Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Columbia Review, 2/26  (Read 3134 times)
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« on: February 26, 2012, 04:57PM »

Okay, this is going to be short because I'm not in the mood to write a long review.

First thing to know. I was crazy. I bought the cd, listened to it all day the day it came out, and I haven't listened to it since. I do a month long fast for every performance of theirs. If you're strong enough to do it, it is well worth it. I decided to be surprised and didn't read any reviews.

I haven't been to a show since 2009, so this was my first with not only Susan, but Lisa as well. The Koger Center was nowhere near as packed as the first time they were here. We did get the "You guys are so amazing here; we will come back," from Chloe, which she said the other time they were here. Apparently we're obsessive clappers or something in this state.

So the shoutouts I have to do because I'm me. Great choir, great musicians, and whoever the lighting guys are are amazing. I find the light show to be one of the coolest parts of seeing them live.

Lisa: Infectious smile and stage presence.

Chloe: Her voice keeps getting better and better. It's eerie. She still sounds better live than on the cds.

Mairead: Didn't run around as much as I'm used to seeing her do. Definite improvement on tone quality when she isn't running around.

Susan: Holy cow. Extremely powerful voice, and a completely different sound compared to all members (present and former) of Celtic Woman. I just listened to her in awe. When Lisa K comes back, will you keep her?! Please? She's amazing. She showed a very obvious musical theatre background between her voice and what she did on stage.

The major improvement from former shows (well, ANJ and IOH) to this? Audience involvement. Please continue to make us sing and clap along more.
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 05:36PM »

Short and Sweet  Cheesy I am hoping Susan stays too!

Thanks Lindsey
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 10:21PM »

Hey White Rose, I thought you went to Penn State?

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Maloney
Featured Soloist

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 10:38PM »

Great to hear... I also do that month long fast... and it is hard! but I do read the reviews.

=)  yes!! We got to go ! 
Then there was Atlanta !
Jack

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 09:21AM »

Wow!  That was quick.  Nice, concise review.

I believe I asked you this in 2009----why didn’t you come and visit with us?  We had a great (fairly large) group of forum members front and center.  We had both sets of twins (Young Twins + Kath and Kris), Elizabeth (Lifeismusic), Joe (Ganconagh), Jack and Ginger (Jack) plus a couple of special friends who may be the most dedicated CW fans in the world (non-forum members).  We would have loved to have met you.  Maybe next time.

“---nowhere near as packed as the first time they were here.”  That has become a common theme this tour.  Don’t know if it is the economy or the LisaK effect.  It was the same in Greenville and Charleston----nice crowds, just not quite sold-out/packed.  Those not in the know were all asking about LisaK.

I agree with your comments on the girls.  Isn’t Susan great!!?  What a clear, beautiful and powerful voice.  She is definitely a keeper.

The audience didn’t warm up until about midway the second half, but did garner a couple of compliments on twitter.  Little short on standing “O’s”, even though we were trying.

The front row got its share of attention, and one very lucky individual Lips sealed got a very special treat during TAR, now just about my favorite part of the show.

Almost forgot----Chloe and Susan at M&G.  SCETV did a very nice thing for M&G'ers this year.  They gave us the opportunity to have our pictures taken (by SCETV photographer) with the girls.  It was "over the table" of course.  They will email them to us in the near future.  That was a first for me at any venue.  Shoutout Yayyyy for SCETV!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: