Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old Songs in New Special  (Read 20085 times)
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2011, 04:40PM »

I don't care what they do, it's going to be amazing.
i concur.

Looks like I havent posted on this thread yet, so I will put in my 2 cents worth now.  Cheesy

I hope the new jazzed up Orinoco Flow remains a part of the show, with all the cool lights and oh-OOOOH-oh thrown in vocalizations that seem so cool. I really want that on a dvd.

Lisa L's Dulaman will hopefully stay. Another thing I want on that dvd.

looks like Chloe will be singing When you Believe again, given the title of the show. But, do we know that for sure? For all we know, they wrote a new song and named it Believe. To me though its Chloe's song and always a favorte of mine to see performed. i hope its in the show

since they are recording this in the USA and in front of us Americans, I hope for a return of Oh America. The crowd will go NUTS! I am betting its in the show.

i love isle of hope isle of tears i  am thinking they remove that and put a replacement group number in. somethings got to go and something new come in.

plus, i think YRMU stays in the show. Its tradition and almost a signature song, although not really since its a cover song. Yet somehow, if its removed, would sort of be like Lynard Skynard not doing Free Bird , or Carrie Underwood not doing Before he Cheats, or Larry the Cable Guy not saying "Git-R-DONE!" I would hope for 1 minor change, that they have Mairead say the "You've been such a wonderful audience, thank you" I love Lisa K doing it, but I just hope to hear Mairead say something, and since she has no singing part, that would be a good, small vocal thing for her to do.

i hope Lisa Ks solos are Fields of Gold and the Voice. Yes, I want a return of that song.

I also hope Amazing Grace and Danny Boy stay. But I am thinking that AG is out, but Danny Boy has become tradition much like YRMU. I bet its in, just done different. Maybe back to a solo for someone. (Lisa K?) But I hope DB remains in the show as a  group vocal a capella.

of course its all just what i hope and my opinion.  whatever they do, its all good.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
mishawakafan

A smile a little girl & her Papa will never forget

« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2011, 07:59AM »

I know this was said before, but................................................

Even if a song is not included in the DVD taping, it does not mean it won't be included in the new Tour Show.

At the same time, a song performed and recorded at the taping (ie. Carolina Rua) may not be on the DVD or in the new Show.

I "Believe" I will enjoy whatever is the finished DVD Show and future Tour Shows.

David and the Girls have not let me down yet.

Believe!
 Smiley
Phil

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2011, 08:11AM »

I don't care what they do, it's going to be amazing.
I also hope Amazing Grace and Danny Boy stay. But I am thinking that AG is out, but Danny Boy has become tradition much like YRMU. I bet its in, just done different. Maybe back to a solo for someone. (Lisa K?) But I hope DB remains in the show as a  group vocal a capella.

You know, I never really thought about Danny Boy! But you're absolutely right! Its such a staple in their shows and its the song that comes to mind when most people think of Ireland. I wonder if they'll pull another ANJ and have them perform Danny Boy in addition to another a capella number? (with ANJ they did Over The Rainbow and Somewhere)
searcher119

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2011, 12:34PM »

I would like to see some new original songs by Brenden Graham and David Downes! As for old songs I like the new versions of Duleman and Orinoco Flow.
Scuilly

There can be miracles...When You Believe!!

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2011, 01:08PM »

according to Scott Porter...all NEW songs! I don't think we will hear any old songs on the CD/DVD...

By new does he mean songs they haven't done before or original songs never before performed? (I'm hoping for the later one)

I guess we will all find out together...

Kelly
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2011, 01:28PM »

Whatever they do will be incredible!!!!!!!  I love the new version on Nil Sen La though... Smiley

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2011, 02:58PM »

according to Scott Porter...all NEW songs! I don't think we will hear any old songs on the CD/DVD...

By new does he mean songs they haven't done before or original songs never before performed? (I'm hoping for the later one)

Well, my opinion is that none of the old songs will be returning for this show.  I'm basing that on Chloe's quote in the Atlanta Theater Fans Interview that Rich posted on Facebook a short time back.  In the interview, Chloe says “every song will be brand new..."

Yes, it's possible that could mean that some older songs may still be in the show, but that they are completely changed (making them "brand new," but personally, I believe it to mean exactly what it says, that all the songs are ones we have not heard before.
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2011, 09:00PM »

Well, my opinion is that none of the old songs will be returning for this show.  I'm basing that on Chloe's quote in the Atlanta Theater Fans Interview that Rich posted on Facebook a short time back.  In the interview, Chloe says “every song will be brand new..."

Yes, it's possible that could mean that some older songs may still be in the show, but that they are completely changed (making them "brand new," but personally, I believe it to mean exactly what it says, that all the songs are ones we have not heard before.
Although I certainly hope WTN/GMYH and My Heart Was Home Again are gonna be included!
RoAR
Honorary Roadie

It's far beyond the stars...

« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2011, 06:02PM »

You're missing so many songs on that list! I'm going to vote for At the Ceili mainly because it's driving me nuts that it's ONLY on the ANJ extended edition. I didn't even know there was an extended edition until after I bought the regular one. Tongue
BUT I'd rather see the Soft Goodbye come back because I think they could perform it WAAAAY better now. It would be strange without Méav though...
I'd also like to see Send Me a Song, Dulaman, Siuil a Ruin (which would be strange without Órla...), the Butterfly, and SOOOOO many more!

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2011, 10:16PM »

You're missing so many songs on that list!
I only included songs that were on the SFTH tour. Songs that feature the current line-up.
wraith257

« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2011, 04:43PM »

I voted for Dulaman.I did find out about one song that will be in the new special.
I'm not gonna say what it is only that it is one of the songs on the first DVD. Grin
Hannahlmatt
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2011, 07:38PM »

I voted for Dulaman.I did find out about one song that will be in the new special.
I'm not gonna say what it is only that it is one of the songs on the first DVD. Grin

Same singer, but not the same version, though... There's tons of different arrangements of that song Smiley

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: