Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Giving David D. His Due  (Read 81230 times)
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2013, 05:21PM »

Probably the most striking example of Davit's magical touch is "Over the Rainbow."  In anyone else's show it would have been, as it always has been, a solo with orchestral accompaniment and maybe backing vocals.  Instead of deciding who would sing that solo, David arranged it into that amazing a capella quartet.  A quartet that we won't hear again without a management decision to restore the four-voice configuration.
  ...agreed.... but  I would  also  add  his expert blending  with the lovely   "Somewhere"  . 

GeorgeN

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2013, 10:24PM »

Probably the most striking example of Davit's magical touch is "Over the Rainbow."  .......

Probably true, but I also think his talent shows with his having kept this group ‘fresh’, yet true to its roots over the past 10 years, despite the many cast and band changes. Each major PBS show has been bigger and more exciting than the last.

I have faith in David. I expect (I Believe?) that in 2014 he’ll bring us even more excitement and innovation, while respecting the past. I have no idea how he’ll do it, but he will.

GeorgeN
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2013, 09:51PM »

Hats off  to  David for  finding    yet  another  stellar  lady   to  carry  on  the  CW  tradition.    YAY   David !    Smiley

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2013, 04:40AM »

Hats off  to  David for  finding    yet  another  stellar  lady   to  carry  on  the  CW  tradition.    YAY   David !    Smiley

I have nothing to add here!

TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2013, 08:38AM »

David, I have no idea how you do it, but thank you for introducing us to yet, another lovely Celtic Woman!  Mairead has a beautiful voice and I know she'll fit wonderfully in the group. Smiley
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2013, 09:42PM »

MERRY  CHRISTMAS  DAVID !  THANKS  AGAIN  FOR  YOUR  TIRELESS EFFORTS  TO BRING JOY  TO  THE  WORLD !    Cool

Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2013, 10:34AM »

I saw David in person for the first time at HFC in Dallas.  He played the piano as he has done at the DVD filmings in the past.  He is small in stature yet huge in talent and creativity.  Keep it coming, David.  I can't wait to see what you have in store for us in 2014.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2013, 11:34AM »

I saw David in person for the first time at HFC in Dallas.  He played the piano as he has done at the DVD filmings in the past.  He is small in stature yet huge in talent and creativity.  Keep it coming, David.  I can't wait to see what you have in store for us in 2014.

Well said, Hubert. I couldn't agree more. Through all the cast changes. David somehow keeps it all together.

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2014, 03:53PM »

David is a musical genius, I can't wait until the emerald tour

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2014, 03:16AM »

He is a heinous and can't wait till radio city! Only thing is I kinda hope they don't do a taping that night and hold off till summer but seems like the buzz around the girls David and Anthony it seems like something big is brewing! And plenty of time till radio city ( as it is a little early for preps for and August/sept taping? ) kinda excited and cAnt wait to hear/see it either way! Oh and the color palates that Stan sent Maggie there manager they tweeted look incredible from what I can tell!  And I'm sure David will work his magic as he alway does!!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2014, 08:20PM »

Have  a  very  happy  Easter  time  David. Thank you for  all you  do  so well.   Cool

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2015, 06:59PM »

Thank  you  David  for  coming  up  with  another  really  great  new  line  up  and  show  for  CW. The set  list  and  the  ladies  are  top notch.    Cool

BlueAquaOcean

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2015, 01:46PM »

Was David there at the show? I knew he was busy with the bloody Irish but did he have time for CW still?
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2015, 03:17PM »

the Mairead forum states that David has left CW to pursue other projects.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2015, 01:17PM »

Like a musical play called The Bloody Irish?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: