Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's begun...  (Read 24051 times)
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2011, 01:00PM »

For the opening number I just read it was : "Between Heaven and Earth" and the second song is "Follow On" and apparently they did the short "Mo Ghile Mear" as playoff. For the last Mairead's number it's in Gaelic "Mná na hÉireann"

http://maireadforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=5147.0
Thank you!  I shall now update the set list. Smiley
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2011, 01:43PM »

Well, I just check a review in the Chloë's Forum and the end is like the SFTH DVD's end : Mo Ghile Mear and At The Ceili Smiley

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2011, 03:56PM »

Well, I just check a review in the Chloë's Forum and the end is like the SFTH DVD's end : Mo Ghile Mear and At The Ceili Smiley

Strange, that's not what they said in the review I read on Mairead's forum ... seems to be some confusion here!
edited to add:  I am not able to find any review on the Chloe forum at all, unless I'm missing something!  I see posts talking about the taping, and warning there will be spoilers included ... talking about the plans for the forum gatherings, but I'm missing any reviews!  Please point me in the right direction ... I don't want to miss anything!

According to that review, the finale is "The Parting Glass."  The writer does comment that they might still include the Mo Ghile Mear reprise during the tour, but it's not mentioned by this reviewer as actually being part of the new show ... and since EVERY report by the members of the group, as well as Scott, have said that this show would not include anything previously recorded ... I'm inclined to think those would not be in this new show.

again, edited to add:   Seeing another post that says Mo Ghile mear was not actually being performed, but might have been used as the "play-off" that could explain some of the confusion.  The final song actually being performed, though, would be "The Parting Glass."
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 04:18PM by hesprit » Logged
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2011, 10:48PM »

The playoff is ATC Reprise.  MGM is not part of the new show.
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2011, 11:16PM »

Strange, that's not what they said in the review I read on Mairead's forum ... seems to be some confusion here!
edited to add:  I am not able to find any review on the Chloe forum at all, unless I'm missing something!  I see posts talking about the taping, and warning there will be spoilers included ... talking about the plans for the forum gatherings, but I'm missing any reviews!  Please point me in the right direction ... I don't want to miss anything!

According to that review, the finale is "The Parting Glass."  The writer does comment that they might still include the Mo Ghile Mear reprise during the tour, but it's not mentioned by this reviewer as actually being part of the new show ... and since EVERY report by the members of the group, as well as Scott, have said that this show would not include anything previously recorded ... I'm inclined to think those would not be in this new show.

again, edited to add:   Seeing another post that says Mo Ghile mear was not actually being performed, but might have been used as the "play-off" that could explain some of the confusion.  The final song actually being performed, though, would be "The Parting Glass."

The reviews on the Chloë's forum is on "The Members section" , and I read on Mairead's forum this : " After taking their bows they did the short Mo Ghile Mear playoff and it was over. " Embarrassed So I think the one who wrote it has did a mistake, sorry for the confusion guys Lips sealed
But I think it would have been great if they recorded the Finale from Songs from the Heart Tour with the solo of each instrument. Cheesy

Scott tweets the names of the Aontas Choir for this taping :  Cary Posavitz, Colm Keegan, Dermot Kiernan, Andrew Nangle are the male choir.
Catherine Neylan, Una Pedreschi, Ann Myler, Rosemary Collier, Eimear McCarthy and Mairead MaGuire. Female choir
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 11:23PM by Dinozzzo » Logged

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2011, 11:24PM »

There is a part in one song where they have "dueling drums".  Tommy gets a few solo moments and is great.  David plays piano, and a pipe, briefly, in one song, and Anthony is prominent in the show.
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2011, 11:27PM »

There is a part in one song where they have "dueling drums".  Tommy gets a few solo moments and is great.  David plays piano, and a pipe, briefly, in one song, and Anthony is prominent in the show.

Shocked Great ! Looking forward to watch the DVD Roll Eyes Grin

RoAR
Honorary Roadie

It's far beyond the stars...

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2011, 10:46AM »

I have just one question: Is the "I Dreamed a Dream" the one from Les Misérables? And do they really put it with Circle of Life (I'm assuming that's the one from Lion King)?

Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2011, 11:00AM »

I have just one question: Is the "I Dreamed a Dream" the one from Les Misérables? And do they really put it with Circle of Life (I'm assuming that's the one from Lion King)?

Yes it's from "Les Misérables" this song is also the song who launched Susan Boyle in Britain's Got Talent 2009. And yes they sing "Circle of Life" Cheesy

Bluefire
Total Fanatic

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2011, 12:11PM »

The segue from one to the other isn't as jarring as you might think.  The differences of each help support the other ... similar to how 'Slumber My Darling' worked with 'Mason's Apron' in SftH.

And if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free!
ina

« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2011, 01:01PM »

SPOILERS!!!  SPOILERS!!!  SPOILERS!!! Cheesy

I haven't been to the show, but from the reviews I've read, I can somewhat provide a set-list; if anyone knows the proper titles, please post!  And I apologize if I get the singers wrong for some of the songs. Tongue

1.Opening: NEW SONG--Between Heaven and Earth
2. Follow On sung by Lisa Kelly
3. New solo for the fabulous Mairead!
4. Nocturne (!!) sung by Chloe accompanied by Mairead!
5. Sailing (not sure if this is the true title)--this song features all four girls.
6. Bridge Over Troubled Waters--another group number accompanied by a children's choir!
7. Black is the Colour sung by Lisa Lambe!  I'm bound to love this one. Smiley
8. Guess what everyone?  Give Me Your Hand!!
9. Tears in Heaven sung by Chloe
10.My Heart was Home Again!
11. I Dreamed a Dream/ Circle of Life--I think someone earlier mentioned it was a Lisa K./Chloe duet with Lisa L. entering later.
12. Teidhir Abhaile Riu sung by all the girls.  Apparently, this is the new Ceili dance! Oh, and there's an Irish dancer. Wink

Intermission

13. A Woman's Heart sung by Chloe and the two Lisas
14. The Water is Wide sung by Lisa K. accompanied by Mairead
15. Green Grow the Rushes O sung by Lisa K. and Chloe
16. You'll Never Walk Alone sung by all four girls and the children's choir!
17. Smile sung by all four girls accompanied by Maired.  This is an a capella number.
18. Walking the Night!!
19. A Spaceman came Traveling sung by Lisa Lambe!
20. Ave Maria sung by Chloe and the Children's choir.  From what I read, it is a different version.
21. Women of Ireland or Mná na hÉireann performed by Mairead!  Also features the Irish dancer.  Cheesy
22. Finishes with the Parting Glass!
(23.) Mo Ghile Mear playoff.

EDIT: Set list has been updated. Smiley

Wow, that is a great songlist. I can´t wait for the CD and DVD.

Nocturne - Is that the Secret Garden song? And when it is that version, is it with full lyrics or the half sung half instrumantal version?
Hannahlmatt
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2011, 01:07PM »

SPOILERS!!!  SPOILERS!!!  SPOILERS!!! Cheesy

I haven't been to the show, but from the reviews I've read, I can somewhat provide a set-list; if anyone knows the proper titles, please post!  And I apologize if I get the singers wrong for some of the songs. Tongue

1.Opening: NEW SONG--Between Heaven and Earth
2. Follow On sung by Lisa Kelly
3. New solo for the fabulous Mairead!
4. Nocturne (!!) sung by Chloe accompanied by Mairead!
5. Sailing (not sure if this is the true title)--this song features all four girls.
6. Bridge Over Troubled Waters--another group number accompanied by a children's choir!
7. Black is the Colour sung by Lisa Lambe!  I'm bound to love this one. Smiley
8. Guess what everyone?  Give Me Your Hand!!
9. Tears in Heaven sung by Chloe
10.My Heart was Home Again!
11. I Dreamed a Dream/ Circle of Life--I think someone earlier mentioned it was a Lisa K./Chloe duet with Lisa L. entering later.
12. Teidhir Abhaile Riu sung by all the girls.  Apparently, this is the new Ceili dance! Oh, and there's an Irish dancer. Wink

Intermission

13. A Woman's Heart sung by Chloe and the two Lisas
14. The Water is Wide sung by Lisa K. accompanied by Mairead
15. Green Grow the Rushes O sung by Lisa K. and Chloe
16. You'll Never Walk Alone sung by all four girls and the children's choir!
17. Smile sung by all four girls accompanied by Maired.  This is an a capella number.
18. Walking the Night!!
19. A Spaceman came Traveling sung by Lisa Lambe!
20. Ave Maria sung by Chloe and the Children's choir.  From what I read, it is a different version.
21. Women of Ireland or Mná na hÉireann performed by Mairead!  Also features the Irish dancer.  Cheesy
22. Finishes with the Parting Glass!
(23.) Mo Ghile Mear playoff.

EDIT: Set list has been updated. Smiley

Wow, that is a great songlist. I can´t wait for the CD and DVD.

Nocturne - Is that the Secret Garden song? And when it is that version, is it with full lyrics or the half sung half instrumantal version?
It's the Secret Garden one. I'm pretty sure it was w/ full lyrics. I don't know the original versions, so someone that does could probably help out more than that. Smiley

Hannahlmatt
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2011, 01:10PM »

The segue from one to the other isn't as jarring as you might think.  The differences of each help support the other ... similar to how 'Slumber My Darling' worked with 'Mason's Apron' in SftH.

Lisa K announced it as their tribute to Broadway, so I knew it'd be a medley of songs. That's what made the transition smoother. The dance steps for Circle of Life are cool... sort of a step-n-snap thing.... Cheesy

Lugiahua

"Goodnight and joy be to you all" - Parting Glass

« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2011, 05:41PM »

Is Give Me Your Hand the song that was missed from SFTH DVD?
CelticWomanAddict
Total Fanatic

You'll Never Walk Alone

« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2011, 05:55PM »

Looks like all new songs,That's awesome  Cheesy

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: