Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Les chansons venant du coeur" A Paris ! 09/23/11  (Read 18520 times)
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« on: September 23, 2011, 05:11PM »

The title in English is : "Songs from the Heart at Paris"
Sorry for the mistakes, I'm tired and my english is a little bit bad

For the first time ever, Celtic Woman came in France. Le Grand Rex it's such a gorgeous venue, it's our "Radio City", after my school I am gone immediately to Paris. One hour later we arrived near of Le Grand Rex, we found quickly a carpark and we walked to the venue. I met "Frenchlaly", really happy to meet her finally, she was so sweet !
There were a lot of people there, some seats are empty but the room was almost completely full, the David Downes voice indicated us the imminent beginning of the concert.

The stage was small and a little bit round, there were no place between the drummers and the band so the choir was at the edge of the stage for some songs like The Call, Mo Ghile Mear...
The audience was great, I confess I was worried about the quality of the audience, sometimes Frenchs are very critical, the set list was the same as the Spring Tour 2011.
The choir male were : Andrew Nangle, Colm Keegan and Dermot Kiernan and the female were : Mairead Maguire, Eimear McCarthy and UNA PEDRESHI Cheesy
Nil Se'n Là began with cheer, the audience clapped nonstop during Granuaile's Dance, Coast of Galicia and obviously The Mason's Apron. As in my previous concert, Chloë, Lisa's and Mairead interacted with me during the whole show. At The Ceili was very appreciated by the audience, some people danced during the Mairead's interlude. All the girls tried to say a few word in French, Chloë said in French during her introduction of Galway Bay : "Bonsoir, c'est vraiment formidable d'être ici à Paris" and she continued in English "Paris is one of my favorite city and we're very happy to sing there finally !" The crowd struggled to understand the joke of Dulaman, but Lisa Lambe mimicked the story and it was so funny we all laughed.
The only standing ovation was for You Raise Me Up, and when the girls took their bows in Finale - Mo Ghile Mear we all stood. I did the waves with the girls, Lisa Kelly gave me a huge smile when she saw me. Lisa Lambe was the first to remark me it was during Nil Se'n Là and Isle of Hope, Isle of Tears.
The audience was trully amazing, I was no excepted that, they're really go into the show ! When Chloë asked us before Spanish Lady : Can we go back next time ? We all screamed : YESSSSSSSSSSSSS !

The highlight of the night came after the show, at least 50 people waiting for the out of the girls by the backstage door ! When Booba Dixon saw how many of us were there, he said : "Okay, the girls will be come for sign some autographed just five minutes." And they came out, when Chloë saw me, her face was illuminated, she said to me : "It's a long trip from New York !" and I added "Also from Hamburg", she answered : "Oh yes you're right" and she put her hand on my cheek (I will never watch my cheek, I SWEAR !) I was so touched that she recognized me, I met her for the first time near of the Radio City in 2009, the day when they sang with the PS22 Chorus. When I saw Lisa Lambe, I said to her : "Thank you so much for the show" While she signed my ticket, I added : "You know, you're such a great addition !" and she answered : "Oh thanks you're very cute, but wait you're Marc ? I saw your messages on Twitter it was so cute" I was almost died ! She knew my name before I tell her my name ! UNBELIEVABLE Cheesy, Mairead also recognized me, finally I have the signatures of all the girls. This little meet and greet will always be in my mine for the rest of my days Cheesy .

I think they will back soon, without doubt. This third concert was so magical, now I must wait until February because we may go to see Believe Tour in US. But we will see them in Düsseldorf in May 2012 Cheesy I'm feel very honoured to be recognize by the girls, such a huge pleasure Cheesy

PARIS ETAIT SUPERBE ! Je vous aime Celtic Woman.

Marc.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 12:29AM by Dinozzzo » Logged

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Scott

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 06:48PM »

Marc, that's sooo wonderful. Smiley  And yes, the girls often know who we are even before we are introduced to them. Smiley Smiley  That's how it was at my first M&G! Cheesy

MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 07:47PM »

Great review, Marc! It's so great how all the girls remembered you like that! I'm glad you had the chance to meet them all, and I'm glad the girls had a good audience.

And Yay! Una's back to touring! Hopefully she'll stay for the Christmas tour!
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 10:47PM »

Fantastic Review!!! So glad you enjoyed yourself and great to see Una is back!!!

Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 05:21AM »

Thank you so much for your answers Cheesy , my friend took a video when I talk with Chloë and Lisa Lambe, I'll try to put it on Youtube.

MaryNorth93
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 05:43AM »

Great review!  Cheesy So LL speaks French too? She is really the queen of languages at this stage of the game  Grin
Ben the piper
Bodhrán Player

There can be miracles, when you believe!

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 05:59AM »

Nice review! Smiley Thanks for sharing those moments with us! Smiley

Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 06:20AM »

I have a video from the outside of Le Grand Rex when we met the girls and LL said "Merci" Cheesy , I'll upload it on Youtube. During the show she translated seaweed to algue (french). I want to say it's so cute and beautiful when they talked in French Grin

EDIT : HERE THE LINK (it's not me who took the video it's one of my friend) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyLNwfM5Hf8

Chloë said to me : Hello how are you, it's a long way from New York ! Oh my gosh it's good to see you again ! Embarrassed
Lisa Lambe said : "Merci" 1:40 Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 06:25AM by Dinozzzo » Logged

Gerard

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 07:06AM »

I was there too, in the theater, I mean. Couldn't go to the stage door because I had a long way to go to my home, and as I had to wake up at 4 am today, I needed all the sleep I could get.

First, let's get the not so good out of the way: first, there was not very much advertising of the concert. It was not even listed in Pariscope this week (for our british friends, it would be like doing a concert in London and not listing it in Time Out). To the point where I was worried not enough people were to come. But thankfully, come they did, even if some seats stayed vacant. Second, I'm sure a lot more merchandise could have been sold if people could have payed by credit card. Myself, I had to go out of the theater, find an ATM (something which, to my surprise, was pretty rare in the neighbourhood), and come back to the theater in order to buy the programme. The things we do for Celtic Woman !

But I have to say, it's worth it, every step of the way. Wonderful concert, from start to finish. And I had a good seat: stage left (in front of Ray and Brian, sixth row. A night to remember (I had a few this week, with South Pacific and Wicked in London), for all the good reasons. Gorgeous and talented singers, great musicians, beautiful staging, great songs and tunes. And I can't wait to have Walking the Night, My Heart was Home Again and Give Me Your Hand on the next CD (BTW, can somebody tell me the name of the tune that links Malking the Night and Give me your Hand? I know it's something by O'Carolan, but I can't remember the title). A great night by all accounts. Let's hope the girls will be back soon, for a longer stay in a bigger theater (The Palais des Congrès comes to mind here). Now, I will recover from the short night and the harsh morning.
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2011, 12:57PM »

Great review!!!! are you coming to New York next year?

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2011, 01:10PM »

Yes ! We'll try but I only could between the 18th February and the 4th March because I have school after. So I hope they will not do the Radio City for St Patrick's day as in 2010.

The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2011, 03:15PM »

Yes ! We'll try but I only could between the 18th February and the 4th March because I have school after. So I hope they will not do the Radio City for St Patrick's day as in 2010.

Back, in the 2010 tour they were there at the end of february. Maybe they'll do that again. I might be going to the Radio city show too depending on the tour scheduale and my school one

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2011, 05:49PM »

Très heureux d'avoir un examen de SFTH en Paris ! Merci, Marc !  Viva Celtic Woman en France!  Wink Grin

Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2011, 02:15AM »

Très heureux d'avoir un examen de SFTH en Paris ! Merci, Marc !  Viva Celtic Woman en France!  Wink Grin

Merci beaucoup !

Yes it was the show with PS22 Chorus the 27th February, it's the day when I met Mairead and Chloë for the first time. Chloë did a little reference in the video from Paris : "It's a long way from New York" Cheesy Mairead also remembers ! haha . So I hope they will do that this time because we really want to go in the Radio City Cheesy

stephany

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2011, 11:15AM »

That was indeed a wonderful concert, though I would have loved seeing the girls performing "The Water is Wide" with the bagad of Lann Bihoué.
Hopefully they will come back to France for more dates next year.
And by the way there's now a French official site : http://www.celticwoman.fr
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: