Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Woman/Women  (Read 6218 times)
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 02:14AM »

The Woman/women thing doesn't bother me that much when someone says "Celtic Women."  Although to people who haven't heard of CW, when I tell them about Celtic Woman, I have to explain that it's a group, and the reason for the name, because they think it's one person lol.  The Celtic/Seltic thing is kind of annoying at times.

As for mispronouncing Mairead's name, I totally understand that.  It took me a couple months before I knew how to pronounce it right.  At first I thought it was May-reed!  LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!  And as for the TV hosts mispronouncing it or making the little mistakes, it doesn't bother me that much.  It kinda makes me laugh lol.  Sometimes I like their little slip-ups, because it makes them more human.  But of course, asking the girls to introduce themselves is a good idea, especially for new fans or people who have never heard of them before (as well as the hosts).

RoAR
Honorary Roadie

It's far beyond the stars...

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 09:56AM »

As for mispronouncing Mairead's name, I totally understand that.  It took me a couple months before I knew how to pronounce it right.  At first I thought it was May-reed!  LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! 
LOL I used to call her "My-reed" Cheesy

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 05:01AM »

As for mispronouncing Mairead's name, I totally understand that.  It took me a couple months before I knew how to pronounce it right.  At first I thought it was May-reed!  LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! 
LOL I used to call her "My-reed" Cheesy

Hahahaha!  Smiley

Wyle_E
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2012, 05:06PM »

... What really gets me is when be say Celtic as "Seltic"! That drives me NUTS!!!!  Angry

Blame the Boston basketball fans.

On May 8, I'M GONNA MEET MAIREAD and Lisa, and Susan, and Mairead C.!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: