Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The show at BJCC in Birmingham, Al.  (Read 5089 times)
thetowerkeeper

« on: May 27, 2012, 11:54AM »

Well here we go. Got there early to spend money. Had a good time, but NO COFFEE to be had in the place. Well the show starts.
they get to the song that has Green in the title(sorry don't have the CD with me at present) and Chloe gets us involved, you know back in forth deal. Then the Spaceman song with Lisa, well that was just right over the top. Then the final song where Meraide is turning that fiddle every which way but loose. Well They don't get half way through and we are on our feet singing,clapping and in short just going wild and enjoying ourselves.
While this was going on you could almost touch the energy that was flowing between Them and us. No one wanted it to end..
When it finaly does Chloe tells us that we were the only ones that have done that.
I was setting in the second row from the stage and just got totaly blown away by what happened next.
Lisa L comes over to the part of the stage and stoops down and waves at a little girl that was setting with her family in front of me!!!
Now just how COOL is that?
This is what I ment about groups interacting with their fans.
If you could have seen the look on that little girls face. I bet she is still glowing and talking about it!
It is things like this that I will always be a fan of theirs.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 11:34AM by thetowerkeeper » Logged
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 12:09PM »

Thank you for that review.  Yes, the ladies know how to interact with their fans!  I have seen it many times.  They tell us they "feed" off the energy we give them.
Blown kisses, waves, winks, smiles, hugs, maybe sitting in someone's lap  Wink -- they are just the greatest group EVER!
Wife2CWFan
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 12:05PM »

Wow I just found this post. It really brings back the memories. The little girl that you were referring to is my daughter.  Grin She is huge CW fan. The girls know her well.  Cheesy  She talked to LL at the book singing in Atlanta days before Birmingham concert. She told her that she would look for Heather in Birmingham!    I was proud to start the standing O near the end of  Parting Glass. Some fans though it was out of line but I felt lead by my heart! Smiley  It was an awesome night!!!!
thetowerkeeper

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 12:08PM »

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad that there are fans out there that feel the way I do and not resigned to just sit in their seats. I feel that shows like this are ment for us and Them to enteract with each other. Not sit there like bumbs on a log.
Wife2CWFan
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 05:50PM »

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad that there are fans out there that feel the way I do and not resigned to just sit in their seats. I feel that shows like this are ment for us and Them to enteract with each other. Not sit there like bumbs on a log.

Yes
I agree with you.  The girls really feed off the interaction from the fans. I remember when Chloe was real upset about the person texting in the front row. Why would any one do that!!! I don't get it! Undecided  I have set next to people that you need a mirror to see if they are still breathing. Some people give me dirty looks for standing O's . I don't care what they think I paid my money. I will enjoy myself! !! Grin
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 06:42PM »

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad that there are fans out there that feel the way I do and not resigned to just sit in their seats. I feel that shows like this are meant for us and Them to interact with each other. Not sit there like bumps on a log.
   I  certainly not reserved either.  Grin   I am standing up, jumping up and down, cheering loudly etc. In fact, I was the only one I could see  who was doing the arm  wave during "Green Grow..."  like you see on the DVD. I'm used to funny looks and I am good at returning them... Cheesy.   But most of the crowds I have been in were pretty good though. But I sympathize with you. 

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 05:15PM »

The song, for those who didn't remember, is titled "Green Grow The Rushes O" and in the Hippodrome as asked by Chloe, me, my parents and everybody else in there sang in harmony as a family of one.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Wife2CWFan
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 09:31PM »

The song, for those who didn't remember, is titled "Green Grow The Rushes O" and in the Hippodrome as asked by Chloe, me, my parents and everybody else in there sang in harmony as a family of one.
Yes that right KAJ . I like that song! I fell in love with it before Celtic Woman sang it. I follow a group name Altan. The are an Irish folk group.  You may have heard them. They are awsome!!! The lead singers name is MAIREAD! Grin
 She play the fiddle too!
Here is a link to hear Green grow the rushes sang by Altan. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5OaXj23cm8
greenfire6
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 10:57PM »

Wow I just found this post. It really brings back the memories. The little girl that you were referring to is my daughter.  Grin She is huge CW fan. The girls know her well.  Cheesy  She talked to LL at the book singing in Atlanta days before Birmingham concert. She told her that she would look for Heather in Birmingham!    I was proud to start the standing O near the end of  Parting Glass. Some fans though it was out of line but I felt lead by my heart! Smiley  It was an awesome night!!!!

One of the blessings of Celtic Woman is the positive effect on children, families and friends. For me it's a real joy to go to a CW show and not only see all this but to experience it myself.  Smiley

...I follow a group name Altan...
...Here is a link to hear Green grow the rushes sang by Altan. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5OaXj23cm8

I follow Altan too! I agree, they are awesome!  Wink

Off topic: more about the amazing Mairéad Ní Mhaonaigh here: http://www.twiththemaggies.com/about/

and here: http://www.mairead.ie/   Smiley
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 11:23PM by greenfire6 » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: