Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Celtic Christmas  (Read 12600 times)
Albertan

« on: November 18, 2011, 09:39AM »

I just got word from Amazon in Germany that there is a CW Christmas album being released there on Nov 25 called "A Celtic Christmas".
It has the same cover art as the "A Celtic Family Christmas" album.

Most of the tracks (judging from the titles -- I don't know if any are new arrangements) have appeared elsewhere. But there are two
tracks that I have not seen before: "An Angel" and "There Must Be An Angel (Playing With My Heart)". Sound samples are available.

Does anyone know if this will be available in North America?

Here's the link for the interested:
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B005WNF5UU/ref=pe_98771_27535941_snp_dp

Gordon
Ben the piper
Bodhrán Player

There can be miracles, when you believe!

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 10:46AM »

I just got word from Amazon in Germany that there is a CW Christmas album being released there on Nov 25 called "A Celtic Christmas".
It has the same cover art as the "A Celtic Family Christmas" album.

Most of the tracks (judging from the titles -- I don't know if any are new arrangements) have appeared elsewhere. But there are two
tracks that I have not seen before: "An Angel" and "There Must Be An Angel (Playing With My Heart)". Sound samples are available.

Does anyone know if this will be available in North America?

Here's the link for the interested:
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B005WNF5UU/ref=pe_98771_27535941_snp_dp

Gordon

Nice find Gordon! Smiley
I've checked the countries they ship their stuff to and it does include the USA. Normal shipping costs are € 14 ($ 18.92) --> about 8-12 days, with International Express Postage € 30 ($40.55) --> about 2 days.
All according to their internet site.

Hope this helps you. Smiley I think I'm going to buy it myself.

Albertan

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 01:37PM »

I've ordered from Amazon.de before and have not had any troubles.
I would, however, like to find a way to order just the new tracks (iTunes perhaps?) since I already have the rest of the tracks in other collections (or so I think).

Gordon
Ben the piper
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 03:43PM »

Hm I see. At the moment it's not even possible to buy the single tracks through amazon either (don't know if they'll be available or not in the future).

About i-tunes I have no idea, sorry.

Albertan

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 01:12AM »

We may just have to wait a few days, until November 25, when the album is released; and then we will see who has what available. Unfortunately, single tracks from Amazon will be of no benefit to me. I'm in Canada, and due to some ridiculous licensing laws, Amazon.ca does not offer digital downloads. And, of course, being in Canada, I cannot order tracks from any of the other Amazons that DO sell individual tracks to their respective local customers. So I am hoping for iTunes to come through -- though I am not holding my breath.

Another hope is that the new tracks might eventually find themselves on some future album that is released in North America.

Gordon
Gerard

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 01:53AM »

Gordon, I feel your pain. I have had the same problem before with other songs. For example, the ones that are on the german edition of SFTH, or Amazon's exclusive tracks from same (only available in the US, and not in France). Frankly, I can't understand why you can buy a CD in foreign countries, but not download tracks legally. Which can force people who only want those songs (because they already have the other ones) to use not so legal means of getting them (ripping them off YouTube being the least of them).
Albertan

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 06:09PM »

Gerard, I agree 100%. I did spring for the German edition of SFTH from Amazon.de, but that sort of thing should not be necessary! I often buy CDs from around the world, and the recording companies seem to be good with that, so why can they not do the same with digital downloads? I can even understand why these companies might not want to release CDs into certain markets, because there is a considerable overhead cost in doing so; and if the artist is not sufficiently popular in that market, they could wind up losing money. But how much does it cost to release a digital download? The answer "~zero" comes to mind. The only motivating factors that I can conceive of for why they do what they do in the way they do it, are insanity and greed -- take your pick! No wonder many artists are going Indie! Time to put the bozos in their place.

Gordon
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 09:21PM »

It's November 25 now, and I'm hoping these tracks are on iTunes somehow (I know they're not on North American iTunes though).

Albertan

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2011, 12:24AM »

The tracks ARE available on the German iTunes; but unfortunately, unless you live in Germany, you will not be able to purchase them. However, you can still LISTEN to German iTunes from outside Germany; and there is a minute-and-a-half excerpt of each available.

To hear these sound samples, launch your iTunes Store then scroll to the bottom and toward the right you will see a little button with the national flag of the iTunes Store to which you are subscribed. (In my case it is Canada, but it could be USA or some other country, depending on where you live.) Click on this button and you will be presented with a list of the nations which have an iTunes Store. Select Germany (Deutschland) and that will take you into the German store. From there you can enter "Celtic Woman" in the search box; and when the list of their albums appears you can select "A Celtic Christmas". The two new tracks are the first two on the album. You can listen to the sound samples just as you can in your own iTunes store. But as I said, you cannot buy them. Pity. I would like to get those tracks. I already have all the other tracks in some form or another, so I don't really need the whole CD (which I CAN purchase from Germany. Go figure.)

Does anyone know if either (or both) of these songs is/are part of the forthcoming "Believe" CD?

BTW, when you are done listening, you will need to check back into your own iTunes Store. (Same technique as before.)

Gordon

MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 02:18AM »

Does anyone know if either (or both) of these songs is/are part of the forthcoming "Believe" CD?
Gordon, it looks as if those 2 tracks are exclusive to Germany and will not be made available anywhere else. I'm just as bummed as you are, I would love to have those songs in my collection.
Ben the piper
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2011, 03:40AM »

Gordon, it looks as if those 2 tracks are exclusive to Germany and will not be made available anywhere else. I'm just as bummed as you are, I would love to have those songs in my collection.

But they are both on youtube now, maybe you can use the converter and download it as music file?

RoAR
Honorary Roadie

It's far beyond the stars...

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 11:17PM »

Have you considered having a friend in that country buy the downloads for you, put them on a cd, and send them to you? Of course, by that point it might be cheaper to just buy the cd.......I don't really know.

Ben the piper
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2011, 03:34AM »

Have you considered having a friend in that country buy the downloads for you, put them on a cd, and send them to you? Of course, by that point it might be cheaper to just buy the cd.......I don't really know.

Or instead of putting the songs on a CD and shipping it, just send the music files via e-mail.

NicholeLovesCW
Honorary Roadie

Love to you always Chloë :) Xxx *4/9/2011*

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2011, 09:04AM »

But they are both on youtube now, maybe you can use the converter and download it as music file?
Where are they on YouTube? Could you post the links please?

Thanks Michelle!
April 9th was the best night EVER! Thankful for all of my forum friends! Smiley Thanks for all the love <3
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2011, 09:09AM »

There's must be an angel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S77PZ-_eLY0

An Angel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfnApMv5hhY&feature=related

Here they are Wink

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France