Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Believe DVD/CD; I just got ‘um!  (Read 15974 times)
GeorgeN

« on: December 19, 2011, 05:21PM »

"Believe" DVD & CD just arrived in today’s mail.  Grin

Guess what we will be doing at our house tonight! Crank up the HDTV and five-channel SurroundSound system.

Thanks WXXI for sending these disks so soon….. now please send the tickets for the concert. (Yes I know that the tixs come just before the concert). Interestingly, WXXI did not even list these disks on their website. They said GJ would come with the tickets, so I backed off from buying the tickets. They actually called me at home while I watching the show on my local PBS. When I told them why I had backed off from placing the on-line order they said they had no problem sending the Believe disks along with the concert tickets..... and they are here already!

BTW, there is a “The making of Believe” section on the DVD, as could be expected. I will enjoy watching this since I missed the chance to go to Atlanta. I had already paid for another vacation just before they announced the filming, so I was unable to go (without loosing a few grand on the other vacation).

GeorgeN
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 06:40PM »

Oh wow, now I am even MORE jealous!  It's really strange how sometimes stations are able to send out the disks before the release date, and other times you have to wait for the release date even when pledging.  I wonder how that is determined!  LOL

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you have received yours, and maybe some others will be getting them early as well!  As for me, financially I could not have made the pledge to get them from the PBS station, so I'll be waiting for January 24th to get here very anxiously!
RickOShea

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 02:26PM »

Woo Hoo !!!

Mine just got delivered. Grin

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 02:38PM »

Jealous! *groans in longing* So how's my favorite song, My Heart Was Home Again?
GeorgeN

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 03:38PM »

Oh wow, now I am even MORE jealous! .....

I drove my truck around for an extra hour just so I could listen to the Believe CD a second time!  Wink

GeorgeN
greenfire6
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 05:11PM »

I drove my truck around for an extra hour just so I could listen to the Believe CD a second time!  Wink
GeorgeN

Hmmm, taking the loooong way home with Celtic Woman, eh? Tsk, tsk, tsk... Cheesy

LOL! 9 out of 10 mental health clinics agree- Classic behavior of the faithful!  Wink Grin

Meanwhile I too wait for 24 January and the arrival of my pre-order.

Gota' go now. The nice people that take care of me say my straight jacket is out of the laundry.   Roll Eyes
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 10:44PM »

Gota' go now. The nice people that take care of me say my straight jacket is out of the laundry.   Roll Eyes

Wait just one minute! They actually wash yours?!  Shocked Lol!
bot1tle
Total Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2011, 09:00AM »

I just received my shipment.....Only received the DVD..... anyone have an answer why there wasn't a CD....HuhHuh
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2011, 09:26AM »

I also recieved just a DVD from Atlanta. I thought a CD was also supposed to be included.

But last Saturday I got both a DVD and CD from the Albany pledge. It seems those NY PBS stations are on the ball with good deliveries well in time for Christmas!

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2011, 11:58AM »

Mine hasn't come yet, so looks like it's not going to be here for Christmas.  However, I did get this screen shot of me just below Lisa Kelly's chin in this dissolving shot captured off Youtube:

Several other of our forum members caught in this one!  Cool

Lugiahua

"Goodnight and joy be to you all" - Parting Glass

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2011, 06:22PM »

haven't got mine yet...hope I will have it before heading to Ireland in Jan.  Wink
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2011, 07:40PM »

Mine hasn't come yet, so looks like it's not going to be here for Christmas.  However, I did get this screen shot of me just below Lisa Kelly's chin in this dissolving shot captured off Youtube:
That would be a great pic for you to print and get autographed by Lisa. But I wonder how it will look printed out. I once tried printing such a fade in / out pic of Lisa & Lynn and it just didn't look right. You have to get it at exactly the correct moment.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2011, 10:13PM »

That would be a great pic for you to print and get autographed by Lisa. But I wonder how it will look printed out. I once tried printing such a fade in / out pic of Lisa & Lynn and it just didn't look right. You have to get it at exactly the correct moment.

I've got some time to solve that problem, as it will be a long time before I get a chance to see Lisa for an autograph again!  Cry

Jack

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2011, 09:13AM »

Call from the PO----Atlanta PBA30, DVD only.  Thought they had promised both, but when I reviewed the thank-you letter it stated only that the DVD would arrive under separate cover.  Guess I'll have to cough up the extra few bucks for the CD, since SCETV only offers CD's, DVD's with packages other than M&G.  The DVD player will be humming tonight!  Cheesy
Artist1

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2011, 08:31PM »

After getting the DVD today and watching it for the first time since I was at the show taping I realized how much I'll miss Lisa Kelly next year. I'll be in Birmingham front row as usual though, Feb. 11th.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: