Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New CW song?  (Read 8557 times)
icecubes4ever

« on: August 06, 2011, 09:28AM »

I think it would be awesome if Lisa LIsa Chloe and Mairead did Go The Distance....What do ya
ll think?

MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 10:44AM »

Go the Distance is a great song. I bet the girls would perform it beautifully!
RoAR
Honorary Roadie

It's far beyond the stars...

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 08:24PM »

NOOO!!!!! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the song and I'm sure CW could do it well (I mean, they are CW! Wink), but Go the Distance is just not a CW song.

MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 11:54PM »

Don't be too quick to consider a song something that CW can't do. After all, David is a genius, and these girls' talents are endless.  Wink Grin
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 06:54PM »

That would be awesome!!!!!

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 08:11AM »

I completely agree! Would love to hear it!
RoAR
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 08:41AM »

Don't be too quick to consider a song something that CW can't do. After all, David is a genius, and these girls' talents are endless.  Wink Grin
Like I said, don't get me wrong! I know they have great abilities and could sing anything they put their minds to, but some songs just don't fit with CW! For example, how many people would have a fit if they did a song by Journey? They could still do it, but some songs are just not CW songs. I would say this is one of them, but then again that may change after this next show....I would say all the same things about Circle of Life so my CW songs "standards" may change soon.

Although, if we are Disney songs CW should do, I think they should do "Somewhere Out There" from an American Tale as well as several other Disney songs.......and I know several other people will disagree with that! Smiley

BTW, before those of you who read this and haven't heard it go look it up, DON'T listen to the movie version of Somewhere Out There! It's kind of cute that they used the actual actors to sing that song, but those kids have no singing ability. Tongue

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 08:58AM »

Like I said, don't get me wrong! I know they have great abilities and could sing anything they put their minds to, but some songs just don't fit with CW! For example, how many people would have a fit if they did a song by Journey? They could still do it, but some songs are just not CW songs. I would say this is one of them, but then again that may change after this next show....I would say all the same things about Circle of Life so my CW songs "standards" may change soon.

Although, if we are Disney songs CW should do, I think they should do "Somewhere Out There" from an American Tale as well as several other Disney songs.......and I know several other people will disagree with that! Smiley

BTW, before those of you who read this and haven't heard it go look it up, DON'T listen to the movie version of Somewhere Out There! It's kind of cute that they used the actual actors to sing that song, but those kids have no singing ability. Tongue

I still think they should sing that, and as for Somewhere Out There, I already listened to the movie version, and remember that those actors were only little children.  They weren't trained to sing properly yet.

Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 10:25AM »

I thought circle of life, as well as the other song it was sort of attached to (dont want to give away a spoiler) was a show highlight!

you can never predict what the final opinion will be on songs. I will give an example from Celtic Thunder's recent concert. So if you don't want a spoiler on this, beware! 

*** celtic Thunder Spoiler   ***

Before the show I looked over the set list and noted that Ryan would sing "Friends in Low Places" I thought 'NO WAY!" I was a BIG Garth Brooks fan back in the day. I realize many of you are young and may think he is a myth, much like people my age think Elvis was a myth! <ducks fast>   Cheesy  Anyway I thought NO one does it like Garth. I thought that I would hate it. And wow was I wrong. I couldn't believe how many people in the crowd knew the words and sang along! The song was well done and a BIG hit!

then again maybe you can predict a few things. Like I cant see Orla doing a Christmas duet with Rob Zombie.  Shocked

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 10:32AM »

I thought circle of life, as well as the other song it was sort of attached to (dont want to give away a spoiler) was a show highlight!

you can never predict what the final opinion will be on songs. I will give an example from Celtic Thunder's recent concert. So if you don't want a spoiler on this, beware! 

*** celtic Thunder Spoiler   ***

Before the show I looked over the set list and noted that Ryan would sing "Friends in Low Places" I thought 'NO WAY!" I was a BIG Garth Brooks fan back in the day. I realize many of you are young and may think he is a myth, much like people my age think Elvis was a myth! <ducks fast>   Cheesy  Anyway I thought NO one does it like Garth. I thought that I would hate it. And wow was I wrong. I couldn't believe how many people in the crowd knew the words and sang along! The song was well done and a BIG hit!

then again maybe you can predict a few things. Like I cant see Orla doing a Christmas duet with Rob Zombie.  Shocked

I SO AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And yes Circle of Life was AMAZNG!!!!!!!  Every song in that show was amazing!

OMG I SO WANNA HEAR RYAN SING THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm 24 (young) and I love Garth Brooks and I love that song!  Smiley

RoAR
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 08:48AM »

Apparently this needs a spoiler alert, so I'm going to spoiler alert it!

****Believe Spoiler********
I think why Circle of Life seems so strange to me is because their putting it with one of my favorite songs from Les Misérables, I Dreamed a Dream. Les Misérables has been my favorite musical since I was six so I'm pretty picky about my Les Mis music and it doesn't seem right that they (a) turn it into a duet and (b) put it with Circle of Life (which still doesn't seem like a CW song to me!). However, I've only heard positive reviews about the combination, so maybe I'll like it after all......but then again would I hear bad reviews on the CW forum?

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 10:45AM »

Apparently this needs a spoiler alert, so I'm going to spoiler alert it!

****Believe Spoiler********
I think why Circle of Life seems so strange to me is because their putting it with one of my favorite songs from Les Misérables, I Dreamed a Dream. Les Misérables has been my favorite musical since I was six so I'm pretty picky about my Les Mis music and it doesn't seem right that they (a) turn it into a duet and (b) put it with Circle of Life (which still doesn't seem like a CW song to me!). However, I've only heard positive reviews about the combination, so maybe I'll like it after all......but then again would I hear bad reviews on the CW forum?

SPOILER ALERT
With music, there's no right or wrong.  Music is about expression and when David arranged the songs together the way he did, it was called Celtic Woman's Tribute to Broadway, because a lot of Broadway musicals have graced the Fox Theater.  I think it was there way of giving back.

RoAR
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2011, 10:04PM »

True there is no right or wrong in music......however there is like and dislike! Grin
I may or may not like CW singing this. I won't really know until I've heard them, but it's not the first song I'd choose to hear them sing. In my mind there seem to be songs that would fit better with CW....and I know there are people who would disagree with the songs I'd like to hear them sing.
For example I'd like to hear:
Alex sing Into the West from LOTR
Máiréad play Bring Him Home from Les Mis
Lisa K. sing Beauty and the Beast (although I hear that Alex has sung that....I now want to hear her version!)
and several others that my brain can't come up with right now
and I know there are lots of people who would see those songs and go "NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!"

Does that make any sense? It's kind of late over here and my brain isn't working as well as it would earlier in the day....

hayleynibhaoleafh<3'scelticwoman!
Honorary Roadie

U can have my <3, if U don't mind broken things...

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2011, 05:09PM »

I think CW could do anything they set their minds to. But there are some thing that are NOT CW but not in the way you might think. Like one song I'd die from being naucious if the did is "Santa Baby". I HATE that song! <ducks from SB lovers throwing snowballs>
Chloe singing "You're My Favorite Song" from Disney's "Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam" would be cute.
Lisa K singing "Coventry Carol" would be pretty
Lisa L in "Harry's Game"
Mairead in "The Southwind"

There is this one song I wrote for Lisa K but I realized they could all do it. I called it "Ocean Song". Just sayin' LOL Grin

Loooooove Hayley xxx
~~~~~~~Maybe it's not about the happy endings... maybe it's about the story...~~~~~~
Friend are angels ~*~ Cherish them
RoAR
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2011, 02:17PM »

SANTA BABY?!?!?!?! *barf* I HATE THAT SONG!!!! Hearing CW sing that would probably make me stop listening to them permanently! *walks off looking rather green*

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: