Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A couple songs may not be on the special  (Read 8511 times)
Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« on: November 06, 2011, 10:00AM »

On Amazon, it says that the run time of the DVD is 90 minutes.
On KCTS, my local station, it says that the special will be 1 hour, 23 minutes long. I suppose that this means that a couple songs will not be on the special? If not, it's ok. It looks like everything will probably be on the DVD.
Does your station say how long the special will be?

KerriC
Honorary Roadie

Ireland must be heaven...for Lisa came from there.

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 01:26PM »

On KCTS, my local station, it says that the special will be 1 hour, 23 minutes long. I suppose that this means that a couple songs will not be on the special? If not, it's ok. It looks like everything will probably be on the DVD.

The extra 7 minutes on the DVD is probably behind the scenes footage. They usually have that as an added bonus feature on the DVD so I'm pretty sure the PBS special will have everything they performed live.

Thank you CWLisaFan for helping me get this banner!

Thank you Western_Rose for this awesome banner : )
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 01:34PM »

Scott said in a tweet : There is a 20 minute making of documentary & 4 songs not seen on PBS!

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 02:35PM »

PBS has to sell their stuff somewhere in there, so usually a few songs are left out of their broadcast version. And, to the best of my knowledge, all PBS stations show the same, edited, version of the show.

aislin
Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 07:45AM »

Yep, PBS normally cuts several songs from the show to allow for the begathon parts.
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 10:26AM »

Oh I hope they don't cut out any of Lisa Lambe's solos! It really sucked with what happened to Alex and Lynn for SFTH. One of each of their solos was cut! And especially not with Chloe having 3 solos!
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 02:34PM »

For me it's okay if they cut a few songs off the special, as long as all the songs are on the DVD.  Smiley

barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 05:17PM »

exactly, or does anyone know if they are going to have an option for a deluxe edition, or will it just hopefully be on the cd?? Amazon did not offer any delxue cd's or dvd's for velieve yet. Yet on the celtic thunder storm dvd their was an option before watching it for behind the scenes.  It wasn't much but I hope thats what the girls do> Does anyone know?

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 05:54PM »

exactly, or does anyone know if they are going to have an option for a deluxe edition, or will it just hopefully be on the cd?? Amazon did not offer any delxue cd's or dvd's for velieve yet. Yet on the celtic thunder storm dvd their was an option before watching it for behind the scenes.  It wasn't much but I hope thats what the girls do> Does anyone know?

Well, the CW DVDs always come with behind the scenes material or extras.  I would imagine their will be a delux CD.  They haven't said anything yet.

LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 05:53AM »

I've asked Scott if the Amazon CD is a deluxe version or if one will be available. He never posted anything. Someone else may want to ask him. Scott did say that there will be 4 songs not seen on PBS & a 20 minute making of documentary on the DVD.

LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 04:12PM »

Thanks to Jennifer for asking Scott, his response is that the cd on Amazon is a regular cd.

barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2011, 04:14PM »

Thanks everyone! xxx

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Jennifer
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 04:57PM »

You're welcome... Smiley Glad we know it's the regular edition... I still want to wait and order the deluxe CD.
Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 08:15AM »

For me it's okay if they cut a few songs off the special, as long as all the songs are on the DVD.  Smiley

Same here!

LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2011, 04:46PM »

According to a Scott tweet, the deluxe cd is available exclusively thru Barnes & Noble as of today. Couln't find it on B&N website.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: