Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celtic Woman China Tour... What happened?  (Read 8716 times)
celticgirl93

« on: January 05, 2012, 09:49PM »

Hello everyone! I wanted to ask if anyone knows what happened to Celtic Woman touring China? They never really stated that they cancelled it and it was suppose to start tomorrow. I'm so baffeled by this and wondered if anyone could answer this for me. When I look up info on google i do get certain sites that show celtic woman plan a tour in January and even the Celtic woman page with the tour dates:
http://www.celticwoman.com/china-tour-dates/
http://www.jollybeijing.com/Ad_Topic3.aspx
http://en.piao.com.cn/shanghai/dispengnews.asp?id=4867

I am sorry if this has been discussed before but I just wanted to know what happened Smiley Thanks! Cheesy
MarcusWongAUS
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 12:06AM »

Yeah, I was wondering that as well. None of the girls have mentioned anything about it. In fact they seem quite snug at home. I don't know, they usually mention something about packing, flying, excitement. It might have been cancelled. The dates were removed from the tour dates page on the CW website although there is still mention of it somewhere on the website.

I have no idea what to make of the situation. If they do end up going it'll have to be within about four or five hours.

26/6/10 Westfield Penrith
23/10/10 Sydney Entertainment Centre
21/12/11 Boettcher Concert Hall
18/8/12 Macquarie Centre
17/1/14 Sydney Entertainment Centre
9/2/18 Darling Harbour Theatre
Maloney
Featured Soloist

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 12:15AM »

Purely speculation....  think that arrangements were made prior to Lisa's pregnancy.

=)  yes!! We got to go ! 
Then there was Atlanta !
MarcusWongAUS
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 01:42AM »

I think it was but I thought someone (I think it was Scott-could have been someone else) said Lisa K would be able to perform on the China Tour.

My best theory is that the tour had to be cancelled because Lisa K's pregnancy will be a problem due to unforeseen circumstances (maybe she doesn't feel up to it). I don't know but if it was for private reasons it would explain a lack of announcement however I don't want to pry.

26/6/10 Westfield Penrith
23/10/10 Sydney Entertainment Centre
21/12/11 Boettcher Concert Hall
18/8/12 Macquarie Centre
17/1/14 Sydney Entertainment Centre
9/2/18 Darling Harbour Theatre
LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 06:20AM »

Thank you for asking this. I asked Scott awhile back if the tour was still on but he never said anything. Lisa was going to do the China tour. I am curious as to what happened.

TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 09:45AM »

Two Chinese ticket websites have listed the Shanghai show as "cancelled".  I can't find the other one, but if you look at this one and scroll down to where it says "Celtic Woman", you'll see that it says "cancelled" right next to it.  I'll admit, I found out about that a few weeks ago, but I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt, and most importantly, I wanted Scott Porter to confirm it.

Looking at it today though, it really does look like the tour got cancelled.  If you go by U.S time, the tour is supposed to start today.  However, if you consider Chinese time, it's currently forty-five minutes till midnight as of now which means that Celtic Woman would have already performed their first show.  Also, the girls made no indication or excited tweets concerning this tour like they have with their others.  If Lisa K. couldn't tour due to her pregancy, I can perfectly understand why they would cancel.  What I don't understand is why Scott Porter never publicly announced the cancellation, but I guess it shouldn't matter as long as the Chinese people knew about it (which it appears they do).

EDIT: The website now says "out of date"
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 12:10PM by TheWhite~Rose » Logged
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 12:36PM »

This is just my opinion. I think this is logical though.

First, Lisa K shouldnt be flying long distances, esp over the pacific, while pregnant. If some emergency would occur, she could be hours from medical help. Granted the chances of that might be small, but why take a risk? People's lives are at risk. Its not like just a few dollars lost if things go bad.

So that leaves one alternative. Have Susan fill in and do the China shows. But there are several problems, First, with the timing of the Christmas tour as it was, plus the Christmas holiday and new years, the group, with Susan,  just didn't have enough time to practice together. Second, it would mean that Susan would have to learn both Songs from the Heart AND Belive. Why learn and spend a lot of time practicing SftH for a handful of shows  if only a month later she has to be up to speed on Believe?! CW was between a rock and a hard place here! Even if they adapt and do Believe in China so Susan only has to learn that, its still way too much. Just not enough time to get this done. Plus, we don't know what Susan's contract committments are. She may even be unavailable and still committed to some other show until some time in mid January. Plus does she even have the appropriate passports and such for China? Remember China is still a Communist Dictatorship! The other ladies have been there before so it might be a fair assumption that whatever paperwork, and however long it took to get done, is still good. But what about Susan, or whoever the replacement might be? Rememeber that Nick the drummer didn't tour Canada a few years ago but when they hit the USA there he was! CW didn't explain (at least I dont rememebr one).

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
celticgirl93

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 03:31PM »

I get that Lisa is pregnant and that she cannot tour long distances. I am asking myself why was it never publically announced. That would have been nice of Scott or anyone from Celtic Woman to say something about the China tour being cancelled. Would have been nice.
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 03:46PM »

Maybe Scott can't speak Chinese.
LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 05:01PM »

I get that Lisa is pregnant and that she cannot tour long distances. I am asking myself why was it never publically announced. That would have been nice of Scott or anyone from Celtic Woman to say something about the China tour being cancelled. Would have been nice.
Lisa was in Japan I believe when she was pregnant with Ellie. Considering that both Scott and CW have been asked about the tour, an announcement should have been made by now. Not saying that they have to answer to the fans but I agree with celticgirl93 that it would have been nice.

barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 06:44PM »

hmmmm? I do agree that an announcement would have been nice to keep the fans informed concert cancelled or not? I am pretty sure the main concentration now is the Believe tour and being home w family since they got back 2 days before christmas and won't be home for a very long time once the tour starts.  I'm sure they want  to spend as much times w them as possible.  I couldn't imagine how hard it would be being away from my family for that amount of time and distance Sad

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 09:12PM »

Lisa was in Japan I believe when she was pregnant with Ellie. Considering that both Scott and CW have been asked about the tour, an announcement should have been made by now. Not saying that they have to answer to the fans but I agree with celticgirl93 that it would have been nice.

It depends on the pregnancy and how far along you are in it as to whether or not you can or should fly and how far. Many airlines have rules about how how far from your due date you can be before they'll let you on their plane. I don't think we've got any Chinese members currently active on the forum so we honestly have no idea what the ticket holders were told and they're the ones that would have gotten any announcement about what happened and why.

aislin
greenfire6
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 09:14PM »

Lisa was in Japan I believe when she was pregnant with Ellie.

Ellie and her SuperMom     Japan     fall 2007

The other adult in the image is a "stage hand" who put this picture on the internet. Sorry I don't know that persons name.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 05:23PM by greenfire6 » Logged
Jack

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2012, 09:38PM »

Wow!!  There is that gorgeous "red" dress again!  Great memories!  I know----O/T. Tongue

Maybe it had to do with ticket sales, or as someone else alluded, bureaucratic red tape.  I'm sure the girls didn't mind----they need a break.
LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2012, 06:24AM »

O/T: Nice pic greenfire6 - I wondered where it was taken. I actually was thinking of the Japan video where they performed outside in front of a temple in Kyoto. This was sometime between Nov. 26 & Dec 1. 2007. Here's the link for the video - it's in Japanese with a short interview first: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTg4NTA5MzI.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: