Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: December 16, 2011... The best Christmas concert ever!!  (Read 4014 times)
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« on: December 18, 2011, 04:23PM »

I have to begin this review by saying that of the 5 shows I’ve been to, this was, by far, the best one I have seen… for a few reasons, which I’ll get to in the review.
The day began around 3:45pm, when Destiny and Sarah arrived at my house.  Sarah had brought some really good cookies, so we snacked on those for a little bit and hung out.  We decided to leave around 4:45-5ish, which ended up being a good idea, since we got a little lost in downtown Minneapolis.  There was a lot of traffic, and downtown Minneapolis is just plain confusing... Anyway, we found the Irish Pub eventually and met up with Laura and Paul for dinner.  We just had appetizers since none of us was really hungry.  Then, around 7:40ish, we decided we’d better head over to Orchestra Hall, which was a few blocks away for the 8pm show.  We got there, and sat down.  About 10 minutes later, the orchestra came out and played Polar Express.  I think that’s what it was anyway…   Smiley  Then, the conductor left and… DAVID DOWNES came on to announce the show and the girls.  I turned to Destiny as soon as he walked on, and she was nodding.  The 6 of us in the front row started cheering wildly as soon as he walked on, and he looked over and acknowledged us, which was amazing!!  When we met him at the stage door after the show, he told us that he did see us throughout the show cheering.  Grin  He talked a little about how this was their very first Symphony Tour and about how excited they were.  Then he introduced John Page, who was an Irish conductor and a really good friend of his.  Then he said, “Please join me in welcoming the lovely and talented Mairead Nesbitt, Chloe Agnew, Lisa Kelly and Lisa Lambe.”  The 6 of us in the front row went completely wild and got a few annoyed looks from the people around us. (The rest of the audience was a complete and total dud…)  As David was making his speech at the beginning, I kept nudging Sarah and Destiny and whispering “Look!  It’s Mairead!”  She kept peeking out from behind the door at the side of the stage… it was adorable!!
Carol of the Bells The girls walked out, and the very first thing Laura and I did was start blowing major kisses to Lisa Kelly… we had to show her some love… <3.  This song was incredible!!!!  The girls had so much energy and really blew the song away… I couldn’t take my eyes off Lisa, just because of how much I love her, and I knew this would be my last time to see her live.  They all looked sooo gorgeous!!  Chloe had these 2 adorably gorgeous red clips in her hair, and she looked different to me… I don’t really know how to describe it.  Lil’ Lambe was having so much fun, and her curls were so bouncy! SMILE  It’s hard not to break out into a huge smile when you see her, especially when you’re front row center.  After the song was over, Laura, Sarah and I gave the girls a standing O, and blew a certain Lisa Kelly a bunch of kisses… which she saw and returned with her heart-melting smile.  
Silent Night Lisa Kelly and Lil’ Lambe left the stage, and Chloe started Silent Night.  My gosh… I have always loved Chloe’s voice, but she was just spot on that night… She hit every note perfectly and it was absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!  I was in heaven!!  I don’t even have words to describe how perfect it was…
White Christmas Chloe then starts her adorable intro, asking us if we were having fun… and of course, the 6 of us in the front row start cheering wildly, along with a few other audience members.  She was obviously surprised and said, “Wow, that’s the best response we’ve gotten so far on our tour.” Which, of course got an even bigger cheer.  The part that really cracked me up though was when she was talking about how they started their tour in California, then went to Florida, and coming here to the gray, gloomy skies and the cold weather really reminded them of home.  She always says the most adorable things.  Cheesy  This song absolutely blew me away… I was, of course, focused mostly on my favorite girl, and got a bunch more smiles and acknowledgments.  I even saw the smallest flicker of recognition in her eyes… like she knew who I was, which caused me to absolutely melt.  After this song was over, I looked over at Laura with my hand on my heart, and she whispered “I know…” Cue the first of my tears during this incredible night.
Away in a Manger All the girls left the stage, except Lil’ Lambe.  As soon as she started singing, I felt a tear slide down my cheek, which I didn’t even bother to wipe away.  I love love love her voice and how much emotion she puts into the song… She blew me away and reminded me just how much I love her.  I got a few smiles from her as well, which made my night.  Smiley
Ding Dong Merrily on High Lisa Kelly, Chloe and Mairead came back out, and proceeded to blow this song away!!  More smiles and waves from Lisa Kelly, which caused me to grab onto Sarah, to keep from passing out.  She seemed to be focusing 98% of her attention on us, which made the evening that much more special for us.  I was talking to Laura at intermission and asking, “Do you think maybe she recognizes us from our Facebook profile pictures?”  Because I saw recognition in her eyes…. They had so much fun with this song, and Lil’ Lambe was dancing and swaying with the music throughout the whole song, which kept causing me to think… “How adorable is she?”  At the end of the song, of course, Lisa Kelly got more kisses from Sarah, Laura and I, which she never failed to acknowledge.  There was one point (I don’t remember exactly when it was) that she made a kissing gesture to Laura, like, mwah, which got all of us super excited.
In case you haven’t noticed yet… a lot of my review will be focused on a certain Lisa Kelly… and how much love and attention we kept giving each other…
Shenandoah/The Butterfly Mairead came out and put so much emotion into Shenandoah… it was sooo gorgeous!!  As soon as she started The Butterfly, the 6 of us started clapping, and eventually the rest of the audience realized that they should be clapping too… The only unfortunate thing about performing with a Symphony, was that there wasn’t a whole lot of room for her to move around….I felt bad for her… But she did an incredible job!!!!  Of course, she got a standing O from us, and there was a guy in the row behind us who kept whispering “Are they really doing that?  Why do they keep standing?  What is their problem?”  Obviously some of the audience had no idea whose concert they were at… Roll Eyes
I’m not sure of the order of these next 2 songs… I’ve had the flu since yesterday morning, and can’t really remember….
The Christmas Song As soon as Lisa walked out on stage, I turned to Sarah and Laura and whispered “Uh oh…”  I was afraid I was gonna start crying again, which, of course, I did… Lisa told us the story about how she’s always loved Christmas and how, even though she was the oldest of 3 girls, she was always the first one downstairs Christmas morning to see if Santa had come.  (and I just have to say that the way she says Santa, in her Irish accent, is just adorable…) Then she said… “I’ll admit it… even now that I have 3 kids of my own, I’m always the first one downstairs on Christmas morning.”  And her laugh of course melted me into a puddle right there in the middle of the front row.  I was completely in awe as she was singing this and couldn’t take my eyes off her… There are no words to describe how perfectly she performed this song.
Christmas Pipes I have always loved this song, although I have to say, it didn’t sound the same without the choir.  Chloe had encouraged all of us at the beginning of the show to sing along, since she was positive we knew at least some of the songs… so I was singing to most of them, although during this song, I did find myself singing the choir’s part….  They had so much fun with this song, and their voices were so strong and gorgeous.  When Mairead had her solos, Lil’ Lambe would give her the cutest smile…  Smiley
Danny Boy Lil’ Lambe came out to the front of the stage as stagehands were bringing on stools and said, “In case you haven’t noticed, we Irish loved to sing.” (cue the cheer from the 6 of us in the front row). “This next song isn’t necessarily a Christmas song, but it’s one that we love to do… this is the gorgeous Danny Boy.”  At which point, Laura reached across, grabbed my hand and said “Yess!!  Here we go!!”  And what can I say?  The girls always do such an amazing job with this song.
O Holy Night As soon as they started this song, I got tears in my eyes again, because I knew the show was half over.  And this song was absolutely gorgeous!!  More love from Lisa Kelly… and I swear, she looked at me 98% of the time throughout the whole concert and gave me smiles and winks of recognition, which made my night.  There was an incredibly special moment between Lisa Kelly and I towards the end of the 2nd act, which I’ll get to in the next part of my review.  After this song was over, there were more kisses blown at Lisa Kelly and more smiles from her.  Then the girls left the stage, and it was time for intermission.
Second half of my review coming soon…..
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 04:28PM by IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3 » Logged

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 05:50PM »

INTERMISSION
After the lights came up, and we had just started to get up to stretch, we hear “How did you guys get front row seats?”  It was Mike from the April SFTH concert at the State Theatre in Minneapolis.  Well, of course we all got super excited and gave him a huge hug, introduced him to Laura and Paul and started to talk about the show.  Laura and I couldn’t stop talking about all the attention Lisa Kelly kept giving us, and we were completely in awe.  We had a discussion about how Lisa must have recognized us from our posts on her Facebook wall, because she did seem to recognize us.  There was also an empty seat right next to Paul, which we offered to Mike, so now there were 7 loyal fans right in the front row center, which was good, because I honestly don’t know what was up with the rest of the audience.  Destiny turned to me right before the first act started and said “We’re the youngest ones in the front row.”  I looked around, and it was true.  Which makes me wonder if everyone else with the good first couple row seats were season ticket holders to the MN Orchestra and had no idea even who these girls were…  Once we had settled back into our seats, Laura turned to Sarah and I and said “Here’s some toilet paper… in case you need it…” Since none of us had thought to bring Kleenex.  This turned out to be a really good idea as I could not stop bawling towards the end of the show.  Thank you so much Laura!!!!!!!!!! Love you!!!!
Second Act
The orchestra came back out and played Sleighride, which actually turned out to be one of the best parts of the show… Cheesy   The guy who was playing the whip could only get it to work part of the time… about every other time.  When he did get it to work, everyone cheered and he acknowledged us with a nod.  Then, at the very end of the song, he came out to the front of the stage and prepared himself for the final whip of the song.  When he got it, the audience went absolutely wild!!!!  We were all standing and cheering for him!  (Little sidenote: we actually met him as he was coming out the stage door at the end of the show).
Then David came back out to huge cheers from (now there were 7 of us) the front row.
In The Bleak Midwinter Mairead put so much emotion into this song as well, and it was absolutely gorgeous!!  She used all of the stage and made eye contact with a lot of the audience members.  I love watching her play!  Smiley
The First Noel I really liked how they transitioned into this song.  Mairead finished her song, and they just went right into this one.  I don’t remember who the first girl was who came out to sing this, but each girl would walk out the side door… stand by the piano, then move towards the center of the stage as the next girl was walking out.  It was really beautiful.  More love from Lisa Kelly… I couldn’t believe how much she was focusing on the 3 of us… It was heaven!!
Green The Whole Year Round Lil’ Lambe, Chloe and Mairead left the stage, and Lisa Kelly was standing right in front of me!!  Again, I had to grab onto Sarah to keep from completely freaking out.  She asked, “So, have you guys been singing along with us tonight?”  Cheers from the 7 of us… Then she smiled and said “Good, so your vocal chords are all warmed up?  Because I need your help on this song.”  She mentioned how they had recorded a Christmas DVD called A Christmas Celebration a few years ago (enter cheers from the 7 of us).  Once she heard us cheering, she stopped and said, “Oh, some of you have seen it, good!”  Then she went on the mention how David had written this gorgeous song for her called Green The Whole Year Round (enter more cheers from us) and again, she stopped, looked at us, and said “Oh, you guys know this song.. that’s good!”  She mentioned how she had a beautiful choir to back her up on the DVD, and how tonight, she had a beautiful Symphony backing her up, “But I couldn’t convince them to sing.”  This got a lot of smiled from the orchestra.  Then she said “If I teach you the words, would you sing with me?”  Sarah, Laura and I started cheering wildly.  So, Lisa taught us the words, and as she was teaching them to us, Sarah and I were singing along.  I noticed her look down right at us a few times, which almost made me faint.  Then we did a practice round, and she said, “Okay good… now at the end of the song, the key goes up, and if you don’t make the key change with me, it will sound horrible, so make sure you’re paying attention.”  And her giggle is just too adorable!!  So, then she started the song… cue more tears from me… and she even stopped singing at one point to see if we were actually singing… it was too cute!  Then, when the key went up, she held up her finger, and we all made the key change!!  YAY!!  During intermission, Laura, Sarah and I had decided that we were, of course going to give her a standing O after this song, but that we were all going to shout out at the same time as well “We love you Lisa!!”  Which, we tried, but I was bawling to hard, and it didn’t quite work.  However, just as she was walking off stage, we hear from next to us “We love you Lisa!!!!!!!!” from Mike. Cheesy  Oh, also during this song, and all the others where she was sending us all her love, there was a guy a few rows down to my left who kept leaning down in his chair almost as if to say “Who do the girls keep looking at and blowing kisses to?”
Granuaile’s Dance I have always loved this song, and as I was wiping away my tears from the previous song, Mairead came on and proceded to blow us all away!!  Again, there wasn’t much room for her to dance, which was disappointing, but she made do pretty well.  She did look at us a few times with a “Hey!  I know you!” expression which was adorable.  At one point, Sarah pokes me and points down to my right, and there’s Mike pretending to play the fiddle and just having a really good time.  It made me smile really big.  Mairead saw it too, and gave him a huge smile as well.  The 7 of us were the only ones clapping for this song out of the completely sold out theatre at Orchestra Hall, which was a bit annoying, but it was all the better that we were in the front row then I guess.  Of course, she got a standing O from us, and we got more annoyed looks and grumbles from the people behind us.
Auld Lang Syne Lil’ Lambe came on and introduced this song.  I don’t remember exactly what she said, but she mentioned how it’s a Scottish song about friendship and it’s usually sung by a number of people.  And usually when it’s sung, people cross their arms and hold hands with the people next to them and sway.  She demonstrated and invited us to try it, which Sarah, Destiny, Jenn and I did throughout the entire songs, and of course, we were the only ones.  I love love love Lil’ Lambe!!!!!!  She has the most gorgeous voice, and as Destiny, Sarah and I were discussing at my house after the show, she can sing anything.  She had a Scottish accent while she was singing, which was adorable, and at one point, she looked down into the front row, saw the 4 of us holding hands the way she had invited us to, and smiled at us.  Smiley  This song was absolutely beautiful and I didn’t want it to end.
Ave Maria: Just thinking about this song, I’m crying.  Chloe walked out with her mike in a mike stand, and blew me away!!!!!!!  I’ve always known she does a gorgeous job with this song, but seeing it live, and all the intensity she puts into it…. *speechless*  At one point, I closed my eyes to soak up every minute of this gorgeous song, and I opened my eyes with tears streaming out of them to see the angelic Ms. Agnew looking right at me.  This was my favorite song from the whole show!!!!!!!!!!!  I just have no words….
In between Ave Maria and YRMU when all the girls came back out onto the stage and Mairead had just started talking, I noticed that Lil’ Lambe was right in front of me, so I gave her a HUGE smile, and I got the most adorable “Hi!” from her… it was amazing!!!!!!
You Raise Me Up Mairead, Lisa Kelly and Lil’ Lambe came back onto the stage, and Mairead said something along the lines of “We’re nearing the end of our show, we will now take requests.” Which got a good laugh out of everyone.  I was looking over at Lisa Kelly, and she got this adorable confused look on her face, and staring at Mairead, shaking her head and mouthing “No, no, no….”  Random people were shouting out requests, and threw in there Fields Of Gold.  Mairead looked at all of us and said, “We’ll perform your requests, as long as it’s already the song we were going to sing next.”  This got a lot of laughs.  She continued, “This is a song that has been very close to our hearts since the beginning of Celtic Woman.”  She then started playing the intro to YRMU.  I knew right then and there that I was going to be in trouble.  For one, Chloe was almost right in front of me, and this had been an incredibly emotional night for me.  Plus I knew the show was almost over.  A couple seconds into the song, I feel my hand being squeezed, and I look over, and Sarah had caught my hand.  I looked a little farther over, and Laura and Sarah were holding hands as well.  That did it… As soon as Lisa Kelly started to sing the chorus, I burst.  Even writing this review now, I’m bawling.  I even had to lay my head on Sarah’s shoulder to keep from blubbering loudly and interrupting the beauty of the song.  I’ve always cried when I’ve heard these girls sing YRMU… on the SFTH DVD, on my CDs, and at the 4 SFTH live concerts I’ve been to, but for some reason, it completely wrecked me Friday night.  I was shaking and the tears were coming so hard and so fast.  I had promised myself I was going to control my tears, but all I could keep thinking was these girls mean the world to me, we won’t be seeing Lisa again for awhile… and finally my brain just stopped working and I was sobbing.  Thank you thank you thank you Sarah for grabbing onto my hand… I really needed that.  At one point, I saw Lisa Kelly look at me, and when she saw my tears, she gave me this really sweet smile, which caused me to cry even harder.  They must have been giving each other silent signals throughout the song, or something, because I noticed that all 4 of the girls looked at me at one point.  I honestly never thought I would get this emotional… I could barely breathe… It was hard for me to even hear the music.  Once the song was over, of course they deserved a standing O, so I gave it and still I couldn’t stop crying… I got the most gentle, motherly look from Lisa Kelly, just as I was starting to calm down, which caused the tears to start overflowing again.  After I blew my kisses to Lisa Kelly and after I cheered forever, I walked over to Laura, and have her a HUGE hug!!  She was sitting right next to Sarah, so I leaned over Sarah to give Laura a hug, and got some more annoyed looks and grumbles from the people behind me, but I was just thinking… I don’t care what you think , these girls mean everything to me and I need a hug!
Oh Come All Ye Faithful This song was absolutely gorgeous as well, and was the song during which Lisa Kelly and I shared the most incredibly special moment that will stay with me forever.  Since this song immediately followed YRMU, I still could not stop bawling, and I knew the show was almost over, and I was enjoying my last few moments with Lisa Kelly.  Anyway, she saw me bawling and kept giving me all these smiles almost as if she was trying to tell me, “It’s okay, you’re okay… I’m right here.”  Which of course, caused the tears to come even harder… I believe it was towards the middle of the song… one of the many times we made eye contact~ she looked at me and gave me this huge smile almost as if to say, “I’m here… you’re going to be okay.”  It was different than the millions of other smiles I had gotten from her throughout the night… this one had more love and encouragement in it.  After she send me that message, she looked away to sing to some other audience members, but I would not take my eyes off her, because I knew she was going to make eye contact with me again, and when she did about a minute later, I caught her eye, we held eye contact again, and I mouthed “Thank you!”  She obviously knew what I was thanking her for, because she gave me a nod of an acknowledgment and a “You’re welcome.”  That meant everything in the world to me, and I nudged Laura because I had to see if someone else had seen it, or if I was just imagining it.  I’m sorry everyone, but I honestly don’t remember a word or the music of any of this song… I just remember the incredibly special moment Lisa Kelly and I shared.  I’m sure the song was beautiful, but it was as if we were the only 2 in the room, and she had a message she wanted to get across to me, which was “Everything is going to be just fine.”  I’ve written her a fan letter and gotten a response in return, and she knows about my struggles with my depression and my eating disorder and I really do think she recognized me from my Facebook profile picture, and she really wanted me to know I was going to be okay.  Of course, I was the first one on my feet after this song was over blowing kiss after kiss to my beloved Lisa. <3  Which she returned and at that moment, I felt my heart leave my chest and even now, 2 days later, she still has it with her…
 After this song, the girls walked offstage 2 of them went off one way, and 2 of them went off the other way.  I could see Lil’ Lambe hanging out in the doorway right offstage.  After about 10 seconds they came back on, and I don’t remember who said it, but one of them said “We’re gonna do one more for you.”  And a lot of people in the audience were holding up 5 fingers… because we all wanted them to do more.  Chloe then said… “We want you to be Irish with us for this song…” and they started
Let it Snow They had so much fun with it too!!!!!  During the instrumental break in the middle, the girls spread out around the stage… Of course, I only had eyes for one of them, and I watched Lisa Kelly walk across the stage and sit down next to David at the piano and flirt with him for a little bit.  Because the girls were having so much fun, it was hard for me not to.  Sarah, Laura and I were swaying back and forth and enjoying ourselves, and we noticed the girls saw us, and I’m sure that made them happy that we were enjoying ourselves as well.  When the song was over, more kisses to the wonderful Lisa Kelly, and we all shouted “We love you David!!”  Then, the girls were gone and it was time to think about heading home.
I do have one more part of the review, which is our experience at the stage door, and the very special person we met, but I wanted to get this part up… The end of my review will come soon….
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 05:52PM by IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3 » Logged

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 06:15PM »

After the show, of course, we had to get a picture with our forum family… We asked one of the security guards, who was standing right by the stage if he would take a picture of us, which he said he would.  He was actually really friendly.  Smiley  He took a picture with someone’s camera (I don’t remember whose it was… then he started to look around like he was going to go talk to someone else, but we were all like “Wait! Wait!” there’s more cameras.  He was really nice about it and took a picture with everyone’s camera… except Jenn’s, cause hers turned off..   :(Then we all decided to go hang out by the stage door to see if we could catch a glimpse of anyone….
 We saw some of the security and orchestra people walk out… Because Laura and I were both wearing dresses, we were absolutely freezing… and just as we were about ready to give up, I notice 2 people walking down the steps towards the door, and I start freaking out… one of them was John Page, the conductor and the other one was…… wait for it…….. MR. DAVID DOWNES!!!!!  I start freaking out, and I’m like “Guys! Guys!  It’s David!!!!!”  Sarah is the first one to the door and asks for his autograph… so of course the rest of us ask him too… then Sarah asks if she could get a picture with him, and he says sure.  So I ask, “Can I get one too?”  He says they really need to get going, because they have a long journey ahead of them, and I apologize and say “Oh, I’m sorry.”  He was really sweet about it, and said, “No, it’s okay.”  So I got a picture with my hero, which was thrilling for me!!!!!  I even got the chance to tell him he was my hero, and he was really modest about it and said something like “I’m really not that special or important” or something like that… To which I had to reply, “Of course you are.”  Then, after he left, we went back and forth between the 2 stage doors, for about an hour, but sadly, we didn’t see any of the girls… We did see their buses though, and we figured they were probably already on their buses relaxing.  About 20 minutes after we started driving back to my house though, I did get a tweet from Lisa Kelly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is more that I want to say… but I’ve been sitting up at this computer for awhile, and am super weak, having not eaten anything since Friday night… Thank you flu….I’ll put up my pics and more review tidbits tomorrow… Oh, one more thing... as soon as we stepped outside, it started to snow, so I tweeted the girls and said "All we needed was for you girls to come sing in Minneapolis... It's finally starting to snow...." Smiley

« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 06:19PM by IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3 » Logged

Thanks Scott! 
John910

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 11:58PM »

Great review. Smiley
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 02:17AM »

This review is the most touching I've ever read  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked I really love your special moment, your smiles, with Lisa. She will be missed by everyone... Cry
Thank you so much for this review Wink

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 12:55PM »

One thing I fogot to add... during Let It Snow! Chloe said her "You tell em Lise!" line...
It was really quiet though... you wouldn't have known she had said it unless you were either in the front row, or you were a true fan, and you were watching/waiting for it... it was adorable though Smiley

Thanks Scott! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: