Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When Messages Time Out  (Read 14860 times)
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« on: January 12, 2012, 05:26PM »

Hello. This problem doesn't happen to me often and I'm sure that there are ways around this. Sometimes I'm typing a long reply to a thread and my account logs out. When I log back in, the entire message is lost. Is there a way to recover it? Normally if I sense this coming, I'll copy the message before I post it so I can paste it back into the place after I log back on. Now is there a way to avoid losing the message at all?

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 09:13PM »

The obvious answer is when you log in to your account, set it to remain logged in permanently.  That way it will not time out on you and you will not lose anything that you are working on.  You still have the option of manually logging out when you are finished, it simply eliminates being stuck with a "countdown."
greenfire6
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 01:51AM »

The obvious answer is when you log in to your account, set it to remain logged in permanently.  That way it will not time out on you and you will not lose anything that you are working on.  You still have the option of manually logging out when you are finished, it simply eliminates being stuck with a "countdown."

Bravo hespirt!

The solution very well described...
Jack

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 07:13AM »

I am still working with stone tablets, but---- Cheesy

My solution is to draft my message on a word processor, massage it, save it, then copy and paste it as a reply, inserting quotes, pix, etc as needed.  That will also usually dodge the hassle of "someone else has posted--, do you wish" maneuvering.
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 12:14PM »

I guess I don't know how to do that simple thing or I'm lazy in some way.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 09:26PM »

I guess I don't know how to do that simple thing or I'm lazy in some way.

Hehe, nah. The box that you check to always stay logged in isn't in the log in form up top. If you use the log in that is on the bottom of the forum or click log in from the menu you'll see the check box for Always stay logged in.

aislin
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 06:58PM »

Thank you for that information.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 10:19PM »

I have received a couple message time out errors too. But the thing is, I wasn't on very long, and the overall system didn't kick me off. It just sort of deleted what I typed in to that thread. I remained logged on. These were very short posts too, not like the books I used to write in the past!  Cheesy   Shocked

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 11:40AM »

What about the first Meav forum? Did that happen after the day we posted there? My eyes are simply visual.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 02:05PM »

What about the first Meav forum? Did that happen after the day we posted there? My eyes are simply visual.

I only keep up with this forum so I wouldn't know. I'd try asking someone there.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: