Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: O Holy Night  (Read 9102 times)
Sara

« on: September 10, 2007, 08:25AM »

Last night was the first time I watched the “O Holy Night” video on YouTube. This is the best version I have heard. All the ladies do a fantastic job. When Lisa sings “fall on your knees”, that is what you want to do! They are particularly angelic when they sing Christmas songs. Their DVD will be the best Christmas present anyone could wish for. When I received the CD, I was not going to listen to it until the DVD came out, but needless to say, I just could not wait. I even have my husband anxiously waiting to see the DVD. It’s fun to watch them with someone who is also enjoying every minute. They are all a gift from God to feel the passion that projects from these angelic singers; to feel at peace amid a world that contains so much stress and negative vibrations. Thank you David Downes for having the foresight to find the perfect blend of talented women.
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 09:22AM »

I love it when her and Chloe sing. Their voices are so great togthor. That video is simlply amazing! I can't wait to see the DVD version!

Thanks Lindsey
Colleen
Total Fanatic

Semper Fi

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 01:41PM »

You're not the only one. Wink

Thanks Mel!
Gwyn71

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 08:21AM »

I love it when her and Chloe sing. Their voices are so great togthor. That video is simlply amazing! I can't wait to see the DVD version!
I absolutely can't wait to see that DVD!! But does anyone know if it's going to be released world wide? I would order one from Amazon, but I'm not sure if American DVD's can play on South African DVD players....you know, if they're compatible. I once tried to play a DVD that I'd brought from home, on an American DVD player when I was in the States and it wouldn't work.
So I hope it'll be released world wide. But if anyone is more clued up about DVDs than me, please give me some advice  Smiley

Gwyneth
Celtic Liz
Total Fanatic

Congrats Lisa and the Family! Welcome Ellie!

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 04:59PM »

I love the whole song. It just makes you think about what Christ has done for all of us and almost makes you cry because the CW girls put so much feeling into it. Cheesy

made by JRRacing
micanchepe

Las Malvinas SON y SERÁN Argentinas

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 05:06PM »

Neither I can't! I saw the DVD advertisment for first time last Friday, and I can't wait!!!!!!

Rain comes over the grey hills, and on the air, a soft goodbye; hear the song that I sing to you, when the time has come to fly...
btimerson
Total Fanatic

Made it to ForumFest 2012 in Chicago!

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 05:14PM »

Last night was the first time I watched the “O Holy Night” video on YouTube. This is the best version I have heard. All the ladies do a fantastic job. When Lisa sings “fall on your knees”, that is what you want to do! They are particularly angelic when they sing Christmas songs. Their DVD will be the best Christmas present anyone could wish for.

Sara...you are absolutely right!  Everytime I hear Lisa sing "fall on your knees.....", I get giant goose bumps all over.  It literally sends chills up my spine.  This HAS TO BE one of the finest renditions of this beautiful song ever to be performed.

It's another one of those that I will play on my home theater system with the surround sound going full volume!  Kind of like I did after I first got the system and was able to play "The Voice".

Brad T

Thomas
Total Fanatic

I am The Voice - I will remain (Thank You CC)

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 02:32PM »

Sara and Brad,

I could not agree more.

The first time I watched this, it hit me deeply, I must of watched it 5 or more times in a row.  I simply could not believe how wonderful this song is.

I cannot wait for my X-mas DVD to show up.

Thanks again,

Tom

Banner by Scott

IDIC - Live long and prosper
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 03:31PM »

Why do I have a feeling, people who are getting ready to watch O Holy Night on the DVD, need to put cushions on the floor.  Smiley

Thomas
Total Fanatic

I am The Voice - I will remain (Thank You CC)

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 04:02PM »

You should know Mel, since you have already seen it at least three times and maybe more.

Tom

Banner by Scott

IDIC - Live long and prosper
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 04:21PM »

and more? lol

I have only seen it live 3 times! And I will get my DVD, if I can find it, on OCT 2 Cheesy

But I will say, when seeing it live, I agree, when I heard Lisa sing 'Fall on you Knees' I really had to restrain from doing so.

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 04:23PM »

You mean like this?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2007, 08:34PM »

This is probably my top favorite Christmas song of all time, even before I heard CW sing it.  I saw the Youtube video a while back, Mel said the way it was done for the DVD far outshines the Youtube version.  She said the same about "Let It Snow!"  I can hardly stand waiting these next 2 weeks for it to be released!!  I'm dying to watch this song, "Christmas Pipes", "Let It Snow", and many others.  (Come quickly Oct. 2nd!) Grin Grin

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
Jammalot
Honorary Roadie

Finally back!

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2007, 06:40AM »

Glad to know I'm not the only one with that feeling Smiley I was listening to it when I was flat on my back on the beach, and I was like 'why can't I fall on my knees, Lisa tell me to do that' Grin Grin Grin Grin LOL ! Smiley

Wel, here's a map and here's a bible, if you ever lose your way

By Scott

Ty Rich! Grin
Joan
Total Fanatic

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2007, 02:04PM »

Get those cushions ready!! Every time I hear this song I like it more and more.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: