Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Believe" Thoughts for the Day  (Read 32354 times)
Irish CW Fan
Total Fanatic

Paint With All the Colors of the Wind...

« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2012, 10:03PM »

Grin The Believe tour will be the first time I get to see CW live. April 2013 in Springfield Illinois! I do believe in miracles.
I know you will  have an awesome time. this April 13th in Minneapolis will be my 4th concert and my very first M@G !    Smiley
Misha, i promise you will NEVER forget the night of your first concert. I know I won't Smiley It was hard to believe I was actually seeing the girls right in front of me! I was trembling all through The Sky and the Dawn and the Sun.
Raving Meaviac, that will be my first M and G and my fourth concert as well!
  That's very cool!   Smiley  Do  you  have a preference in who who get for your m@G?  I'll be happy either way... but I'm hoping for Lil' Lambe and Mairead.  On the other hand, meeting the other two would also be nice.   Smiley
I really don't have a preference! Smiley so, i guess that makes me all the more excited. Those two would definitely be a dynamic duo, though Smiley

Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2012, 10:10AM »

Grin The Believe tour will be the first time I get to see CW live. April 2013 in Springfield Illinois! I do believe in miracles.
I know you will  have an awesome time. this April 13th in Minneapolis will be my 4th concert and my very first M@G !    Smiley
Misha, i promise you will NEVER forget the night of your first concert. I know I won't Smiley It was hard to believe I was actually seeing the girls right in front of me! I was trembling all through The Sky and the Dawn and the Sun.
Raving Meaviac, that will be my first M and G and my fourth concert as well!
  That's very cool!   Smiley  Do  you  have a preference in who who get for your m@G?  I'll be happy either way... but I'm hoping for Lil' Lambe and Mairead.  On the other hand, meeting the other two would also be nice.   Smiley

James, I had Lil' Lambe and Mairead two years in a row and loved it.  I hope you get them also but you can't go wrong no matter who shows up.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
bobh56
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2013, 08:51AM »

The Concert in Wallingford on Friday evening left me speechess.  Unfortunately, the condition continued into the post-Concert M&G (my first!), so I suspect the Ladies think I'm a third rate chucklehead.  (Hey, art and beauty often has that effect on me.)  No matter, I now have an extra large Dunkin Donuts coffee (arguably the best road coffee because it tastes the same hot or cold), a full tank of gas, and about 170 miles to drive to meet up with "ites" from several Forums for a pre-concert meal before this evening's St. Patrick's Day Concert in Manchester, NH.   Can't wait!
bobh56
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2013, 10:42PM »

Just back home from the spectacular St. Patrick's Day Concert, in Manchester, NH, so my final thought for the day is:   Hands are sore from clapping, voice is hoarse from cheering, lips and tongue are stiff from whistling, and knees are tired from standing ovations, but to quote John Travolta as Michael the Archangel in the movie Michael, "I'm completely happy!"  Looking forward to next Saturday's Concerts, in Greenvale, NY.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2013, 04:12AM »

Love all the reviews so far....!   Cool

bobh56
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2013, 10:38AM »

Have tickets to both the 3pm and 8pm Concerts (with MHG pass) @ the LIU Tilles Center, in Greenvale, NY today.  Anxiously awaiting the start of those festivities.
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2013, 01:02PM »

The Providence show was AWESOME...front row , orchestra pit.......I got a Chloe wink and smile, Mairead smile and Lisa clapped her hands back at me in acknowledgement. The sound system at the Providence Performing Arts Center(a cozy theater setting) was fantastic. Ray does a cool bodhan solo, an  Irish step dancer like in  the Believe  DVD is there. They do a " fentestic" rendition of Nil Sen La where at the beginning the girls are making like their mad with each other. All of the girls are STUNNING , the voices outstanding and they encourage audience participation.You get a full two hours of all the best CW numbers including many of the " standards"...Orinoco Flow, Mo Ghile Mear...some Broadway numbers like the DVD. ....and....I saw Mairead...I saw Mairead.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
bobh56
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2013, 08:30AM »

After a number of venues with rather subdued audiences (2 concerts in Greenvale and 1 in Baltimore), it was great to be in Rochester last night with an audience that provided an appropriate reaction/reception for our Ladies.  Suffice it to say - the place was rocking!  Here's hoping for more of the same in Syracuse (tonight), Elmira (tomorrow night) and Buffalo (Saturday night).
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2013, 09:24AM »

My Believe thoughts for the day?

APRIL 23RD! Would you PLEASE hurry up?! I'm DYING over here!
bobh56
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2013, 07:57AM »

The Concert in Syracuse last night was fantastic.  However, the audience was a tad less than lack luster - particulalry the group in front of me that kept giving me the stink eye when I whistled my appreciation.  (To be fair, my whistle is a bit loud; my Father taught me how years ago to ensure that I'd have no trouble hailing a cab in New York City.)  Initially, I toned it down a bit so as to not disturb their enjoyment of the show.  But then I noticed that they were giving nothing more that golf claps, came back from intermission in the middle of Amazing Grace (a sacrilege on many levels), and joined in only the final standing ovation.  So, it wasn't even remotely clear that they were enjoying themselves.  One wonders why people like this come to Celtic Woman Concerts.  In any event, despite the rather inhospitable nature of some of the audience members, I had a great time.

To top off the night, the Syracuse Orangemen advanced in the NCAAs.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 09:12AM by bobh56 » Logged
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2013, 08:07AM »

Some people really enjoy the shows but don't show much emotion.  Remember, us forum members are in a different league.  Wink

bobh56
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2013, 08:59AM »

Some people really enjoy the shows but don't show much emotion.  Remember, us forum members are in a different league.  Wink

As a Human, I appreciate the differences in all of us.  As an American, I treasure the right to react to things in my own way, and have and will defend this right for others.  Rudeness, however, I can't abide.

Okay, I'm stepping off my soap box because:  1) I'm a bit off topic; and 2) I have a 2 hour drive to Elmira to enjoy (in my own way) a meal with several Fellow Forumites and the next offering from the Ladies at the Clemens Center.
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2013, 11:36AM »

I'm sorry you had to endure that.  The worst I have ever experienced in my eight shows to this point is a few disinterested
parties.  Usually a man lured out by his spouse in an attempt to enrich his life but he did not respond.  Have a great time at your next concert.

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2013, 10:22PM »

I am usually one of the rowdiest at the CW concerts I have gone to. ( in a good,enthusiastic fun - loving way )  In the old Lisa forum I mentioned this and Rich R. replied to me that this was a good thing and that CW could use more of me.   Grin    I even heard Chloe mention at a concert that all the girls enjoy rowdy fans because it shows we care and we are having fun.   Grin   

bobh56
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2013, 10:05PM »

As you know, the Ladies get even better (not sure how that's possible, but it seems to be the case) when performing to appreciative audiences.  Well, the crowds in Elmira last night and Buffalo tonight didn't let them down.  As a result, the Ladies rewarded us with unbelievable concerts.

Also, once again the Syracuse Orangemen advanced in the NCAAs, and are now in the Final Four.  Hey wait a minute, I'm seeing a pattern here - the Orangemen win when I go to Celtic Woman Concerts.  Unfortunately, my next Concert isn't until 4/30 in Atlanta.  Of course, if Jim Boeheim wants to pay for my tickets and transportation, I'll be happy to do my part to help the Orangemen secure the Nattional Champioship by going to Celtic Woman Concerts for the duration of the tournament.  I think tickets to the Concerts in Toledo (4/2), East Lansing (4/4), Kalamazoo (4/5), Cleveland (4/6), Fort Wayne (4/7), and South Bend (4/9) should do it.  If it works, we can talk about tickets to more Celtic Woman Concerts as a reward for services rendered. Wink
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 04:36AM by bobh56 » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: