Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fantastic Music, Friends and Flinstone-sized Steaks. What Else Do You Need?  (Read 2437 times)
penguin laminating device

« on: March 18, 2012, 03:34PM »

Thanks to a nice, hefty tax refund this year I was able to attend my Celtic Woman show in four years.  As it had been so long since I attended one of their performances, I wanted to be sure I arrived at the Verizon Wireless Arena in time for the March 16th show, I obtained several hundred highly trained homing pigeons, and harnessed them to a long disused yak butter tanker truck. As it was not the most rapid form of transportation, I began my journey to Manchester several weeks before the show date. It turned out to be a very wise precaution due to the plethora of Civil War memorials between Portland, Maine and Manchester, New Hampshire. Due to my chosen method of propulsion, I became familiar with every single one of them.

After many days on the the road, I reached the Hampton, New Hampshire toll booth. It was there that I encountered a certain spaceman familiar to Celtic Woman fans. He was delayed at the toll booth while  busked in order to raise enough money to pay for the to New Hampshire tolls, which generally run 75 cents for cars, $1.50 for trucks and $15,000.000.75 for interstellar spacecraft. Not having any hovering gigs for over for 2,000 years had left him a bit short of funds.

He was on his way to his third job interview in a week. He was fired from his last one at Papa John's for delivering pizzas before they were even ordered. He was not having much luck landing a new one because “la la la la la la la la la la,La la la la la la laaaa, la la la la la la la la la la' may make for some very heavenly music, but as a response to the question “What do you see yourself doing in five years?” it leaves a lot to be desired.

Unfortunately, The all-male pigeon crew providing my propulsion mistook the Spaceman's “la la la la la la la...” for their species' mating call, forcing us to abandon our efforts to get his spacecraft through the toll booth and run down Route 101 as fast as our feet would carry us. Luckily, Mike, Roy, Scott and BobH from the forum spotted us being pursued down the highway by a flock of amorous pigeons and rescued us. They dropped the Spaceman off at Zachary Xapadopolis' Antique Souffle Museum for his interview. We then proceeded to Longhorn's Steakhouse where we feasted on steaks so large that the National Guard had to be called to airlift them to our table. Once we had done feasting on whole sauropods, we made our way to the arena.

Lisa Lambe's version of “Dulamun” alone was more than well worth the four-year wait. That's something coming from a diehard Meavian. Hearing Susan McFadden for the first time was also incredible, too. I hope they find a way to have her  join as a regular member once Lisa returns to performing. It was great to see Chloe and Mairead live again after such a long time as well. I wouldn't say the audience was stiff, but I wouldn't be surprised if the local Macy's wasn't missing a few mannequins.

I just hope that the interval between the time I finish writing this and seeing them live again doesn't involve a 1460-day wait and the dodging of advances by a multitude of amorous, Civil War Memorial obsessed pigeons!!!
Scott

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 08:14PM »

haha THAT was hilarious, Bob!! Cheesy

MrPeabody

Set the WayBack machine, Sherman.

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 08:52PM »

It was great to finally meet the "device" himself.  No disappointments in either the meeting or the review.  Still chuckling.....  Cheesy

Mike

RoAR
Honorary Roadie

It's far beyond the stars...

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 09:00AM »

...um........ok?
That's pretty funny! Grin

greenfire6
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 11:36PM »

Once again Dr. P demonstrates that he is the only one around this asylum truly in touch with reality!  Wink

Thanks for the "review" PLD and, as always, thanks for the laughs!  Cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: