Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nominations now open for the 2012 Irish Music (IMA) Association Awards  (Read 12214 times)
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« on: March 31, 2012, 09:32AM »

Nominations are now open for the 2012 Irish Music Association (IMA) awards.  Given the phenomenal wins posted by Celtic Woman and past and present members in the 2011 Awards, chances are good for more awards in 2012 with the issuance of the new Believe DVD/CD and it's fantasic success on World Bill Board charts and elsewhere!

Here is the link to follow to make nominations: http://www.irishmusicawards.com/awards.php

A couple of notes:  1) Past winners are ineligible to be nominated in the same categories in which they won last year, though are eligible for nomination in other categories or in the same categories they have won in previous years other than last year.   2)  This year you must be a paid member to vote in the IMAs.  This will eliminate criticism and uncertainty about how the pubic voting was  weighted and counted relative to paid member voting. 

If you're not already a paid member, membership as a patron only costs fifteen ($15.00) dollars.  As voting won't be for months, make plans now to join.  We'll be sure to keep everyone abreast of the nominations and the voting deadlines.   Wink Smiley

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 06:03PM »

Ummm.... Didn't we just finish doing this for the 2011 IMAs? Lol
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 06:56PM »

LOL! We recently conducted the voting and had the awards ceremony on the nominees for 2011.  Now the IMA members will be nominating for the 2012 awards, the voting for which will begin in December, if they do it as they have done the last couple of years.

edtom

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 07:40PM »

I nominated two of our lovely ladies for awards.

I love Celtic Woman
greenfire6
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 10:08AM »

LOL! We recently conducted the voting and had the awards ceremony on the nominees for 2011.  Now the IMA members will be nominating for the 2012 awards, the voting for which will begin in December, if they do it as they have done the last couple of years.

If I understand the latest IMA Newsletter correctly paid members and free members can both nominate artists to the various catagories (with the restrictions outlined by Starman in the opening post.) However, the Newsletter clearly states that paid member nominations will  receive preference over free member nominations.

(As I see it) The two big changes for 2012:

1. When the time comes for voting only paid member votes will be accepted and counted. 2. Voting will not occur on the familiar IMA Forum but on a new Website.

Partial quote from the Irish Music Association Newsletter:

New Website and Voting Procedure for 2012

We've just made some big changes to the Irish Music Awards website that we hope you will like.  We listened to your feedback and have made nominations and voting much easier this year.  Voting will be moved from the old IMA Forum to a new voting system on the Irish Music Awards website.  A membership account will automatically be created for you as soon as you complete the checkout process.  We are also moving our mailing list from the old IMA Forum to MailChimp so you will get email notices of IMA events faster and have more control over your subscription settings.  The IMA Forum will continue to be available on the Irish Music Association website for discussion among free and paid members.  Because of the popularity of the awards it has become almost impossible for our volunteers to manage and police the free members voting.  Therefore only paid members will be able to vote in the 2012 Irish Music Awards.  We encourage our free members to continue participating by nominating artists, discussing in the Forum, attending events, subscribing to our mailing list, or joining the Irish Music Association as a paid member.

Bottom line; there is more incintive than ever to become a paid member.

Here is the join page for the IMA:
http://www.irishmusicassociation.com/irishmusicawards/join.php
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 04:44PM »

Thanks David for the very important info concerning the many changes in the IMA awards and voting this year!  For those of you for whom the  $15 paid member fee is a problem, actual voting for the 2012 awards will not be until December, giving you time to budget and join!  Wink Smiley

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 06:33PM »

Oh wow! *facepalm* Got it now! This is only the nomination process not the voting for the winners. Well don't I feel foolish! Lol! *goes to hide in a corner* Whoopsie!  Roll Eyes
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 06:38PM »

In addition to the individual artists, I've submitted for nomination Celtic Woman's Believe in the category of Best New Irish CD.  Others might consider doing the same.  Wink Grin

greenfire6
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 07:15PM »

Thanks David for the very important info concerning the many changes in the IMA awards and voting this year!  For those of you for whom the  $15 paid member fee is a problem, actual voting for the 2012 awards will not be until December, giving you time to budget and join!  Wink Smiley

Many fans are struggling right now and $15.00 is substancial. But you make a good point in that there is about 9 months to budget for the basic membership.  Cheesy

I don't have any inside info John but I take these changes as a sign that the IMA, and particulairly it's Awards, are growing in stature. I have a gut feeling that the Celtic Woman phenomena and it's fans have contributed to a growing awarness of the IMA and the resulting need for the IMA to mature it's Awards process. (Although, my preception is CW predates the IMA slightly?)

Anyway... this is not one of those internet "polls" that can't be taken seriously. My view is an IMA Award is something that any Irish/Celtic music artist can "take to the bank" if you will. I, for one, aplaud the IMA for all they are doing for Irish music and it's AMAZING artist!

In addition to the individual artists, I've submitted for nomination Celtic Woman's Believe in the category of Best New Irish CD.  Others might consider doing the same.  Wink Grin

Outstanding idea John!  Cool
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 12:49PM »

Anyone having trouble negotiating the IMA site in order to make nominations, please advise.  It isn't the easiest site to negotiate, but as Bob Reeder there would say, they're musicians, not techies.  Wink Smiley

Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 04:56PM »

A reminder from the Irish Music Association (IMA) today that the nominations for IMA awards for 2012 are still open, as well as announcement of upcoming Irish Music Festivals in the US:

Festival Season - Irish Music Association
New and Noteworthy Irish Music CDs

New offering:
The Mickey Finns - Prayers and Idle Chatter

Best New CD for 2011:
Orla Fallon - My Land.  Other CDs by Orla include "Winter, Fire & Snow" and "Distant Shore"

Nominations

Nominations are still open for 2012 and will remain open until November 1st.  Here's how to nominate:  Anyone may nominate an Irish music act, Irish musician, Irish group, Irish band, Irish pub, Irish CD, etc. The nominees must meet certain criteria within the categories in order to be nominated. Nominations made by members of the Irish Music Association will be considered first. Something to consider: Nominee(s) cannot win in the same category two years in a row, but they can win in a different category. Before making a nomination please check last years recipients and categories to see if you are re-nominating your favorite artist(s) in the same category in which they may have won last year. Please choose a new category in which to nominate your favorite artist(s). CDs nominated for New Irish Music CD must be received no later than October 1st.  The Irish Music Association Committee on Nominations will approve all nominations and will limit each category to four nominees.
If you would like to nominate an Irish act for 2012, please visit our Nominations Page

Festivals

There are some great Irish festivals coming up in the next few months.
The Colorado Irish Festival is July 13th - 15th in Littleton, Colorado.
The Cleveland Irish Cultural Festival is July 20th - 22nd at the Berea Fairgrounds.
The Great American Irish Festival is July 27th - 29th in Frankfort, New York.
The Dublin (Ohio) Irish Festival is August 3rd - 5th in, where else, Dublin, OH.
The Iowa Irish Fest is August 3rd - 5th in Waterloo, Iowa.
The Milwaukee Irish Fest is August 16th - 19th in Milwaukee Wisconsin.
The Buffalo Irish Festival is August 24th - 26th in Buffalo, New York.
The Kansas City Irish Fest is August 31st to September 2nd in Kansas City, Missouri.
The Pittsburg Irish Festival is September 7th - 9th in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania.
The Weston Irish Festival is October 12th - 14th in Weston, Missouri.

Update on status of Ryan Kelly, Top Solo Performer in Concert for 2011

Early in June Ryan Kelly suffered a serious accident requiring hospitalisation.  Thankfully Ryan has now started on the road to recovery for which we are all very grateful.  However, Ryan will be unable to perform this summer at our upcoming Atlantic City shows, but we are all looking forward to Ryan being back with us before too long.

New Subforum for Original Songs and Compositions

We have added a new subforum for original Irish Music compositions.  If you are interested in sharing songs you have written with Irish Music performers, post your original Irish Music here: http://www.irishmusicassociation.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=15

Jonie Madden's Folk'N Irish Cruise

Jonie Madden's Folk'N Irish Cruise will be Febuary 2nd - 9th departing from Miami Florida.  Several dozen Irish musicians and acts will be aboard the Norwegian Epic.  For more information visit http://www.joaniemaddencruise.com/

Changes to Voting for 2012

If you still haven't heard, we've made some big changes to the Irish Music Awards website that we hope you will like.  We listened to your feedback and have made nominations and voting much easier this year.  Voting will be moved from the old IMA Forum to a new voting system on the Irish Music Awards website.  A membership account will automatically be created for you as soon as you complete the checkout process.  We are also moving our mailing list from the old IMA Forum to MailChimp so you will get email notices of IMA events faster and have more control over your subscription settings.  The IMA Forum will continue to be available on the Irish Music Association website for discussion among free and paid members.  Because of the popularity of the awards it has become almost impossible for our volunteers to manage and police the free members voting.  Therefore only paid members will be able to vote in the 2012 Irish Music Awards.  We encourage our free members to continue participating by nominating artists, discussing in the Forum, attending events, subscribing to our mailing list, or joining the Irish Music Association as a paid member.

Thank you for your continued support of Irish Music worldwide.
If you have not yet joined the Irish Music Association, click here.

We welcome your comments and feedback.  Please feel free to contact us at rtreeder@irishmusicassociation.com.

You are receiving this email because you requested updates from the Irish Music Association and Irish Music Awards.

Unsubscribe jwmann52@netscape.net from this list.

Our mailing address is:

Irish Music Awards
519 Brookside
Independence, MO 64053

Add us to your address book

Copyright (C) 2012 Irish Music Awards All rights reserved.

Forward this email to a friend
Update your profile

Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 04:56PM »

Those of you wishing to nominate Celtic Woman candidates for the 2012 Irish Music (IMA) Association awards, here's a reminder that the deadline for doing so is November 1, 2012--coming up soon!

As the nominations are competitive, artists getting the greatest number of nominations are likely to secure award nominiations.  Many thanks to those who have already submitted nominations.  Those who haven't yet, remember to get over there prior to November 1 and doing it!  Remember, a winner cannot be nominated in the same category for which he/she won this past year.

Post any questions  you may have which weren't answered from consulting the IMA webpage here!  Wink Cool

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2012, 05:52PM »

I already put in my nomination for Meav quite a while ago in three different categories. I just feel that it's her year.  Smiley
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 10:33PM by Raving Meaviac » Logged

Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2012, 08:48PM »

The 2012 Irish Music Award nominees have been announced!  Chloe has been nominated in the Best Female Vocalist category!  Máiréad Nesbitt has been nominated in the Top Fiddler category!   Shocked Shocked Grin

Voting begins tomorrow, December 1, 2012!  For more information go to the IMA website at:
http://www.irishmusicawards.com/awards.php.

Everyone please do your part by voting for our artists in these categories!  More detailed instructions on where and how to vote are contained earlier in this thread!   Cool Cool Cool

edtom

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 10:20AM »

After encountering several snafus with both PayPal and the Irish Music Association, I was finally able to vote.
It was a pain in the neck, but Mairead and Chloe are worth it. Cheesy

I love Celtic Woman
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: