Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tommy Martin Videos  (Read 20406 times)
Jim M.
Choir Member

« on: August 13, 2011, 08:13PM »

As we ALL know now, Tommy is the pipemaster with Celtic Woman and a very nice gent.

http://pipertommymartin.com/  is his website.

I found these on Youtube:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yUlGllGJms

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ttQcvwkiM8
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 08:22PM by Jim M. » Logged
LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 04:54AM »

Great find! Tommy is very talented. Thanks Jim for taking time out from eating ice cream to share. Grin

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 05:15AM »

Yes, Tommy is very talented.  I've had the pleasure of meeting and talking with him and he is a very nice guy.
Ben the piper
Bodhrán Player

There can be miracles, when you believe!

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 02:58PM »

I really doubt that there is an even more difficult bagpipe to play than the ullean pipes... but the sound is just great!
Thanks Jim for finding! Smiley

Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 05:40PM »

Great find Jim!  He has really impressed us with his tremendous play on numbers such as Isle of Hope and with Anthony on Amazing Grace last tour!  He adds tremendously to the group.  I guarantee though--Lisa K will never get him to get up and dance during At the Ceili!

irishgirl

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 01:27AM »

The Fox Chase is one of my absolute favorite tunes on the pipes! Hearing Tommy play it is amazing! The tune is meant to mimic an actual Fox Chase. The sounds of the ducks, etc are replicated. Every time I listen to it I hear something new. It's the whole reason I bought his Shady Woods CD. So few pipers can actually play it well or at all.
Patti Plays Pipes

though hope is frail it's hard to kill...<3

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 10:44AM »

Who is Tommy???

Patricia~Patti! * I play pipes & harp!

Thank you Hayley! xxxxxxx
Ben the piper
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 10:47AM »

Who is Tommy???

Tommy Martin, the one that plays the ullean pipes and god knows how many different whistles. He's a band member.

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 10:49AM »

Tommy is the pipemaster with Celtic Woman.  One of the best in the world.  Check his website and read his bio.
And, maybe get his cd.  I'm going to order one, and maybe a pipe, too, for my next career.

He also plays the mandolin on some songs.
Ben the piper
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 12:15PM »

Tommy is the pipemaster with Celtic Woman.  One of the best in the world.  Check his website and read his bio.
And, maybe get his cd.  I'm going to order one, and maybe a pipe, too, for my next career.

He also plays the mandolin on some songs.

Yeah pipemaster is the right title for him I think Cheesy Never seen anything like it!
You're getting a pipe? What kind of pipe are you thinking of? Smiley

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 07:52PM »

Oh, I don't know -- haven't done any research yet, but I'm already saving up the hot air I will need.
I will probably just try whichever is easiest to play.  Just something to mess around with in my spare time.
Ben the piper
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2011, 03:16AM »

Cool! Smiley

Well you won't immediately start off with the pipes, you start with the practise chanter (like a flute). Smiley
If you ask me, ullean pipes are the hardest ones of them all. Ok, I don't know which one you prefer but would you mind telling me when you've decided? Because if it's the GHB (Great Highland Bagpipe) then maybe I could give you some advices or so. Smiley

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2011, 08:13AM »

No, I won't be trying bagpipes -- I meant a flute or similar -- maybe I could be the next Zamphere - Master of the Pan Flute! Wink
Ben the piper
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2011, 09:01AM »

Oh sorry, whenever someone talks about pipes I immediately think of bagpipes! Cheesy

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2011, 09:38AM »

No problemo, Ben.  I just ordered Tommy's cd and asked him for suggestions for an instrument I can play around with.

If you watch the video he has posted, the Southern California one (SCUPC), you can see how amazing he is on the pipes.

BTW, in Atlanta, on one song, Tommy was standing at one end of the stage playing a flute/whistle(?) and David was standing near the piano playing one as well.  I hope that makes the dvd.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 10:25AM by Jim M. » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: