Thanks for the info guys.  Smiley  I'll only be able to afford one night so I'll be there on the 7th with my grandmother and MAYBE my boyfriend!  Smiley  WOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Hannahlmatt
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2011, 01:50PM »

We (my parents, cousin and I) are definitely going to try to make it. My cousin's husband works for an airline, so she can probably get us "buddy passes" for the flight down to ATL. I've got classes on Tues. and Thurs. but I don't have any on Wed, so that's really good! We might only be able to make it to the Tues. filming if the tickets aren't good for two nights.

The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2011, 02:05PM »

Maybe. if I get lucky. Like really lucky

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2011, 02:18PM »

You have to remember. All the other tapings were Production tapings. Those tickets were free as long as you could get there.

This sounds like they are going to try and tape a real concert with nothing but fans in the audience. They are actually selling tickets for this one, and also going thru PBS. Whole diff thing. They are doing it over two nights because to get all the diff camera angles it takes at least two shows. One night may be all close ups and the next night maybe all wide shots.

Since we already HAVE Songs from the Heart on DVD, I doubt its going to be the same show.

Also if I remember right, When SFTH ended in the U.S, Scott had mentioned it was the end of THAT tour. So again, sounds like new show, new material, with a few old songs.

Anyways..see you all in Atlanta!!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: