Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you know the first Deirdre appearance?  (Read 5627 times)
CWFans

« on: January 21, 2012, 07:47AM »

I'm sorry if I'm not too up to date about Celtic Woman.
Or maybe I haven't had the full album.
But can you guys please tell me in what/which album did Deirdre Shannon contribute?
Hannahlmatt
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 07:54AM »

She wasn't on any album (she's in the documentary on The Greatest Journey DVD, though). She filled in for Meav while she was on maternity leave in 2005 and left in 2006 when Meav came back.

CWFans

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 07:57AM »

But in the Greates Journey still I heard the Meav's voice, am I wrong?

And also, what song in that album did Deirdre contribute?
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 09:14AM »

But in the Greates Journey still I heard the Meav's voice, am I wrong?

And also, what song in that album did Deirdre contribute?

She didn't recorded an album with Celtic Woman. The Greatest Journey DVD has as Bonus a documentary about Celtic Woman (2004 - 2008), that why Deirdre is in the DVD Smiley. However there's a concert of Celtic Woman recorded by RTE.IE in The Point in Dublin in 2006, Deirdre sings the Meav's part and songs.

You could find the link there :
http://www.celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=530.0
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 09:16AM by Dinozzzo » Logged

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 02:16PM »

Hannah is correct, Deirdre did not record any performances with Celtic Woman, therefore she will not be found in the performance portion of any of the Celtic Woman CDs or DVDs.  Her only appearance, as mentioned by Hannah, is on the Special Features portion of  "The Greatest Journey" DVD.

Also, on a personal note, please keep in mind that proper usage is "Méav" and not "the Méav."  I'm not sure if this was being said because of a translation error if someone is not a native English speaker, but for a person's name there is no "the" in front of it.
CWFans

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 09:25PM »

Hannah is correct, Deirdre did not record any performances with Celtic Woman, therefore she will not be found in the performance portion of any of the Celtic Woman CDs or DVDs.  Her only appearance, as mentioned by Hannah, is on the Special Features portion of  "The Greatest Journey" DVD.

Also, on a personal note, please keep in mind that proper usage is "Méav" and not "the Méav."  I'm not sure if this was being said because of a translation error if someone is not a native English speaker, but for a person's name there is no "the" in front of it.

Thank for the information guys. But speaking of the grammar, is my grammar correct?
I'm also not a native English speaker.
 Grin
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 12:58AM »

Thank for the information guys. But speaking of the grammar, is my grammar correct?
I'm also not a native English speaker.
 Grin

The only thing I've noticed was the part I mentioned about saying "the Meav" instead of just "Meav."  It's not a huge problem, and I don't mean to sound like the grammar police, it was just something I noticed and thought I would point out since it had been said a couple of times.  I was pretty sure that Dinozzzo was not a native English speaker from other posts, and I thought maybe that was true of you before.  Your English grammar is not bad at all, though.
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 06:58AM »

Oh Embarrassed thanks Cheesy ! I will be careful now.

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
corona79

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 07:53PM »

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/inconcert/1098414.html  only goes back to July of 2006 - no Celtic Woman recording there now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: