Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: To Believe or Not Believe – I Say BELIEVE (Long Review)!  (Read 6247 times)
Sarah
Honorary Roadie

Irish at heart<3

« on: September 14, 2011, 02:24PM »

This review is being broken down into three parts.  Planning and execution of a great surprise, The show, and miscellaneous adventures!

Originally, I was planning to go down to Atlanta, with a friend, Sarah.  We were thoroughly planning every single detail.  I even made a small chart for my parents and made it into a presentation to show them I knew what I was talking about.  Unfortunately, things did not look good and so Sarah and I said it was a no-go.  I texted Katharine that night, saying I was unable to go.  I was very sad.

About a week and a half later, during “Girls Weekend” at my camper, I received a facebook post from Dayna, saying she needs to talk to me as soon as possible.  We talk things over, and I ask my mum if it would be possible for me to go down there and she replied, “Yes, but let me bring it upon your dad first” (My dad is a financial accountant… He is always weary about spending money).

And thus started the planning.  Since Katharine and Kristine thought I was not going to make it to the taping, I needed a back up story, and figure out a way to surprise them.  My back up story, was that I would be “up north” – a Minnesota phrase, at my camper/cabin for Labor Day weekend.  And since traffic and police enforcement are heavy I’d stay up there until Wednesday afternoon.  I was (and still am) looking for jobs.  So, if I had been approved for a job position, I would probably be working, and be distracted from thinking about the DVD taping.

I had many agents on my team to give me any information they could get.  Mikey, Dayna, Elizabeth, Hayley and Miranda. With that, I had many scenarios going in my head of how I could surprise them.  The scenarios are as followed:            
           •   I would take a piccie with my digital camera of Dayna and I in front of the fox.  Then when Kris and Kath got closer, I would send Katharine a picture message of my camera with that had the photo previously stated.
           •   Mikey suggested this one, which I thought was funny, but probably would not follow through with:
           o   *Dayna being hostage in her own hotel room* Dayna could say she's managed to secretly leave the door slightly ajar, without her captor knowing....
           o   “Or, it could be the 5 of them, K&K, H&M, and Elizabeth, when they receive Dayna's text. And either H&M or Elizabeth could say they just happen to have an extra key to Dayna's room. So when they all get there, H&M, and Elizabeth will enter the room first, one at a time. The first one will open the door and (you'll need balloons for this) as soon as she enters, POP goes the first balloon, and she goes down. Then another enters and POP goes the 2nd balloon and she goes down, and then the last one enters and POP goes the 3rd balloon and she goes down. And then that leaves K&K with an open door. And when they enter to avenge the death of their friends, they'll see you, popping balloons.”
          •   With permission from Hayley and Miranda, sit on a chair in their hotel room and wait until Kris and Kath come to their room.  When they walk in, be like, “What? This is not my room?!”  Or walk out of the restroom and say something to the effect of, “You guys are out of toilet paper.”
An unfortunate incident arose while waiting for the taping days to arrive.  On my gramps 88th birthday, we were having a nice celebration over at his friends’ house.  He was not feeling or looking good at all. Mum and dad suggested to bring him into the ER to see why he is feeling the way he is.  Unfortunately, his prostrate cancer came back after 22 ½ years, and traveled to his liver.  They also found a tumor on his T6 vertebrate.  So my family and I were set back on that.  

Two days before leaving to the airport, I visited my gramps, and I told him that I was going on a little trip.  He asked me where and for what, and I told him.  He replied with mumbles (no dentures in), “Oh, I remember them.  I watch them from time to time on PBS!  I enjoy listening to their music.”  It brought tears to my eyes that he actually enjoyed listening to my favorite group!

During this time, I haven’t seen much of my mum since she has been over taking care of her dad at an in home hospice care, at his friends’ house.  Usually I am packed a week before because I know I can become a wreck if I have to pack a day before.  Let me tell you, I had such a bad panic attack the Sunday before I left.  I was barely packed and I wanted to talk to my mum.  I was Very happy that she came home Monday to help me out as much as she could, and have a bit of a talk.  A was also very happy that she was the one to bring me to the airport.  I missed her.  I was actually on my way to Atlanta.

I was so lost when I was trying to find where Joe wanted to meet Dayna and I.  The PDF map does not look anything like what the real Atrium looks like.  Which way do I go!?  I am the master of getting lost…  A bumper sticker on my car even proves it, “If you are following me, you’re lost too.”
It did not hit me until I met up with Joe at Starbucks.  I was in Atlanta, and I was seeing Celtic Woman that night, AND I was going to a DVD taping!  Joe took my luggage bag to his car as I went to find Dayna.

Luckily I did not have to wait long for Dayna.  Her flight got it only about a half an hour after mine, and we were raring to go!  Joe brought us to the License plate luggage bag that Máiréad had stopped by, then we were off to the hotel.
When the time came, Hayley and Mirada just arrived at the airport, so we did not go through with any of the plans I had previously thought of.  Joe, Dayna and I were sitting on the couch in the lobby and I had my back facing the door.  “I will pretend I am someone else, they should not recognize the back of my head?...”  I moved over to the opposite side of the other couch. Then switched back.  Joe had an idea and walked up to the check in/check out counter.  He asked if I could sit and wait because I was going to surprise some people.  The woman said sure.  Wow, this will be fun. Hahaha…  I waited for nearly 10 minutes before Hayley and Miranda showed up.  I look up slightly and I see one of their faces smile down on me. I laughed and hid again.  While waiting, the lady behind the counter I was at was talking to the man behind the counter to my right.  “I hope they get here soon, I want to go on my break!” “…Hey, we should put her in a suit and have her check them in, so I can get off early!” I could not help but crack up to their conversation.  The Young twins went to their room so they would not “ruin the surprise.”  Elizabeth rode along with Kris and Kath.  They finally arrived nearly ten min later at the hotel, and Elizabeth checked in.  I had realized that Kris and Kath did not need to check in at all, so I was trying to get Dayna’s attention to bring the twins to the counter.  Dayna did not understand so she finally gestured with her fingers to get up.  So, I slowly rise from the counter like it was no big deal, and Kris had a glimpse of me and her mouth fell a jar.  Hilarious!  Katharine was talking to Elizabeth; back facing me, and Dayna was trying to get her attention. “Katharine, Katharine!”  Dayna finally kicked Katharine in the leg, and Katharine responded, “WHAT!?” Dayna points towards me *bear in mind, Kristine’s mouth is still a jar…*  “Oh my god,” Katharine blurts out, and her mouth opens wide.  I slowly walk around the back end of the check in/check out counter and give them both a hug and say, “Surprise!”  I think that surprise definitely turned out well.  Smiley  Thank you, Joe for asking the clerk!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 02:55PM by Sarah » Logged

<3Sarah<3
<I FINALLY got to meet THE Lisa Kelly and Mairead Nesbitt at my very first M&G!>

AY made these lovely banners for me Smiley TY AY!
Sarah
Honorary Roadie

Irish at heart<3

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 02:27PM »

Joe gave Dayna and I our tickets for the nights show.  Kris, Kath, Elizabeth, was given theirs when we met up before the show.  Time is counting down.  We get through the doors, and head to the merch booth.  I was not impressed by the new shirts – kind of seems like they put it all together the night before.  But, I got each of the new ones, just to have memorabilia.  Hayley and Miranda went off to go find their seats, and so did the rest of us.  Once we entered the main part of the theatre, my breath was taken away.  The stage was gorgeous, although lots going on.  As Elizabeth stated, it reminds me of The Little Mermaid.  Being partially blind is full of disadvantages.  I cannot concentrate on many things, more to one thing and study it.  What I did take in was the craftsmanship of the decorations on the stage, the beautiful lighting scenario, and seeing how close to the stage, it was almost overwhelming!  I could just reach over to my right, and I could touch the center of the stage. I loved my seat.

The second show, Joe, Dayna, Elizabeth and I were in the lower part of the balcony… Not my favorite view, but it was different.  Got to see more of what is going on, on stage.

It was great to see Scott Porter and David Downes in person, right in front of me.  My excitement rose.  Chuck (I believe that was the directors name?) came out onto the stage and explained all of the legal stuff.  And then, made a funny, “If you do not want to be recorded or be photographed, please leave the theatre.” Haha, Good one, I am fine with my seat thank you very much! Smiley

As the clapping begun with a seven… six… five… the lights grow dim (We heard this many a time each night, oh the joys of directing Wink ). *Side note the Orchestra was a local orchestra from Atlanta.  How neat that they chose to do that!*

The first song was called “Awakening”.  It is an original piece composed by David.  Genius guy, I tell you!  That was such a great selection for an opening piece.  It fits so well for them, showing their voices off from the start, and of course Máiréad’s fiddling skills!  Their dresses were so beautiful.  Lisa Kelly’s was a Red-Violet color.  Stunningly beautiful! Chloë had her famous Carnation Pink.  Lisa Lambe’s dress was a Regalia Violet color.  Máiréad’s dress happened to be a lot like her A New Journey dress.   Upon their dresses, they also had an embossed design in the shape of a heart on the chest of their dresses. They were all beautiful!

Lisa Kelly then appeared on stage and the crowd goes wild.  She sang the song, “Follow On.”  This song I had heard of, but it has been a while.  David always picks out the best solos for the girls.  This one, definitely made me love Lisa’s voice even more.  So lovely!

Máiréad came out on stage and the crowd cheered.  Unfortunately, as of now, no one knows the name of the song Máiréad had performed, but it had a pleasantly upbeat melody to it.  Practically the whole house was giving a standing ovation.  Got us pumped!

Chloë appeared on stage and the crowd up-roared in applause.  She thanked us all for coming to Atlanta for the taping(s) and then asked if we were ready to have a good time.  You know we all were, the crowd grows with applause again.  She then begun to sing a beautiful song called “Nocturne.”  I love any musical piece of that name… seriously.  My first love was actually from my first cell phone, which had a ringtone called, Nocturne.  I played that everyday.  To hear different musical composition of a Nocturne brings a smile to my face.  So beautiful and dream-like!

The next song you hear Mr. Anthony Byrne playing his lovely bagpipes.  He was located in the center front rows of the balcony.  I knew the melody.  The ladies came down the center staircase.  They looked beautiful…  I did not hit me right away, so I kept listening to the lyrics the ladies sung.  I finally realized it was a song I did know, “Sailing.”  Good ‘ol Rod Stewart was the one who I remember making this song a hit in my book.  Anthony and all the other bagpipers (at least ten of them) came on stage playing the pipes as the girls swayed back and forth.  I got chills watching it all unfold in front of m eyes.  The girls did a beautiful job singing this song, and so did Anthony and the other pipers.  Beautiful.  Simply, beautiful.

The next song, a group of children - The Gwinnett Young Singers of Georgia, came on the stage.  This was one of the surprises that had in store.  They all sat on the staircase and the others around the top of the staircase.  Lisa Kelly and Chloë came on stage and sat amongst the kids.  Lisa Lambe cam out and introduced us to the little choir, and then took her own seat amongst the kids on the stairs. They sang such a beautiful rendition, “Bridge Over Troubled Water,” another classic song that I love.  I heard this one originally by Simon and Garfunkel.  The girls and the kids were so great.  Kris, Kath, Dayna, Elizabeth and I noticed that there were twins in the bunch of kids.  Could not take my eyes off them and the ladies.  I am not going to lie, I did start tearing up during this song.  Lip-syncing to the lyrics, and I am sure Dayna was quite annoyed at me because I have been to all of the ones I knew.  I can’t help it.  I love my music!

Lisa Lambe came out for her first solo.  She sang, “Black is the Color.”  When I first heard this song sung by Ryan Kelly of Celtic Thunder, I was so entranced.  I was kind of bothered by her singing the song at first only because she is a woman, singing about a woman true love… but yet, I got over it because it IS only a song and she definitely can sell it. Listening to Lisa sing and watching her, I was so impressed.  She played the role well.  Having been an actress definitely sells the song.  She was so seductive and flirtatious.
I believe Scott and the others heard our plea of wanting the SftH (Songs from the Heart) songs, “Give Me Your Hand,” “My Heart Was Home Again,” and “Walking the Night” (I guess you could think this as a surprise, haha). Anyways,   “Give me Your Hand” was much like it was on tour.  I remember looking over at everyone in my row, and all our faces were lit up as we were squealing with excitement.  Now, to hopefully be on the CD Smiley
Chloë sang the next song, “Tears of Heaven.”  She was accompanied on stage with a solo cellist.   I love this song but never knew whom it was originally sung by before.  This song is so incredible.  I started bawling during this one, just thinking about my gramps.  It was tough, but I kept the smile on my face.

The next song was My Heart Was Home Again.  Just like it was on tour, Lisa Kelly started solo, and then Lisa Lambe came out for a duet.  Still so lovely, and so glad to finally capture it for a DVD and possible CD. Smiley

Lisa Kelly came on stage at the top of the staircase and mentioned about how much Broadway had means to them, so they wanted to sing a few of their favorite songs.  I was so excited at this point.  I love Broadway and musicals for that matter!  I was so curious to which ones they chose for this segment.  How would they sing it?  Will it be one right after another or as a Medley?  They chose to do a medley of two songs.  “I Dreamed A Dream,” from Les Misérables - sung by Lisa Kelly and accompanied by Chloë.  Lisa Lambe comes and joins them at the base of the stairs as they finish their song up, and she starts to sing “Circle of Life,” from The Lion King.  Oh the chills! I was so excited!  Lisa Kelly and Chloë joined in and so did the whole choir.  It was INCREDIBLE! I felt as if I were at a Broadway show!

The crew was bringing out black boards onto the stage.  Got me a tad bit curious of what will be taking place on them.  The girls came out in cute Céili dresses.  They were a Minty Green color.  Very lovely!  They sang an upbeat song called “Teidhir Abhaile Riú”, which means, “Go Home My Love.” I unfortunately could not understand them the night of the tapings, but I know I heard it from somewhere.  I was searching some old Clannad CDs and I found a version like it.  This song they made into a faster tempo than what Clannad had done, and I do like it a lot.  There was another special guest, Irish Dancer and Riverdance lead, Michael Gallagher!  I knew he looked familiar!  The girls were barefoot, and were a dancing the whole time.  Michael was dancing away, and a moment, Lisa Kelly, Lisa Lambe and Chloë were flyin’!  They were lifted off their feet and spun in a huge circle by three of the male choir leads.  Too cool!

As Intermission came, we had twenty minutes to either talk amongst ourselves or go out into the lobby to by merch or drinks if we haven’t already.  The girls and I were talking, and could not believe what we just witnessed.  Kris and Kath went off to talk to Hayley and Miranda, and Mikey came over for a tiny chat with me.  That was fun.  Before the show was going to start up again, I was contemplating on putting on my spare glasses because when I keep looking up at the ladies, my glasses fall slightly!  I also noticed that my neck would probably hurt by the end of the second half, haha!  I decided not to exchange glasses.  Everyone returned to his or her seats.

Their dresses were of course, beautiful.  Expecting the corset-type dresses, they each wore a golden corset-type dress, and Máiréad wore a very soft pale blue dress.

Chloë and Lisa Kelly came out on stage.  They were joking around on the stage and having a great time.  I wish it could be included into bonus material…  Anyways, they wanted us to learn the main chorus for an upcoming song that they were going to sing.  “Green Grown the Rushes.”  They decided to make a game of it! Chloë started with her half; we were loud, but not loud enough… Lisa’s side won on a fair note.  The second night, they did the same thing but the crowd was so good they did not make a game of it Sad.   I would have been on Lisa’s side that time too! Oh well. Smiley  I love both those girls!

The first song in the second act was, “A Woman’s Heart.”  I have heard this song sung by many different artists.  I was very excited to hear Celtic Woman’s version.  I’d say that it was a great choice for them to sing.  Beautiful song.

Lisa Kelly came on stage and started to sing, “The Water is Wide.”  I always liked this song.  Not exactly my favorite, but if Lisa sings it, I will learn to love it! Smiley

Here is the song that we had to prepare for (the audience).  We were going to help sing the chorus to “Green Grow the Rushes.”  First time they ever done that type scenario at a taping, but I rather liked it. Smiley (Then and only then..)…  So, as mentioned before, Chloë and Lisa Kelly sang this song.  I cannot wait to hear what the final version sounds like on the DVD!

The song, “You’ll Never Walk Alone,” was next.  Great song.  It started out with just Lisa Kelly, Lisa Lambe and Chloë.  Then they were accompanied by The Gwinnett Young Singers and the Aontas choir.  It was a really sweet moment.  Each child had a grown up to walk to the front of the stage with, and hold their hand.   I get chills every time, just thinking about it…  At the very end, you could see that Chloë had started crying, followed by Lisa Lambe.  I never saw if Lisa Kelly shed a tear or not, but it was quite emotional.  I did wipe my eyes a few times.

An a capella was arranged for the four of them.  A song called, “Smile.”  This song made me bawl.  I was et again reminded of my gramps.  He is always one to have a smile on his face in almost any situation.  I love that man.  It was so beautiful, and I am so glad they had chosen it.  It was to replace the a capella song, Danny Boy.  Lovely choice.

Chloë and Lisa Lambe came on stage to perform the song, “Walking the Night.”  I love this song..  I so wish they put all three songs together.   Or have them arranged how they were on this last year’s tour, put together with “Give Me Your Hand.”  It just sounds so funny with hem spread apart like they are.   A slower paced song cut off from a fun faster paced song.  But anyways, Of course this is a lovely song.  Beautiful harmonizing voices; just lovely.

It was time for Lisa Lambe’s solo.  I was curious to what she was going to sing.  But, it hit me.  She had a line of choir members standing on the steps and I got chills.  The first hit of the drum, my skin crawled in excitement.  It was, “A Spaceman Came Traveling, ”found on the German version of SftH!  I love, love, LOVE this song!  It makes me so, happy! Cheesy  It is so upbeat and I have always imaged to what Lisa looked like if she sang this song at a concert.  It was like déjà vu!  She was spinning, twisting her hands mysteriously; it was just too much like my vision!  I must be psychic… or psycho? … Cheesy

Chloë came out once again with The Gwinnett Young Singers, and the Aontas choir.  It was beautiful!  Although, I don’t recall whom, one of the male Aontas choir members was having trouble getting to a lower octave.  So he fluctuated his voice for a while.  The other choir members were trying not to laugh about it, and I think I saw one of the children crack a smile.  On the other side of the stage, I believe Dermot was laughing about the incident!  Luckily, Chloë was not fazed by this mishap at all, and kept on target.
The crew brought out the dance boards once more.  More of Michael Gallagher!  Máiréad popped out on stage and introduced the next song that she was going to play. “Mná na hÉireann” which she said meant, “Women of Ireland.”  It was a gorgeous song.  
After that song was “over” or if that song does change tempo to a faster paced tempo, Mr. Gallagher appeared on the stage on the left hand side, and Máiréad on the right. Since it was a fast paced tune, it had the crowd clapping along.  They had a fun teaser type duel between him dancing and Máiréad fiddlin’.  They were both amazing!   My neck hurt from trying to see Mr. Gallagher beyond Dayna’s head, so I put my attention onto Máiréad.

The finale to the show is a song also sung by The High Kings, The Parting Glass.  Those lads sing it amazingly, and the “lasses” even more so!  They brought back all of the bagpipers, and Anthony!  (Yes, Anthony is counted separate because he is that cool! Wink  They shot of canons of silver confetti, and the crowds were going wild both nights.  It was truly a sight to see!  Of course they do the little famous Mo Ghile Mear finale ending as the ladies run off stage.

After the show was over the first night, I collected my share of confetti.  I shoved a bunch into my purse from the floor, chairs, and from the stage.  I was helping them clean up! Wink We also had a chance to meet up with other forum members.  I am so glad that I had this opportunity to make it down for the shows
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 02:54PM by Sarah » Logged

<3Sarah<3
<I FINALLY got to meet THE Lisa Kelly and Mairead Nesbitt at my very first M&G!>

Sarah
Honorary Roadie

Irish at heart<3

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 02:28PM »

Now, for side adventures from both nights.  Tuesday night, we hung around the lobby of the Georgian Terrace where we decided to head over to the pub, Publik.  As we waited for a seat, Colm Keegan was sitting at a table near where our group was standing. Not many of us noticed that it was Colm, but I looked at him and I was 95% sure it was him – Just confirmed with Kristine that it was in fact, Colm Keegan!… I admit, he is really cute, could not stop having me a look.  He smiled back.  A few minutes later he asked of al four girls were twins.  Made me laugh.  Most people, who don’t know the twins, think that they are truly quadruplets!

We had ourselves a corner.  It was right on the end of Ponce De Leon Avenue NE and Peachtree Street NE, right next to Publik.  Many things happened on that corner that I shall never forget.  A “Pimp” was standing behind us, and started “talking” to us.  It went something like this, “I am not a pimp Queen, I am a pimp King. There is a difference.”  Only in Atlanta… Smiley  Another incident was when we were inside at a table near the door.  I had noticed a poor woman who was either inebriated or stoned.  Very unfortunate.  But I had watched her cross over Ponce De Leon, and she almost fell.  Ten minutes later, I had seen her walk back.  She then proceeded to try to get her shoes on.  That was not working.  Poor woman was so wobbly.  That took ten minutes of her time.  I glance over again, and she is trying to put on hosiery type stockings.  That took a few, and then back to trying on her shoes once more.  It was a sight to see.  I know I should not have laughed but couldn’t help myself.  Poor woman.

Wednesday, after a rendezvous to Starbucks, we stopped at the Fox to take some photos.    We stood on our corner for a while and then we moseyed on across the street to take pictures of the front of the fox.  After everyone got their pictures taken in front of the theatre, it was my turn.  I stood and posed for the camera.  A semi-truck passed behind me, so we had to wait a few.  As we were waiting, Kris took a photo of someone who was standing on the street corner.  It was Michael Gallagher!!!  How neat!  

That afternoon, we met at Fido’s Irish pub for a get together dinner.  I got to meet some nice people there.  Rosie, I had met prior, but got to talk a little more with her, Maggie, Kathleen, Jill – I believe? And some others.  Towards the end of this gathering, I wasn’t feeling well, so when we got back to the hotel, I had to sit on the lobby chair to breathe a little.  I headed up to the hotel room and laid down on the bed.  Oy!, I was in tough shape. Feeling dizzy and nauseated, I did NOT want to miss the second show!  Luckily, I was feeling a bit better an hour before the show.  I just had to take everything slow.

After the second night’s concert, we stood in the Foyer and took photos together.  I also grabbed some single portraits for my phone book.  We headed outside of the Fox and started talking.  Joe joined us at this time, and we were all talking amongst ourselves.  Joe mentioned to me that we should all go around the corner to see if we can see or meet any of the crew. I said sure!  I turned around to get the groups attention, waved my hand and blurted out that we were going to go around the corner, but I guess no one heard me.  I feel rather bad about that!  Joe and I got to the gated off area, and I looked back towards the corner.  I said, “They aren’t following us?”  When we arrived, David Downes was the first to come out.   He was very nice.  He said if we had a camera, we could have photos taken.  Of course I have a camera!  The first “photo” was never taken.  No flash, no nothing.  David came around again, and we took a real photo.  His eyes were closed, but oh well, still a nice, nice man!  Rosemary Collier was the second to come out. She was a hoot.  I heard a man say,  “Rosemary, can I take your photo for a button” or something of the sort.  She replied, “No, you can find many online.”  Good for you, Rosemary, good for you!  Catherine Neylan was next, someone shouted for her to come over to our side, "Catherine, come over here!!!"  She strolls over to the gated area and said, "I just had to come over here because they told me I had to." Una Pedreschi was next. She came a barreling in and Joe was having fun taking photos.  I happened to get a photo with Catherine before she had left.  My wristlet got stuck in the gate and I was having slight problems trying to get my arm over that darn gate.  She said to me, “Need a hand?” Hahah! Oh I love my clumsiness… At this time, I was trying to text the girls to come over.  My hands were shaking.  All of a sudden, Lisa Kelly came strutting out and everyone was screaming. I look up and I see her.  I could not text Katharine back for the life of me.  Why did I not think of calling her to come down, it was beyond me? I still feel bad that they did not get to have that experience.  Lisa came over towards me and gave me a huge hug.  She said,  “Oh, you made it,” with a smile on her face!  I told her, I did make it, and that I surprised the twins.  I said that I don’t know why they are not down here with me at the moment, but she said, “Tell the girls I say, ‘Hi.’”  I did rightly so after it was all over.  I had nothing for them to sign, or so I thought.  I remembered when I saw The High Kings, I had them sign my business card!  I grabbed a few out of my wallet, and gave one for Lisa to sign, and one for her to keep.  I thanked her, and she went on to signing other people’s merch.  Joe was still snapping away with my camera. Chloë appeared next.  I got a huge hug from her.  It was so nice to finally meet her in person!!  She asked me if I enjoyed the show, and of course I said yes! I had her sign my BC, and gave her one to keep since I know she likes doggies. Smiley  Máiréad came around to me next.  She seemed quite excited to see me again!  I had her sign my BC and she was off.  Finally, Lisa Lambe came around to me.  I got to talk to her for a few minutes, as she signed my BC, and they were off to the other gate, since Rachel had them on a tight schedule!

Joe and I were so giddy! I took my phone out, still shaking horribly and saw Katharine texted me back asking who was out there.  I could not type for the life of me, I finally typed, “Everyone!” We were about 100 feet away from the group.  I told them that Lisa Kelly said Hi, and that I really wished someone had heard and seen Joe and I leave.  I felt rather bad about it all, so I shut my yawper.  We headed over to the hotel and talked for a bit.  The group was all talking and Joe wasn’t talking to anyone, so I decided to strike up a conversation with him.  Poor guy didn’t thinking about bringing his buttons for Lisa Lambe, or to have them sign something like his ticket.  He was mighty bummed.  We talked about this whole experience of the last two days, and that our not so great seats from that second night were definitely made up by that tiny m&g. I then talked to Rosie for a few minutes, and then we went off to the Publik for food and drinks.  We were seated in the balcony of the pub.  We found out that The Máiréad Fan Forum was there for a party.  We were all having a great time and got to greet and meet up with some other forum members.  I got to chat with Cindy, Kelly Mann, Rachel Kipper, Scott Manke, and more.  We did not leave until nearly 1:45am!  As we headed back to the hotel, waiting for the elevator to go to our rooms, I took one last shot of the group (minus me) of the final –sad moment- of when we all were together.  Hayley and Miranda had to leave EARLY to catch a plane.  So, it was kind of tough.

In the morning, after a two hour nap for me… We all met up in the lobby (minus the Young twins) and said one last goodbye.  It was so hard.  I hate goodbyes!

Before I even purchased my plane tickets, Joe had mentioned to me in a PM, “Ya reckon there's any chance you could go thru Security with Celtic Woman???!!!” Little did we know that we walk into the Atrium, near the Starbucks, and Joe spots none other than Máiréad Nesbitt getting herself a bit to eat!  We walked up to the counter and asked if we could possibly get a photograph with her.  She agreed.  She asked us what our favorite part of the show was.  Don’t ask me that! I’ll say, EVERYTHING!  Dayna’s picture did not turn out well, so she asked Máiréad of she could do another.  At t his time, my dad called me and I was having a hard time trying to keep focused on what he was saying.  While my phone conversation was going on, Dayna was offered a croissant from Máiréad, and she gladly took it.  Joe asked if she could possibly sign the bag for Dayna.  She did.  After I got off the phone, Máiréad was talking to me.  I had told her that I was quite nervous because I really don’t know my way around that airport!  I wanted to know if she had been through before, and she said she only has flown to, never back home from.  She wished me luck and safe travels to find my gate and to get home.  It was very thoughtful and nice of her, to say that.  We said the same to her as we said our goodbyes, and she went into the security check line   What a great way to end a fantastic Two an a quarter days in Atlanta!  I am pretty sure some of my friends are still jealous of Joe, Dayna, and I.

The friends I have met through Celtic Woman, are definitely keepers...  I can honestly say they are all my best friends.  We understand each other’s “obsession” to this music and no one judges each other because of it.  I am so fortunate to have made it down to Atlanta to witness it all.  Great experience I will NEVER forget, friends I met, from past and present concerts, I have to say, this was the most epic concert experience, and the most fun, I have ever seen and witnessed! I love Celtic Woman, I love my girls, Kris, Kath, Dayna, Elizabeth, Hayley and Miranda.  I gotta say, I love that Joe.  Such a sweet guy, so glad I can call him my friend. Thank you to Lisa Kelly, Chloë Agnew, Lisa Lambe, Máiréad Nesbitt, David Downes, Scott Porter, the cast and crew of CW, Thank you The Gwinnett Young Singers, the pipers, Anthony, the orchestra, the Aontas Choir, Ray, Andy, Tommy, other band members, the harpist, the cellist, the directors, the camera crew, my dear friends, and of course, thank you, Joe!  Love you all and thank you for making this the most magical three days of my life!  BELIEVE!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 04:12PM by Sarah » Logged

<3Sarah<3

Katharine
Bodhrán Player

Believe :-)

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 03:13PM »

Can we please go back?!?!?! Such wonderful memories!

Thank you, Dayna, for my awesome banners!!
Ganconagh

Resistance is futile

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 03:43PM »

Cheesy Cheesy  This is the only show I've ever heard of that exceeded the hype!  Cheesy Cheesy
  Smiley Smiley  Great review, Sarah!  Smiley Smiley
(I hope Mairead has forgiven us for interrupting her at the airport!  Shocked)

"Face piles of trials with smiles.  It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free."
Sarah
Honorary Roadie

Irish at heart<3

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 04:18PM »

Katharine - I would  say yes in a heartbeat!  Too many, so many! Loved every minute!

Joe - Ditto!!  And thank you!
I hope so too! we were kinda pushing it... Smiley Sad

I forgot to add the photographs from the airport!  They are now up for people to see.

<3Sarah<3

CelticWomanAddict
Total Fanatic

You'll Never Walk Alone

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 06:23PM »

Than I saw their face I'm a believer I couldnt leave them if I tried  Grin

Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 07:21PM »

Fantastic review Sarah!  What wonderful adventures you and the folks with you had!  Memories of a life-time! 

We'll all have a flurry of remembrances when the DVD comes out too!  Let's hope there are shots of all of us on it!  Grin Grin Grin

MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 08:55PM »

Great review, Sarah! So glad we finally got to meet!
lifeismusic2009
Total Fanatic

<3

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 10:00PM »

Great review Sarah!! Can I add how happy I was to meet so many great forum members for the first time, see old friends, and spend time with so many amazing people. And I must agree with you - I love my girls! That's how I refer to our little group to my family and friends. They know who I mean when I say "my girls"  Smiley I'm so lucky that I got to see such an incredible show performed by true lights in this world. But the very best part would be the people I spent my time with while I was there. Y'all are the best and you make me want to be better  Grin
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 09:46AM by lifeismusic2009 » Logged

Thanks, Dayna, for my awesome banners!
Sarah
Honorary Roadie

Irish at heart<3

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2011, 10:17PM »

Than I saw their face I'm a believer I couldnt leave them if I tried  Grin
lol nice.

Fantastic review Sarah!  What wonderful adventures you and the folks with you had!  Memories of a life-time! 

We'll all have a flurry of remembrances when the DVD comes out too!  Let's hope there are shots of all of us on it!  Grin Grin Grin
Thank you  No doubt about it!   I do hope so!  Cheesy

Great review, Sarah! So glad we finally got to meet!
Thank you, Mikey!  Same about you!  It was a pleasure meeting you, finally!

Great review Sarah!! Can I add how happy I was to meet so many great forum members for the first time, see old friends, and spend time with so many amazing people. And I must agree with you - I love my girls! That's how I refer to our little group to my family and friends. They know who I mean when I say "my girls"  Smiley I'm so lucky that I got to see such an incredible show performed by true lights in this world. But the very best part would be the people I spent my time with while I was there. Y'all are the best and you make me want to be better  Grin
Thank you, Elizabeth!   Of course you can!  I so agree to everything you said there!  And that is so cute about your "[my] girls!"  <3 you!

<3Sarah<3

Ncoua
Total Fanatic

Sup!

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2011, 10:32PM »

Love the review!!
isle of hope
Total Fanatic

Máiréad rocks!

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2011, 11:30PM »

Very nice, I can't wait to see the show when it comes out on DVD.

Bring me your peace, and my wounds, they will heal.
Sarah
Honorary Roadie

Irish at heart<3

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 04:16PM »

Love the review!!
Thanks Ncoua!

Very nice, I can't wait to see the show when it comes out on DVD.
Thank you Smiley  I cant wait for you and others to see it when it comes out onto DVD! I Want to re live it all over again so bad.  It was so amazing.

<3Sarah<3

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: