Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CD and DVD Tracklist from the "Salt Lake Tribune"  (Read 7000 times)
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2011, 09:33PM »

At a guess, it's a copyright issue on both songs.

i'm not an expert, but couldn't the production (or David, I don't know who manages these things) check for possible issues before arranging/performing/filming the song?

It would be handled by EMI/CW Ltd. If they were in negotiations for the rights going into the filming and it either fell through or they were still working on it when the CD/DVD had to be turned in then they filmed it all in good faith, thinking they'd get it worked out eventually and were probably allowed to do so by the copyright holder.

aislin
Excalibur

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2011, 10:17PM »

Thanks for the explanation... It's a pity though Sad

MaryNorth93
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 10:10AM »

It's a pity about Tears in Heaven  Undecided Well, if it will be on PBS than it will no doubt make it's way to youtube. Agree that Ave Maria is a good fit. I love Chloë's previous version but the Shubert arrangement does her voice a little bit more justice, the add of the choir is wonderfull too.
Gerard

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2011, 11:42AM »

Except that it won't be on PBS either. See http://www.celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=17006.0 for the list of songs that will appear during the broadcast.
Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2011, 07:45AM »

Ok this is odd. I just got a description from my PBS:
"Vocalists Chloe Agnew, Lisa Kelly and Lisa Lambe and violinist Mairead Nesbitt perform classic Irish songs, pop anthems and inspirational songs. A dazzling array of visual and musical effects, including a 20-piece orchestra, 16-piece Atlanta Bagpipe Band and a 30-member children’s choir, enhance the grace and beauty of Celtic Woman. Selections include "Green Grow the Rushes," "Tears in Heaven," "You'll Never Walk Alone" and "Ave Maria."

So, at least according to my PBS Tears in Heaven will be in the PBS broadcast.
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2011, 04:44PM »

Ok this is odd. I just got a description from my PBS:
"Vocalists Chloe Agnew, Lisa Kelly and Lisa Lambe and violinist Mairead Nesbitt perform classic Irish songs, pop anthems and inspirational songs. A dazzling array of visual and musical effects, including a 20-piece orchestra, 16-piece Atlanta Bagpipe Band and a 30-member children’s choir, enhance the grace and beauty of Celtic Woman. Selections include "Green Grow the Rushes," "Tears in Heaven," "You'll Never Walk Alone" and "Ave Maria."

So, at least according to my PBS Tears in Heaven will be in the PBS broadcast.

Not sure if that's right, but I hope so.  Not holding my breath though.  Smiley

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: