Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If Hayley Does Another Celtic CD  (Read 13979 times)
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« on: November 27, 2011, 02:46PM »

Okay, this is just for fun, just ideas.  It would be AWESOME if Hayley did another Celtic CD, this time with ALL Irish/Scottish/Celtic/Etc songs on it!  If she ever did another one, what songs would you pick?  Here's my list.

1.  Only a Woman's Heart
2.  Fields of Athenry
3.  Ar Eireann Ni Neosainn Ce Hi
4.  My Lagan Love
5.  Wild Mountainside
6.  Will Ye Go Lassie Go
7.  Red Is the Rose
8.  I'll Tell Me Ma
9.  My Love Is Like a Red Red Rose
10.  Black Is the Colour of My True Love's Hair
11.  The Skye Boat Song
12.  Leaving of Liverpool
13.  Green Grow the Rushes
14.  The Parting Glass
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 09:59PM by Tiffany Gray (Lisa's Lambe) » Logged

LisaKellyManiac

Proud sufferer of OCCWD, OCLK, and HWD <3

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 08:14PM »

Siul a Ruin, The Parting Glass, Spanish Lady, Lift the Wings, and The Wild Song.

Hayley's grace   &
Lisa K.'s power  &
Celtic Woman's beauty and magic

<3 <3 <3
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 10:32PM »

Siul a Ruin, The Parting Glass, Spanish Lady, Lift the Wings, and The Wild Song.

HECK YEAH!!!!!  Those would sound awesome!

Libby

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 05:28PM »

Lagan Love was one I had thought of a while back, and then Lynn sang it, and it was very beautiful, so now I can live if Hayley doesn't end up singing it. However, I would still love it if she did. Smiley

A song in Gaelic would be great. Nothing chirpy like Dulaman or N'il S'in La though. Something more along the lines of Enya songs would work better for Hayley's voice.

I wouldn't want her to do Black is the Color, though, unless she changes it to "he". I can't imagine why they didn't change it for Lisa. It just doesn't sound right.  Undecided

I wouldn't expect her to do a themed album anytime soon, though, since before she knew she was doing Paradiso, she hinted that her next album would be a "non-themed" album. That's not to say I don't think she'll ever record any Celtic songs again. But she's done a lot of that already, plus I think her next album will contain a lot more original songs, whatever their genre might be. I personally am hoping she'll write a love song in French, for a certain someone. Wink
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 08:58PM »

I wouldn't want her to do Black is the Color, though, unless she changes it to "he". I can't imagine why they didn't change it for Lisa. It just doesn't sound right.  Undecided

Ummm that the traditional way to sing it, and it wouldn't sound right singing "his lips are like some roses fair."  And Celtic Woman has sung songs like that in the past, like "My Lagan Love," "Isle of Inisfree," and "She Moved Through the Fair."  That's just the traditional way to sing it.

I wouldn't expect her to do a themed album anytime soon, though, since before she knew she was doing Paradiso, she hinted that her next album would be a "non-themed" album. That's not to say I don't think she'll ever record any Celtic songs again. But she's done a lot of that already, plus I think her next album will contain a lot more original songs, whatever their genre might be. I personally am hoping she'll write a love song in French, for a certain someone. Wink

It was just an idea....  I never said she would do another one.  It was just for fun...

TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 09:25PM »

I wouldn't want her to do Black is the Color, though, unless she changes it to "he". I can't imagine why they didn't change it for Lisa. It just doesn't sound right.  Undecided

Ummm that the traditional way to sing it, and it wouldn't sound right singing "his lips are like some roses fair."  And Celtic Woman has sung songs like that in the past, like "My Lagan Love," "Isle of Inisfree," and "She Moved Through the Fair."  That's just the traditional way to sing it.
I completely agree with this.  This isn't the first time Celtic Woman has sung a song directed towards a woman and they're certainly not the first group to have done it either.  In fact, when I still majored in music and sung in the choir, there were a lot of songs sung both in group or solo that were directed towards a woman even though we were girls ourselves. Tongue  This kind of thing happens in music all the time.  

Anyways, back on topic... Cheesy  I think the Wild Song and the Parting Glass would sound so beautiful for Hayley.  Loch Lomond is a song I've been dying to hear our girls sing for a while too--I think Hayley could do a lovely job at it.  

I don't know if I'd consider it a Celtic song, but wouldn't it be amazing if Hayley could sing Nocturne?  I bet that would sound gorgeous.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 09:27PM by TheWhite~Rose » Logged
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 09:41PM »

I wouldn't want her to do Black is the Color, though, unless she changes it to "he". I can't imagine why they didn't change it for Lisa. It just doesn't sound right.  Undecided

Ummm that the traditional way to sing it, and it wouldn't sound right singing "his lips are like some roses fair."  And Celtic Woman has sung songs like that in the past, like "My Lagan Love," "Isle of Inisfree," and "She Moved Through the Fair."  That's just the traditional way to sing it.
I completely agree with this.  This isn't the first time Celtic Woman has sung a song directed towards a woman and they're certainly not the first group to have done it either.  In fact, when I still majored in music and sung in the choir, there were a lot of songs sung both in group or solo that were directed towards a woman even though we were girls ourselves. Tongue  This kind of thing happens in music all the time.  

Anyways, back on topic... Cheesy  I think the Wild Song and the Parting Glass would sound so beautiful for Hayley.  Loch Lomond is a song I've been dying to hear our girls sing for a while too--I think Hayley could do a lovely job at it.  

I don't know if I'd consider it a Celtic song, but wouldn't it be amazing if Hayley could sing Nocturne?  I bet that would sound gorgeous.

Thanks.  Yeah that's just the traditional way to sing it.  They're just singing it in the guy's point of view, but when they perform it, it looks like they're pretending to be the girl the song is directed at.

The Wild Song would sound AWESOME!!!!!  I've never heard the other one before, but I keep seeing the title everywhere, and I keep meaning to look it up.  People keep saying it's beautiful!

Nocturne would sound gorgeous!!!  It's more of a modern Irish song with a Celtic sound.  I love it.

hayleynibhaoleafh<3'scelticwoman!
Honorary Roadie

U can have my <3, if U don't mind broken things...

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 12:19PM »

Okay, this is just for fun, just ideas.  It would be AWESOME if Hayley did another Celtic CD, this time with ALL Irish/Scottish/Celtic/Etc songs on it!  If she ever did another one, what songs would you pick?  Here's my list.

1.  Only a Woman's Heart
2.  Fields of Athenry
3.  Ar Eireann Ni Neosainn Ce Hi
4.  My Lagan Love
5.  Wild Mountainside
6.  Will Ye Go Lassie Go
7.  Red Is the Rose
8.  I'll Tell Me Ma
9.  My Love Is Like a Red Red Rose
10.  Black Is the Colour of My True Love's Hair
11.  The Skye Boat Song
12.  Leaving of Liverpool
13.  Green Grow the Rushes
14.  The Parting Glass

I love these I ideas! I'd like to hear her do Only Hope by Mandy Moore, too

Loooooove Hayley xxx
~~~~~~~Maybe it's not about the happy endings... maybe it's about the story...~~~~~~
Friend are angels ~*~ Cherish them
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 09:15PM »

Flower of Maherally - When she was still with the group, I was hoping Lynn would sing this one day Sad I think Hayley could do a very pretty cover of it though. Smiley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhBqqM_7BfA

Deus Meus -- I love this song--if Hayley were to do it, it would be Shocked  Hopefully, Celtic Woman can someday do this too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCSeo-P-P_E
Libby

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 11:58PM »

Well, I know about She Moved through the Fair, and I don't mind ones like that. But the words "she and I will be one" or something like that, were the lyrics that I was thinking of. The others don't quite go that far, LOL.

Well, anyway. I like a lot of your suggestions, the ones I'm familiar with, anyway. I don't know many Celtic songs. If Hayley doesn't sing Lagan Love or Nocturne, I do like the versions by CW, so I won't suffer too much without Hayley's versions. Wink

Oh, yeah, I thought of Only Hope a long time ago, too! Hayley would be great with that song, especially these days. Smiley But that's not a Celtic song. But she's not likely to do a full Celtic album very soon, anyway. I feel sure her next album will just be a "Hayley album". Which is exactly what I want.
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2015, 10:34AM »

It doesn't matter what gender she is singing to, becuase it's not a a real person anyways. Who cares if it's a love song about a man that doesn't exist and she isn't in love with or a woman that doesn't exist and she isn't in love with? The moments he's singing a song like that, she's taking a completely different character than her own and therefore it's absolutely irrelevant to whom she's singing, because she's singing to a fictional person her peforming-persona is in love with, not a real person she is in love with. Things are different if she is referring to a certain person, and then that's her business and no one elses.

Black is the Colour
The Flower of Maherally
Listen, Listen
The Parting Glass
Greenesleeves
Down by the Salley Gardens
I Dreamt I Dwellt In Marble Halls (I know, it isn't Celtic, but it fits so well!)
Lavender's Blue
Isle of Innisfree
Siulil A Run
Carolina Rua
I Know My Love
Newry Boat Song
Follow On

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2015, 02:05AM »

It doesn't matter what gender she is singing to, becuase it's not a a real person anyways. Who cares if it's a love song about a man that doesn't exist and she isn't in love with or a woman that doesn't exist and she isn't in love with? The moments he's singing a song like that, she's taking a completely different character than her own and therefore it's absolutely irrelevant to whom she's singing, because she's singing to a fictional person her peforming-persona is in love with, not a real person she is in love with. Things are different if she is referring to a certain person, and then that's her business and no one elses.

Black is the Colour
The Flower of Maherally
Listen, Listen
The Parting Glass
Greenesleeves
Down by the Salley Gardens
I Dreamt I Dwellt In Marble Halls (I know, it isn't Celtic, but it fits so well!)
Lavender's Blue
Isle of Innisfree
Siulil A Run
Carolina Rua
I Know My Love
Newry Boat Song
Follow On

Amen to all of that!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: