Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Believe Review/Comments WARNING: Spoilers possible!  (Read 11854 times)
klaxen

« on: December 03, 2011, 11:35PM »

Saw the show today 3 times on PBA in Atlanta (11am, 4pm and 8pm).  Overall the show came out great, probably one of the best so far.  The camera work and audio balance were perfect. 
One problem i noticed with the show though (at least on PBA) there was a noticable audio glitch during "Sailing". was this true in other broadcasts or was this unique to teh PBA broadcast?
Gail

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 11:43PM »

What was the glitch ?...............on the KOCE Los Angeles / Southern California broadcast, I did not notice any sound glitches.
Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 12:28AM »

There were a few glithces when I watched, but not during Sailing.

CelticWomanAddict
Total Fanatic

You'll Never Walk Alone

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 12:28AM »

The only thing I saw was that the blue light background sometimes clashed with their dresses a few times.My favorite part of the whole show was "Bridge Over Troubled Water"

Gerard

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 12:53AM »

A few backstage shots from the Atlanta pledge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG5rNzOJ11U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4eFAbq2xK0

BTW, what's the name of the song Chloe is singing in the second one ?
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 01:22AM »

Nocturne Smiley

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
David Knisely

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 02:49AM »

I heard a few brief but not terribly loud pops during some segments (courtesy our local PBS station), but otherwise, it sounded great.  In fact, I liked this live performance better than the Songs From the Heart performance.   The more I heard, the more I liked!  Now, I just absolutely can't wait until December 21st, when I hear them in Denver.
LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 06:59AM »

I watched the show on GPB and they had video problems. Every once in awhile, the show stopped, went black then came back on. It didn't last long but was very irritating.

One big, fun surprise: Lil Lambe and SPOOOONS!!!!!!!! Right now I can't remember the song but Lil Lambe had a brief spoon solo! It was funny because I saw Chloë reach into her cleavage and pull out a spoon. Lisa K. had the other one - I didn't see where hers came from!!! Cheesy

The show is fantastic! The girls looked like they were having a lot of fun. I don't remember the song, but there was a camera shot of David playing the whistle. I'll be watching the show again in 7 hours and 15 minutes!!

There were 2 kids - Nicole & Liam - from the Gwinnet Young Singers in the GPB studio. They described their experience with CW as "amazing" and "incredible". They said CW was "kind, talented, friendly, & amazing". Liam said his favorite is Máiréad because he likes the fiddle and he likes the way she plays. Nicole's is Lisa K. because "she treated me like I was special".

Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 10:28AM »

I loved all of it! It was an amazing show! Sailing, Bridge over Troubled Water, You'll never walk alone, Black is the Color, and the parting Glass really stick out to me, though I loved all of them!

CelticWomanAddict
Total Fanatic

You'll Never Walk Alone

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 07:13PM »

I had 3 sound "dropouts" with KET HD,I'm now watching CET HD to see if they occur here also

CelticWomanAddict
Total Fanatic

You'll Never Walk Alone

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2011, 07:15PM »

When they do closeups of Ray Fein playing the drums you can see writing on one of his drums,notes?  Grin Or maybe autographs of people
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 07:18PM by CelticWomanAddict » Logged

klaxen

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2011, 09:48PM »

i watched the GPB broadcast today and the audio glitch i heard in the PBA broadcast was not there, it must have been the local station.  In the PBA broadcast, right near the end of sailing there is a series of pops in the audio, like the audio was skipping.  Unfortunately, Everytime PBA plays the show now, the glitch is there now.... too bad they couldn't do a fresh "pledge drive recording" to fix the problem instead of showing the same pledge drive event everytime:-(
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 10:30PM »

Ha ha ha! CET messed up big time! When Lisa Lambe's A Spaceman was supposed to start, they accidentally started playing Teir Abhaile Riu again! It was funny!  Cheesy
CelticWomanAddict
Total Fanatic

You'll Never Walk Alone

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2011, 11:22PM »

Ha ha ha! CET messed up big time! When Lisa Lambe's A Spaceman was supposed to start, they accidentally started playing Teir Abhaile Riu again! It was funny!  Cheesy
Yeah,I saw that,for a minute I thought I was in the Groundhog Day movie  Grin

Gail

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 12:08AM »

I forgot to mention it last night in my praises about the concert..........David sounded GREAT on the irish flute ! ! ! ......very hauntingly pretty.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: