Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Water Is Wide - Who sings?  (Read 5723 times)
Excalibur

« on: September 08, 2011, 06:18AM »

In the preview of this song which has been posted in another thread, we can hear all the girls singing the song.

The reviews of the Atlanta recording say that it has been sung by Lisa K with Mairead on the fiddle.

Could it be that the group version will be on the album and the Lisa-Mairead version will be only on dvd? Does anybody know?

Palmie00

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 07:05AM »

In which thread was that posted?

Gerard

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 07:19AM »

The version discussed in the other thread is a version done especially for the french market, with the participation of the Bagad of Lann-Bihoué. So it won't appear on the Believe CD. The version found on An Irish Journey will be sung by all the girls, while the version on Believe will be sung by Lisa Kelly with Mairead. At least, that's what I think.
prb0i17

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 09:12AM »

HERE!!

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Celtic-Woman/news-74883.html
frenchlaly
Total Fanatic

Celtic Woman biggest french fan!

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 09:50AM »

grrrr when i read the feelings of french people it makes me so angry! shame to be french... will i be alone to acclaim our dear ladies in Paris? so sad! hope they'll have a good audience!!!

all that i want is to share my love for Celtic Woman with you Smiley
Excalibur

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 10:32AM »

The version discussed in the other thread is a version done especially for the french market, with the participation of the Bagad of Lann-Bihoué. So it won't appear on the Believe CD. The version found on An Irish Journey will be sung by all the girls, while the version on Believe will be sung by Lisa Kelly with Mairead. At least, that's what I think.

Yeah I had been thinking something like that. I suppose we'll have to wait for other reviews to be sure =)

Scott

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 06:29AM »

I was there for the taping.  Gerald is correct, it was performed by Lisa Kelly and Mairead.  And I tell you now, it was AWESOME!!!!! Smiley

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 10:00AM »

Yes, it was, Scott.  The WHOLE SHOW was AWESOME!
Patti Plays Pipes

though hope is frail it's hard to kill...<3

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 10:54AM »

I LOVE TWIW!!!

Patricia~Patti! * I play pipes & harp!

Thank you Hayley! xxxxxxx
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 04:22AM »

Lisa's version is a bit more upbeat than the traditional but Lisa pulls it off. It hit me like The Voice did. Right in the heart. Lisa is STILL THE VOICE!!

Scott

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2011, 04:41PM »

Lisa's version is a bit more upbeat than the traditional but Lisa pulls it off. It hit me like The Voice did. Right in the heart. Lisa is STILL THE VOICE!!

I totally agree with Mel.  Lisa's version of "The Water Is Wide" hit me much like "The Voice" did when I first heard it.  I don't say this lightly, but "The Water Is Wide" is one of the best songs that CW has ever done. 

prb0i17

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 10:44AM »

someone uploaded the whole song!!!!! yesss!!!

The Water Is Wide- Chloe Mairead, LisaK and LisaL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPd1wrCsIIw&feature=feedu
Palmie00

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 05:25PM »

someone uploaded the whole song!!!!! yesss!!!

The Water Is Wide- Chloe Mairead, LisaK and LisaL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPd1wrCsIIw&feature=feedu

I just posted this as its own topic bc I felt like no one had been seeing it here!! So I referenced you in my post Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: