Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas Show Length  (Read 3890 times)
Francesco

« on: August 18, 2011, 09:11AM »

Is there any info on how long the Christmas Tour shows will be ? The ACC DVD was the shortish at 65 minutes. Will the show be all Christmas or will there also be some of their regular songs?

Regards,

Frank
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 04:36PM »

I want to attend the show.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 11:23AM »

I don't have any insider info to go by, but since most live shows are 2 - 2.5 hours long (including intermission) it would be my best guess that this show would be the same length. I wouldn't think that CW would go through all this trouble just for a 65 minute show, but you never know.

Either way they decide to do it, it's going to be an amazing show and I can't wait to see it.
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 09:35PM »

Well if it goes like other concerts where the local symphony had a guest, it will go down something like this.

Local symphony opens show with maybe a half hour of music.

Short break, maybe 10 minutes,

Guest comes on stage with symphony for maybe 60-90 minutes.

so roughly a 2 hour show all together.

but i could be wrong, who really knows how they will do it. and i wonder if different symphonies in different cities means slighly different shows, depending on what they want to do.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 01:57PM »

Well if it goes like other concerts where the local symphony had a guest, it will go down something like this.

but i could be wrong, who really knows how they will do it. and i wonder if different symphonies in different cities means slighly different shows, depending on what they want to do.

Are those "symphony shows with guests" promoted as being a show by the local orchestra with a guest? All the posters I've seen for this show make it look like a full CW show with a live orchestra.

So many questions keep popping up and I can't wait to find out the answers!
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 03:11PM »

Are those "symphony shows with guests" promoted as being a show by the local orchestra with a guest? All the posters I've seen for this show make it look like a full CW show with a live orchestra.

So many questions keep popping up and I can't wait to find out the answers!
I was thinking about how Idina Menzel toured and performed with symphonies in different cities. I saw her concert here last year with the Pittsburgh Symphony and from reviews I read from other cities on the tour, it seemed the shows were all very similar. But this year's Cleveland show may have beens a bit different because of the 4th of July holiday timing and outdoor venue. I read previews but never read reviews of what they did. for that show.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 10:19AM »

Knowing Celtic Woman, they'll probably add in a couple new songs.  However, we'll just have to wait and see.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: