Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Breast cancer site  (Read 6675 times)
poohbear
Honorary Roadie

funcle

« on: September 03, 2007, 04:22PM »

This link was posted by Marie-France on April 7, 2007 under General discussion.  I am sorry I do not know how to use the indexing thing to give a reference.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

I have been clicking daily and thought a reminder of this site would be helpful on this board.  45,000 people clicking on this site results in a mammogram being funded for some woman who cannot afford one.  Please check out the original thread and consider making this part of your daily routine.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 04:53PM »

Oh, dear. Who had a breast cancer?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
poohbear
Honorary Roadie

funcle

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 06:05PM »

No one that I know of Kim.  It is just a site that people can use to help others.  It was a former thread in the general discussion board.  I thought it should be part of this board.
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 06:38PM »

My family has been effected by this disease several times. My mother was a survivor when she was 39 aand I was 3 (back in 1949 and had to have a double radical masectomy) She died at 81 in a car wreck. My Grandmother (dad's mom) got it when she was about 92 (it can stirke any age). She passed away at 95.

My mother in law only lived about 4 years when she got it at age 63.

When my Mom got it, there was no support system and it was a disease that people didn't talk about it. And the one you don't hear about was Dr. Tom Dooley who contracted it to destroy the myth that it is only a woman's issue.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
rosie l

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 06:53PM »

You can also go to "The .Hunger Site" and click to feed the poor.

I'm happy to say I'm a brest cancer survivor for seven years now,so life is good!! Grin Grin

Rosie.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 04:01PM »

My family has been effected by this disease several times.
I'm so sorry, zankoku, I know they were not so well enough.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 07:51PM »

If you remember, in those day  (1949) there was no reconstruction and Mom was lucky. She worked for a Doctor (she was a nurse) right after the war. She played golf constantly and walked the course. one draw back was that she could not raise her arms above her soulders because of the surgery and she was self concious.

If she were alive today, I know she would be active in the Breast Cancer Awarness. She was very active an organization called The Infant of Prauge Adoption Services in the San Joaquin Valley of California which belies the act that it was non denominational.

No neither my brother nor I are adopted (but my wife was and my niece adopted 2 boys because she could have any. At the age of 40 she gave birth to a daughter.).

So in your prayers for those of our family and friends who are ill, please pray for the children who need families.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
n3sjh

Be careful what you wish for. You might get it!

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 12:53AM »

One of my best friends who is in her 60s was diagnosed several years ago and went for treatmen in of all places; Dublin Ireland. That was one year ago and she was recently diagnosed that her cancer is completly dead and has been since that treatment.

Anyone who is in the know, will tell you that cancer is big bussiness in this country and around the world. That doctor had to stop practicing in Ireland and moved to Australia because of massive increases in liability insurance.

It seems to have become politicaly correct to do everything with diseases except to cure the darned thing and move on.

Sjh
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 06:22AM by OldFatGuy » Logged

"Never doubt that a small, group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
--Margaret Mead.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: