Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Atlanta was unBELIEVEable!!  (Read 4406 times)
CelticCate

« on: February 15, 2012, 12:50PM »

The day started off with me meeting a friend at Barnes&Noble for the CD signing.  Prior to getting my items signed, I gave each of the Women a Cadbury Egg I had brought for them.  Then came time to get my items signed, and chat with everyone for a bit.  Thankfully they remembered me from Labor Day weekend when I stopped by in my Dragoncon costume (a Star Trek captain).  As I was going down the line the asked me if I was going to go to the concert, to which I said yes, second row of the Logue.  They told me to wave at them at some point during the concert.  After I came to the end of the line, I formally welcomed Susan to the group and told her I couldn’t wait to see her in concert tonight.  She said thank you and was extremely humble.
   Then it was chill until time for the concert.  Once the concert began I knew this would be the best one yet!  The stage looked absolutely perfect, and like it had never left the Fox.  
   Awakening was first, and had a similar start to The Isle of Hope Tour’s The Sky and The Dawn and The Sun with Máiréad being on stage with the rest of the musicians, but none of the other soloists.  Once the music started playing, the opening was just like on the dvd.  Dúlaman was next, and once again was performed beautifully by Lisa Lambe.  Sadly there were no jokes about the seaweed and Ray and Andy.  Nocturne was once again beautifully done by Chloe and Máiréad, and I think this may be my favorite Chloe&Máiréad duet to date. The Foxhunter was again a crowd pleaser, and had everyone clapping and cheering. Sailing was done exactly like it was on the DVD, and was just as wonderful.  A Woman’s Heart was done spectacularly.  Follow On was Susan’s first solo.  And she blew it away.  She has a different voice from Lisa Kelly, kind of reminds me of Idina Menzel’s voice.  But as soon as she started singing, I knew I was a fan!  Téir Abhaile 'riú was done slightly differently from the DVD, with Li’l Lambe and Chloe having a little bit of a competition with the music during this competition Li’l Lambe’s mike cut off on her, and then came back on.  Then Susan came back onstage and they performed the song, alas with none of the girls getting spun around like at the taping.  Also this was the first time getting to see Craig as the Irish Step Dancer, and he is extremely talented!  Granuaile’s Dance was back!!  And a crowd pleaser as always!   Danny Boy was done the same way as at the Symphony Tour, and was the only part that I could have done without.   Mo Ghile Mear was also back, and seeing as I had never hear this one done with three soloists and the violin, I was a little curious to see how it would be performed.  No need to worry! It was just as good as always, and a fitting lead in to the intermission.
   Amazing Grace was also back, and fantastic as always.  With Green Grow The Rushes, just like the first night of the taping in Atlanta, there was a competition to see which side was better at the refrain.  The side that I was sitting on, won the “competition”, and had to encourage the other side to sing along.  Instead of Lisa Kelly and Chloe singing it, it was Li’l Lambe and Chloe, who did a spectacular job. A Spaceman Came Traveling was once again spectacularly performed by Li’l Lambe.  Songs From the Heart was wonderful, although slightly sad for me, because all I could think about during Walking The Night was the family of the person they had dedicated the song to.  The World Falls Away was a nice change from the slightly melancholy strands of Walking the Night.  The Water Is Wide was Susan’s second solo, and was McFabulous!  If I had any doubts about how Susan would fit in with the group, this song got rid of them! Celtic Woman’s Tribute To Broadway was introduced by Susan, same as it was with Lisa Kelly at the Atlanta taping.  With Chloe and Susan having a duet for I Dreamed A Dream, and they blend spectacularly!  Circle of Life was done the same as on the DVD, and is a personal favorite of mine, seeing as I am a huge Lion King fan (lol).  Ave Maria was moving, as always, and I think Chloe’s voice has finally matured to the point where once you have heard her version of the song, you forget all other renditions and made me think “The Church of Chloe Agnew is back in session, and has a bunch of very happy members”.  You’ll Never Walk Alone was once again just as beautiful as on the DVD, the only difference was no children’s choir singing alongside the Aontas Choir.  Women Of Ireland/ Mná na hÉireann was again performed beautifully by Máiréad and Craig, and had the entire audience clapping and cheering.  The only difference between this one and the one at the taping: no bagpipe band or confetti at the end of the song otherwise was just as spectacular. Finale Encore was a great ending because it gave each of the performers their own solo, and they exited to At The Ceili,  Only to come back out for one final picture of everyone associated with Believe at the Fox.  During the setup for the picture, Máiréad's violin/fiddle mike/battery started to come off of her dress, and Li'l Lambe rushed over to help her reattach it to her dress.  Always seems to be some kind of "blooper" at the Fox with Celtic Woman Beleive!  Grin  After the pictures were done, it was time to watch a brief performance by Anthony Byrne in the Lobby of the Fox, before heading home.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 01:51PM by CelticCate » Logged

IMG_1373.JPG
Gribblie24

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 01:21PM »

I didn't even notice that Lisa's mike cut off during Teir Abhaile riu.  Maybe it was because she was standing right next to me in the audience!  She moved by in front of us then returned and sat on the low railing directly in front of me.  She is absolutely stunning!
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 02:37PM »

wow!  !. I thought I read on one of the other reviews that they did o the spinning?? maybe I miss read?!  2. What did the girls come down from the stage for?!  That sounds like fun!!! 3. Chloe mentioned a "suprise" was that it??!! That would be cool! Cool And great review!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 02:58PM »

I read in an other review that the stage was small so they changed a little bit the choregraphy.

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 04:36PM »

I read in an other review that the stage was small so they changed a little bit the choregraphy.
oh ok! That makes sense! The size of the stage would def. make a difference!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 06:29PM »

That's  very true.  There wasn't room for Lisa and Chloe to come in from the wings and so they came in on the floor in Téir Abhaile 'riú.  In doing so, each of them hit a "dead spot" where their mikes did not pick up, but it was of very short duration, re-engaging after they moved a couple of feet.  Neither was there room for them to twirl around off their feet held by the male choirmembers. Rather, they had alternate dance steps around each other instead.  Anthony came down the aisle from the back for the same reason during Amazing Grace.

There was room for Ray to come down in the audience playing and running across the front and up the other side of the stage.  I was glad to see Ray highlighted in this way.

Very nice review, CelticCate!

CelticCate

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 01:52PM »

thank you Starman!

IMG_1373.JPG
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 10:38PM »

Great review, CelticCate! Thanks for sharing!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: