Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celtic Woman in Birmingham.  (Read 3280 times)
Artist1

« on: February 12, 2012, 06:40PM »

Birmingham, the best Celtic Woman concert to date for us, Chloe's Ave Maria brought the house to tears, Chloe also told us that it was the first show in which the audience gave a standing ovation in the middle of The Parting Glass, she was genuine about her feelings as I thought maybe she was trying to tell us to wait until the songs are finished. Mairead lit up the stage and got the house going  with the Irish dancer and them doing dueling spins, it was just totally awesome. All I can say about Susan is WOW WOW WOW, her voice and personality is just awesome and what showmanship, her rendition of Follow On would have made Lisa Kelly proud to see her sing it with such power, she just totally blew me away, she's a keeper and would be great to see a foursome of voices again. I would love to see Lisa Kelly and Susan do a duet, it would be spectacular. And Lisa Lambe I can never say enough about her, she is always a thrill to watch and listen to, a voice that is absolutely sensational. Presenting her with a portrait that night was a thrill for sure and she made it memorable with hugs and kisses. Ray Fean was an absolute show stopper with his great drumming and antics, he even comes off stage and goes into the isles. We love you Ray and you are the best. All the girls that night spoke to the audience with feeling and family spirit, a trait which gets more prevelant with every show, you just feel like one of the their family. Here are a few shots from Birmingham.

MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 01:09PM »

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the show! I heard it was a really good one! Great photos, too, and that drawing of Lisa is stunning!
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 07:27PM »

Your review was sooooo nice!  Really touched me!  And I am getting more and more eager to see Susan!  And YES I SO agree!  I would love her to stay when Lisa comes back, and I think their voices would sound so beautiful together in a duet!  BTW the pictures are AWESOME, and that portrait looks so REAL!  WOW!  The username Artist1 suits you perfectly!

roy

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 10:21AM »

Thanks for the review Stan.Sounds like a great night and m&g,from the looks of your pics.That's a gorgeous painting you did of LL.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: