Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SOLD OUT - Celtic Woman - SOLD OUT  (Read 8109 times)
TrueCelticWomanMusicLover
« on: April 12, 2007, 07:01PM »

SOLD OUT - Celtic Woman - SOLD OUT
Performances:
   Friday, April 13 @ 8:00 PM
   Saturday, April 14 @ 8:00 PM

Both Performances of Celtic Woman are SOLD OUT.

Celtic Woman features the very special talents of four Irish female vocalists and a very exciting fiddle player. The four women vocalists, Chloe, Lisa, Méav and Orla and fiddle player Mairead with Composer & Musical Director, David Downes, have created a wonderful musical experience. Celtic Woman portrays the unique voices and styles of each of the girls as soloists as well as fantastic ensemble numbers.

The Chairman & CEO of Celtic Woman, Dave Kavanagh, has together with EMI developed Celtic Woman into an International success.

Celtic Woman have made a powerful impact on U.S. audiences since their March 2005 debut. Among their noteworthy achievements:

Their first PBS special aired over 3400 times on 316 PBS stations nationwide since its March 2005 debut.

Their self-titled debut CD and DVD have been certified platinum in the US

They have played four hugely successful U.S. concert tours, including sold-out shows at Radio City Music Hall, Carnagie Hall, Boston’s Opera House and the Greek Theatre in LA.

Between their self-titled debut album and ‘A Christmas Celebration,’ Celtic Woman has held the #1 position on the Billboard World Music chart for over 95 consecutive weeks.

They have appeared on The Today Show, Live with Regis & Kelly, The Megan Mullaly show and on Brian Boitano’s Skating Spectacular that aired on NBC on New Year’s Day 2007.

Internationally, Celtic Woman’s debut CD has gone platinum in South Africa and A Christmas Celebration has been certified gold, the DVD has been certified gold in Australia and the CD has been certified gold in Japan. Germany, Canada & New Zealand are also very strong markets for us.

It’s now time to take A NEW JOURNEY with Celtic Woman!

The female Irish ensemble of angelic voices recorded a brand new studio album offering the signature Celtic Woman sound that has had a huge impact not only in the US but in many countries around the world including Japan, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa & Germany etc. The repertoire is an unforgettable collection of contemporary hits (“Beyond the Sea,” “The Prayer,” “Scarborough Fair,” “Over the Rainbow”), classical favorites (“Lascia Ch’io Pianga,” “Vivaldi’s Rain”), and Irish standards (“Dúlaman,” “At the Ceili,” “Caledonia,” “Mo Ghile Mear”).

With the debut of their first PBS TV special in March 2005, Celtic Woman has since gone on to become a public television sensation. To date, that original program has aired over 3400 times on 316 PBS stations, a total of 93% of the PBS stations in America making it one of the most successful PBS fundraising shows in the past year.

Celtic Woman’s new TV special - A New Journey, Live at Slane Castle - premiered December 2, 2006 on PBS with more than 90% of all PBS stations on board to broadcast the special during the December pledge period, exceeding the group’s previous success on PBS. The live concert was filmed at Slane Castle, the home of Lord Henry Mount Charles, in County Meath, Ireland (a venue that has also hosted concerts by U2, The Rolling Stones, and Bruce Springsteen).
musiclover

Ladies Of Love, Life, and Voice

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 07:32PM »

That's awesome. Hope you are going to see them. Cheesy

Love can not make the heart content
If the soul is restless.

copyright 1993
                    Blue Love
Meldy

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 03:48PM »

They did it!  Too bad for those who didn't get tickets Sad

Banner by:  Scott
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 01:51PM »

I hope we can make a solution for now. Smiley

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Moscapoet
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 02:24PM »

I'll bet that won't be the only venue sold out!!!
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 02:26PM »

Um.....  That was from the spring 2007 tour.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 03:01PM »

So, we can wait for this year's? Roll Eyes

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 03:27PM »

Whew...for a minute there I thought I was in a TIMEWARP again

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Moscapoet
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 03:51PM »

OK, I'll read the date next time  Roll Eyes. However, I'll bet that they sell out a few venues on this tour too. 
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 06:33PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Its ok to go into a time warp, just stay out of the evil parallel universe where evil Lisa rules the world and Rich has a beard and does her biding  Wink Thats just a little Star Trek humor there, some would say VERY little, and ask "Are you funny in this parallel universe, because you aren't in this one here and now?"

ok getting seriously back on topic to something I have been thinking about. From what I understand, PBS controls all the ticket sales, at least I know its that way here. I have not seen anything about any ticket sales outside PBS pledging. Will they eventually sell them, how should I say this, at large where pledges are not required, or will pledges be absolutely required for the purchase of tickets? When you think about it, the pledge actually doubles (maybe even triples) the price of the ticket. We hard core fans will pay just about any price, but will more casual fans hand over that kind of money to see the girls? I cant see them selling out larger venues under these circumstances.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 07:16PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Its ok to go into a time warp, just stay out of the evil parallel universe where evil Lisa rules the world and Rich has a beard and does her biding  Wink Thats just a little Star Trek humor there, some would say VERY little, and ask "Are you funny in this parallel universe, because you aren't in this one here and now?"

ok getting seriously back on topic to something I have been thinking about. From what I understand, PBS controls all the ticket sales, at least I know its that way here. I have not seen anything about any ticket sales outside PBS pledging. Will they eventually sell them, how should I say this, at large where pledges are not required, or will pledges be absolutely required for the purchase of tickets? When you think about it, the pledge actually doubles (maybe even triples) the price of the ticket. We hard core fans will pay just about any price, but will more casual fans hand over that kind of money to see the girls? I cant see them selling out larger venues under these circumstances.

I bought my tix for Jacksonville via Ticketmaster.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 12:40AM »

You are correct. I just looked it up on ticketmaster for the local venue and its there now. Thinking back, I guess some time has passed since my last look at that. Time flies doesnt it!? I will also check sundays paper and see if they are now on the upcoming concert list. They were not last time they listed the march concerts.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Maggie
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2008, 03:55AM »

Glad you cleared that up Rich!

I was in Louisville on Friday 13th April.....and it was wonderful!

We met Máiréad and Chloë afterwards.

Stayed on a beautiful horse farm for 3 days......what more could I wish for?

Aria

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2008, 08:20PM »

Hey, Maggie, I was there on the 13th too!

I'll bet they sell out again this year! I'll be at the Palace on April 1!

Wish I could do the meet and greet, but I'm just so happy to be going to my 3rd concert! CDs and DVDs are great, but there is nothing to compare to seeing Celtic Woman live!
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2008, 08:29PM »

Oh, isn't that the truth?

I'm attending my second live concert in March, not meet & greet this time, unless I have an amazing stroke of luck (yes, I've put the word out that I'm looking, I just don't expect anything to come of it).

I will miss being up that close, and definitely will miss the chance to meet any of the ladies personally, but when it all is said and done, I will STILL BE THERE!

That's where you can't go wrong!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: