Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Believe: Full album listen  (Read 6438 times)
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 09:25AM »

On "Teir Adbhaile Riu", it sounds as if Michael Pat's parts are taken over by Mairead & the choir.

Not only that, but I can't hear Lisa Lambe's spoons. Too bad.  Sad
I really think that Teir Abhaile Riu should've been one of the live tracks. Its SOOOOOOOOOO much better on the dvd!
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 10:28AM »

On "Teir Adbhaile Riu", it sounds as if Michael Pat's parts are taken over by Mairead & the choir.

Not only that, but I can't hear Lisa Lambe's spoons. Too bad.  Sad
I really think that Teir Abhaile Riu should've been one of the live tracks. Its SOOOOOOOOOO much better on the dvd!
Agreed.  Lisa's spoons and Michael's dance added a lot of excitement to the song. It's a shame they were removed. Sad
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 07:12AM by TheWhite~Rose » Logged
RoAR
Honorary Roadie

It's far beyond the stars...

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2012, 01:01AM »

Does anyone know if the live version will be on the...special edition? Deluxe cd?

LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2012, 06:55AM »

I think "Teir Adbhaile Riu" is a visual song...the spoons, Michael Pat's dancing, the girls dancing, etc. I like the CD version because in my mind I can "see" Michael Pat dancing & Lisa playing the spoons - I don't necessarily have to hear it on the CD. But that's just me. Smiley

I like Eoghan's bass part in "The Foxhunter", the extra brass in "Sailing", and the voice echoes on "Follow On" & "Nocturne". Wink Cool

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2012, 08:04AM »

I think "Teir Adbhaile Riu" is a visual song...the spoons, Michael Pat's dancing, the girls dancing, etc. I like the CD version because in my mind I can "see" Michael Pat dancing & Lisa playing the spoons - I don't necessarily have to hear it on the CD. But that's just me. Smiley
Agreed. I can as well. I just think it would've been better on the cd were it recorded like At The Ceili was on ANJ.

Btw. Chloe on Nocturne = PURE MAGIC!!! Every single time I hear her sing that song I get goosebumps and shivers! Its so mesmerizing! And the director deserves major props too! The part where she sings "We can fly, claim the sky, we don't have to wonder why" while spinning in a circle, arms outstretched, was perfectly shot! between Chloe's natural beauty, the amazing lighting (thank you Tom!), the gorgeous theatre, getting to see the audience all around and below Chloe while also having the camera move around above them all, and the beautiful music itself! Oh!!! *shudders* That part gets me every time!

I hope when I pledged I got front row center just so I can see Chloe perform that part! LOVE YOU CHLOE!!!
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2012, 12:10PM »

As someone listening to Nocturne right now, yup shivers.

I noticed "Green Grow the Rushes" isn't on there. Is it on one of the versions of the CD's in stores and/or the DVD?

Barnes and Noble has it, as well as Smile. http://music.barnesandnoble.com/Believe/Celtic-Woman/e/5099995543123

I've been listening to Believe all day because I'm starting the before the concert month long fast tomorrow. Well, it is starting a day late but...
kirstie_x
Bodhrán Player

Fill the glasses one more time!

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2012, 12:12PM »

aw, reading these comments, and being gutted... cant get the CD in the uk yet Sad!
playing on aol tho!:D

All I ask is that you want me as a friend  Kiss
Celtic Woman Home For Christmas August 7th 2013-best night of my life Smiley

Thanks, ShiningBright Smiley
Ben the piper
Bodhrán Player

There can be miracles, when you believe!

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2012, 12:16PM »

aw, reading these comments, and being gutted... cant get the CD in the uk yet Sad!
playing on aol tho!:D

Well Kirstie Scott Porter said it will be avialable in Europe in March but the CD is going to be a special edition Smiley

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: