Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alex in Sweden  (Read 9032 times)
MrPeabody

Set the WayBack machine, Sherman.

« on: November 28, 2011, 08:22AM »

Henny (dutchfan) and I had the honor and privilege of seeing Alex perform in Showstoppers on Thanksgiving night in Helsingborg, Sweden.  The show was amazing and we were graced with Alex's presence after the show for an extended conversation.  She was a delight to talk to, is doing well and is very happy.  Full details can be found in my review on the Alex forum here: http://www.alexsharpefanforum.com/index.php?topic=202.0

Mike

Ben the piper
Bodhrán Player

There can be miracles, when you believe!

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 08:39AM »

It's sure enough an amazing review of an amazing trip!

Jack

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 07:26PM »

Mike, that is one of the most awesome reviews I've read on any forum!  I can't even imagine trying to put a trip like that together and then have everything come together so perfectly.  Front row center both nights and an hour long sit-down with Alex is almost too much to even dream. 

The "Alexandra" hotel??  Cue the "Twilight Zone" theme.  Cheesy

Great, great review!

Jack
greenfire6
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 10:29PM »

Bravo Mike!

When it comes to reviews this one is much more than a "keeper". So good to know that Alex is doing well and dazzling audiences in her enchanting way.

Alex Sharpe is a genuine treasure. I surrendered the moment I saw her live standing in for Lisa K in 2008 and was blessed to see her perform live with CW (on two occasions) in 2009 and at Boise, ID in 2010. (Two days later we all would find out that was her second to last performance as an "active" Celtic Woman).

This line (copied from your review) really reached into me:
...She was a real sweetheart and so happy.  It showed in her performance and in our conversation that she really is happy with her life.  And we were happy for her because, in the end, all we want for any of the artists is for them to be happy...

All I could think when I read this was, "Amen brother".

Thank you for taking the time to share this concert report and your and Henny's special time with a very beautiful and talanted lady.

-David
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 11:40PM by greenfire6 » Logged
Bootz

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 09:15PM »

Wow!! What a review!! Thanks for taking us on the trip with you. You definitely made it come alive for me.  Grin
CelticWomanAddict
Total Fanatic

You'll Never Walk Alone

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 09:48PM »

Burger King in Sweden? That's nice to know if I ever go  Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: