Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who will fill Lisa Ks wonderful shoes ????  (Read 13768 times)
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2011, 02:59PM »

Oh, Lisa please come back! I'll just die if you don't..... Cry LOVE YA GIRL~

Who ever the girl girl will be will of course be awesome! I mean, when have we ever known David Downs to make the wrong decision? Wink

I'm pretty sure Lisa will be back.  Smiley

And I agree!  David has NEVER chosen a bad Celtic Woman.  There's just NO SUCH THING as a bad Celtic Woman!  Haha!
Yes, Lisa never said she was leaving for good, so I'm also sure she'll be back. Smiley  And I agree with Tiff, there has never been a bad Celtic Woman--they were all so amazing! 
I hope they announce the new girl soon--I'm excited to know who it'll be. Smiley

Yeah.  I am gonna miss Lisa like CRAZY during the tour, but I'm also soooo excited to know who the new girl will be.  I wanna know what she looks like and sounds like and her name and her kind heart.  I really hope they announce it soon because this curiosity is killing me lol!

IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2011, 04:31PM »

Oh, Lisa please come back! I'll just die if you don't..... Cry LOVE YA GIRL~
Who ever the girl girl will be will of course be awesome! I mean, when have we ever known David Downs to make the wrong decision? Wink
I second this!!  I love you dear, sweet Lisa!!!!!  Please please come back!!!!! Smiley

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
roy

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2011, 08:53PM »

I would love to see Meav come back,because her vocal range is very similar to Lisa's.That's what DD will be examining during the decision making process.Whoever it will be,will have to sound as close as possible to our Lisa.
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2011, 11:29PM »

I hope they announce the new girl soon--I'm excited to know who it'll be. Smiley

I doubt they announce anything until January. They wont announce it until after the current tour, because Lisa K is still with them. I dont think they would want talk about the new person to upstage all the positive news about these incredible shows. They want people saying "OMG these shows are GREAT!" not "Hey this new girl isn't our Lisa" or "she cant hit the high notes like THE Voice" kind of thing. It can be tough being a substitute! Then theres Christmas and New Years. People will be off visiting family, vacactioning, etc. Then I bet they announce the new name the first week in january, and the new person goes to China for those few shows as a sort of break in with touring with them.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2011, 06:20AM »

Actually, Lisa's supposed to go to China - according to Scott, but the China dates have been removed from the website.

rebbie336

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2011, 08:16AM »

Actually, Lisa's supposed to go to China - according to Scott, but the China dates have been removed from the website.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Actually they're  still on the site near the bottom.  The same three dates that have been there in January.

Rachel
klaxen

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2011, 01:01PM »

I'm going to miss hearing lisa and seeing her as part of the group next year :-(
About who's going to fill her shoes, I personally hope for Hayley to make a return.  looking at her touring dates, the only conflict is between February 29th and March 8th.. maybe there can be a change in the dates for her or they can have a secondary substitute.  Another thing to consider is is lisa not going to be touring at all or is she going to leave the group once she is further along? (if this works out, she could tour til march 8th then have hayley take over after.  Either that or a return of Alex or Lynn would be awesome.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 01:06PM by klaxen » Logged
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2011, 02:52PM »

I'm going to miss hearing lisa and seeing her as part of the group next year :-(
About who's going to fill her shoes, I personally hope for Hayley to make a return.  looking at her touring dates, the only conflict is between February 29th and March 8th.. maybe there can be a change in the dates for her or they can have a secondary substitute.  Another thing to consider is is lisa not going to be touring at all or is she going to leave the group once she is further along? (if this works out, she could tour til march 8th then have hayley take over after.  Either that or a return of Alex or Lynn would be awesome.
There were a couple of people who went to see Alex perform in Sweden back in November.  The question was raised if she would return to Celtic Woman and she responded that her son was her top priority; as much as I'd love to see her return, her reason is something that I can definitely understand and agree with. 
I'm quite certain that they're going to find a girl we haven't heard of yet, but you never know.  They very well could surprise us, and we all know how good they are at that. Wink

Also, unless I'm mistaken, Lisa never said anything about leaving the group for good when she announced her pregnancy, so I'm pretty sure she'll be back.  Only time can tell. Tongue
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2011, 03:26PM »

Actually they're  still on the site near the bottom.  The same three dates that have been there in January.
ok I am not a doctor or a nurse, and I am just a man so I don't know about some things like women and pregnancy, so let me ask this...

at what point in a pregnancy should a woman avoid flying on long trips? Ireland is far from China. I dont think we would want her somewhere way over the pacific and a couple hours away from emergency medical care.

But I guess if she isnt due until June, maybe I am just being a mother hen and worrying a bit too much?  Huh

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2011, 05:03PM »

I just checked and I couldn't find them, but the area I meant - my fault I didn't make clear - was in the Tour Dates section.

Hayley was recently asked if she was coming back to CW and her answer was no.

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2011, 05:26PM »

ok I am not a doctor or a nurse, and I am just a man so I don't know about some things like women and pregnancy, so let me ask this...

at what point in a pregnancy should a woman avoid flying on long trips? Ireland is far from China. I dont think we would want her somewhere way over the pacific and a couple hours away from emergency medical care.

But I guess if she isnt due until June, maybe I am just being a mother hen and worrying a bit too much?  Huh

I don't know the answer to that either (and I'm a woman lol) but I think Lisa will be alright in China.  Smiley  During her last pregnancy, she traveled to Japan and the baby was okay.  Smiley

drmayeda

« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2011, 01:39AM »

I don't know who but I hope they do it soon.  I went on the Celtic Woman website and they had a video from a recent TV spot.  They had Ray on the dourum(?) Maired Lisa Lambe and Cloe on stage.  Neil shen La sounded weird with only two singers.  I've been signing in off and on to see if they've announced a replacement.  I spotted the clip in the Video section.  Three singers is nice but I think they sound better with 4.  I have the songs from their christmas celebration back in 2006 loaded onto a playlist of Christmas Carols.  what I can hear of the songs with the 4 singers singing were nice.  "Let it snow" left me hanging because I couldn't hear Mairead's line at the end.  The DVD's are good but I can't watch anything at work.  I need to settle for MP3 recordings from the CD's
chellek

« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2011, 04:42PM »

I believe I read that Lisa was due early June.  But when I saw the concert on Dec 3, she looked quite pregnant.  My friend, who has 3 kids, thought she looked about 5 mo along. 

I agree with the above poster who said it probably won't be announced until January.  It makes sense.  My guess is that it will be someone new, who has never sung with the group before.

Time will tell...   
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2011, 06:28PM »

Okay, I hadn't checked back on this thread in a little while, but I just caught up on it and wanted to respond to a couple of things.

Ummmm I already knew about all that...  I was just expressing my opinion...

Tiffany, I'm very sorry if my post seemed like I was attacking you, it was absolutely not intended that way.  I just wanted to point out some of the reasons that I believe would be part of David making a decision on changes to the group.  My post was not intended to point only to you, but to others who had mentioned the desire for the person filling in for Lisa to be kept on as the new, fifth Celtic Woman.

I totally disagree with you.
Celtic Woman is a sucess with only four members because the fans are loyal and not because it is greater to be heard with only four.

I'm sorry, but if this were the case, then there would not be any new fans, and clearly there are new fans discovering the joys of Celtic Woman all the time.  Your statement makes it sound like the ONLY reason the group is still successful is that the fans don't like the changes but are hanging on anyway.  The true fact is that there are a lot of fans who prefer the three vocalist format, and the group, their new show, and every one of the performances that have been given over these past couple of years ... these have all been successful because of how much people are enjoying the shows exactly the way they are being performed now!

Concerned to the "problems" with the inclusion of a 4th member, again I disagree. It is not only a dream that many people want to make true, David has no problems in make adapatations in songs. How many times has it been done? David transformed the group songs (with arrangments for 4 voices) in a quickly way when Alex left the group in 2010.

You are correct, David is certainly able to make the necessary changes, IF it were necessary.  The point I was trying to make was IS it necessary?  David had to transform the show from a four to a three vocalist format when Alex left because there was simply no time to bring in another singer, have them learn everything and be ready to go on.  He did it because there was no real option.  That is not the case now.  Adding a fourth singer would be a completely optional decision.  He can do it (I never said he couldn't) but does he want to?  Does he want to have to do all of that extra work, especially when things are working so well the way they are?  There is an old saying that I think applies here ... Don't mess with success!

I am not going to question or argue with your own personal opinions.  That would be silly because each of us has our own feelings and none of us is more or less "right" than anyone else about how we feel.  My post was not about feelings or preferences.  My post was to offer some of the reasons that I believe David will be thinking about as HE and CW Ltd. make the decisions about who, and how many girls, will be in the group in the future.

About who's going to fill her shoes, I personally hope for Hayley to make a return.  looking at her touring dates, the only conflict is between February 29th and March 8th.. maybe there can be a change in the dates for her or they can have a secondary substitute.  Another thing to consider is is lisa not going to be touring at all or is she going to leave the group once she is further along? (if this works out, she could tour til march 8th then have hayley take over after.  Either that or a return of Alex or Lynn would be awesome.

It's very unlikely for Hayley to return, even if her own schedule allowed it.  She is under contract with a different company.  While it's certainly possible to arrange a short term exception, such as they did for ANJ, that arrangement included filming and being part of the DVD.  It's not very likely they would agree to it for JUST filling in.  Also, keep in mind that if we assume there is a Fall tour, whomever is filling in will need to be available for that as well since Lisa's announcement makes it clear she does not plan to tour at all in 2012.  This is also the answer to your question about whether Lisa will start the tour then leave as her due date is closer .. she is not doing that.  She will not be on the tour at all.

Peter
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2011, 08:32PM »

I believe I read that Lisa was due early June.  But when I saw the concert on Dec 3, she looked quite pregnant.  My friend, who has 3 kids, thought she looked about 5 mo along. 

I agree with the above poster who said it probably won't be announced until January.  It makes sense.  My guess is that it will be someone new, who has never sung with the group before.

Time will tell...   

I saw Lisa on December 11 and I didn't think she looked 5 months.  People are estimating a due date of last of May at the earliest, but more likely early June. That would make her closer to 3 months at present.  She is encouraging people to make guesses on her FB page set up for that purpose, so everyone go to it!  Wink Cheesy

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: