Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I GOT THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 6720 times)
Conchobar
Total Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2007, 09:25PM »

I'm hoping for it. I really want to welcome her in person.
I am so psyched for the two shows I'm going to this tour. In a large part this is because I'm going with forum members. Long story, but as anyone who has read my posts knows I'm not afraid of being long winded.

Basically I have only been to one other show that was on April 17th at the Orpheum theatre in Minneapolis. The ticket was a birthday gift from my parents, which added an extra heart to a heartfilled night. I tried to take the day off but ended up having to work so I brought a change of clothes and headed out after work. Since this was a birthday present I decided to really treat myself and had a very nice pre-show dinner. I get into the theatre and marvel at my 12th row seat. I notice a mother and daughter sitting down the aisle dressed identically. This is a story I have written about at length at wont repeat here. Anyway I had two women sitting next to me who couldn't believe I was there alone. They were great! We sang, danced and clapped the whole show!

After reading this I realize that this is a very long way to say that I'm looking forward to this tour because I'm going with friends.  

Bob      

Truth is just like time, it catches up, and it just keeps going.  DW
chickie.monkey
Total Fanatic

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2007, 10:55PM »

Can't wait to see you Bob...and step on your toes!  Wink

SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2007, 10:57AM »

Peter,

Congrats on your front row seats! Once you have sat so close to the girls, you get spoiled!
 I have M & G tickets for the Reading show on November 1st and they went for a $300.00 pledge as well.
Wow, that $1000.00 M & G package down in Kentucky sounds over the top to me - even for horse country!

Have fun at the concert .

Susan Z

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2007, 11:27AM »

Way to go...and ENJOY Grin Grin Grin

hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2007, 06:46PM »

Susan,

Oh, I definitely plan to enjoy, I have a feeling it would be impossible to NOT enjoy the show! 

I actually thought of something else, which hadn't entered my mind until I heard a comment on the local PBS station just before I went to bed ... about how pledges/donations to PBS being considered charitable contributions and tax deductible.

ARE THEY KIDDING???   Okay, let's think about this ... front row seats for the best show on earth, with the ONLY group I have ever actually gone to a concert for (yeah, I've admitted it now, I'm 42 years old and have never attended a major concert of any kind .. only things like "group comes to a school" things), along with the chance to actually meet a couple of the women from the group ... and then on top of that, I get to claim the donation on my taxes???

Is it possible for it to get any better???  *lol*
flags
Total Fanatic

I LOVE HAYLEY AND I CAN'T HELP IT!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2007, 08:13PM »

Susan,

Oh, I definitely plan to enjoy, I have a feeling it would be impossible to NOT enjoy the show! 

I actually thought of something else, which hadn't entered my mind until I heard a comment on the local PBS station just before I went to bed ... about how pledges/donations to PBS being considered charitable contributions and tax deductible.

ARE THEY KIDDING???   Okay, let's think about this ... front row seats for the best show on earth, with the ONLY group I have ever actually gone to a concert for (yeah, I've admitted it now, I'm 42 years old and have never attended a major concert of any kind .. only things like "group comes to a school" things), along with the chance to actually meet a couple of the women from the group ... and then on top of that, I get to claim the donation on my taxes???

Is it possible for it to get any better???  *lol*

You also get a booklet from pbs and can use your card for some reduced prices and freebies to save even more.

HOW WILL I SURVIVE UNTIL THE NEXT TOUR ?
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2007, 08:59PM »

*lol*  I wonder if those discounts include the motel for the night ... cuz I"m not great at night driving in an area I'm not familiar with so spending the night, especially with the Meet & Greet after the concert itself, is definitely on the agenda.

I'm actually rather curious to see the packet from the PBS station when it gets here
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 09:53AM by <3 Lauren » Logged
Capn Davey

Your Dream's Do Come True!

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2007, 02:22PM »

I am making one prediction, not only for the concert I'll be attending, but for a number of them.

We all know that we don't get to find out who will be coming into the Meet & Greets until they come in the door ... but I'm willing to bet that Lynn takes part in a majority of them.

It seems like the logical step for CW management ... as the newest member of Celtic Woman, as well as someone who is stepping into the place left by a fan favorite (as if they aren't all fan favorites!!) like Meav, I suspect they will use every opportunity to include Lynn in the public relations events, as well as just plain letting people get to know her.

Any thoughts on this theory?

you're right on on that!
enjoy the front row its like nothing you've seen before its great
have fun
dave

Banner By Celtic Fiddler

Amy Rivard Forum:
http://amyrivardforum.com/forum/
bot1tle
Total Fanatic

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2007, 08:34AM »

Hesprit.....
you never said where the venue is.... could it be Bryce Jordan???

Bill
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2007, 05:31PM »

Yep, it is at the Bryce Jordan Center.  It actually works out pretty well since the station is WPSU (Penn State University) so the station itself and the arena are both right there together.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 05:36PM by hesprit » Logged
bot1tle
Total Fanatic

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2007, 06:10PM »

i'll be lookin for ya......
Bill
FireGuyFrank

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2007, 05:31AM »

Awesome!  Enjoy, and please report back.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: