Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: April 1st, 2012: Believe in the Magic  (Read 4135 times)
Jennifer
« on: April 01, 2012, 08:43PM »

This review is a lot shorter than my other reviews because I just wrote it and I'm still shaking as part of the aftermath of the concert.

April 1, 2012: Believe in the Magic

Every Celtic Woman show I go to, all I wonder during the course of the show, aside from how much I enjoy Celtic Woman, is, “Is this actually happening? Am I really here?” During the course of the April 1st concert, I experienced a show like none I had ever seen. Heck, it even beat the Symphony tour for me!

Before The Show
Before the show, I was, as always, a nervous wreck. (No, I didn’t have any coffee today.) Surprisingly, though, the wait for the lunch at the Liffey went by very quickly. About 45 minutes before going, I decided to curl my hair because my hair hadn’t been functioning right so I had to rewash it. I quickly curled it. (I’m still surprised I didn’t burn myself) I think it looked really good for the little time. Then, I realized I needed hairspray. I call my mom, who tells me to put gel on it. I do, and then I speed walk to the restaurant.
I got to the restaurant a little before I had wanted to, so I waited about 5 to 10 minutes for Sarah D, Sarah V and Destiny to get there. When they do, we try to decide what to do. Then Glen comes up to us and introduces himself to the group. After that, we all went to try to get a table. That’s where we see Mike. After hugging Mike and getting reacquainted with him, we all sit down.
After about 20 minutes, Laura and Paul show up. About an hour and a half later, we leave the Liffey to go to the Xcel. Another 20 minutes, and Ncoua shows up. We then go in, and I get a program.
Before the show started, I went to find my seat. I was so confused when finding it; I thought the 18th row was where the people would sit for a hockey game. Then, I saw the many chairs in the front and went there. As I got to my seat, I discovered my view wasn’t great. Laura and Paul then point out a couple rows where there weren’t people sitting. A few minutes before the show starts, we move to the 11th row. However, two people showed up and said they had those seats. We then moved back to the 12th row. The view was really good!

The Show
I can’t remember the order of songs to save my life, so I’m just going to point out the highlights.

First Act
Loved it. The girls looked stunning. I didn’t cry too hard when Awakening started. (Yay!)
Dulaman was amazing. Still love the spoons part.
Nocturne was just fantastic. Chloë is just amazing.
The Foxhunter was just fun!!! I absolutely love watching Máiréad play onstage. I could also kind of see her wedding ring when she was playing.
Follow On ended with my jaw on the ground and loving Susan.
TAR made my night. The beginning was just hilarious! I did miss Lisa’s spoon solo because I was watching Máiréad be adorable to the side.
The end of the first act, as always, came to a close much too fast. Then came intermission.

Intermission
Pretty uneventful, other than the fact I got to go to the 4th row. (Oh, yeah!!!) I noticed I was still shaking as I headed to the bathroom. (I’m shaking writing this review as well.) I still don’t know it was because of the room temperature or because of the show. I think it was due to the show.

Second Act
I had chills when Amazing Grace started. Having Anthony walk by with his solo was amazing. And the harmonies!!!! The harmonies!!!!!
I still love Songs from the Heart (Walking The Night/The World Falls Away). That song holds a very dear place in my heart. Still my all-time favorite CW group number.
The Water is Wide also had me going “wow Susan’s good!”
Green Grow the Rushes was just adorable. When Chloë was teaching us the words, she said she was very stubborn. After the first time the audience sang the chorus, she said “I have good news and bad news. Good news is some of you did your homework. Bad news is you all have a lot of work to do.” After doing the chorus over and over again, the song starts. I think it’s my new favorite duet.
My legs were just shaking so badly when Ave Maria started. I am still amazed by how much Chloë’s voice has grown throughout the years.
I absolutely loved Tribute to Broadway! That song, along with Songs from the Heart, now holds a dear spot in my heart.
When the introduction to You’ll Never Walk Alone started, I immediately started crying. This song really holds a ton of memories for me because I was in a school production of Carousel last year; that really started my passion for musical theater. I owe so much to Carousel, and this song brought back so many memories. I was crying and crying throughout the song.
The Parting Glass was really sad for me because it was the 2nd to last song of the concert. I gave them a standing ovation. The finale then starts, and there’s people clapping to the beat. When the Finale ends, everyone stands up and cheers. It was just amazing to see the girls’ reactions to the audience!

After The Show
After the show, I walked around with Sarah V, Destiny and Mike because we wanted to find the stage door. Let’s just say we didn’t find it. We then waited for Sarah and Ncoua to leave the meet and greet. After they do, we talk for about 10 to 15 minutes. I then walk with Glen, his daughter (I never caught her name) and Mike until we reached the library. After we went our separate ways, I just walked normally past the library. Then, on the next block, I start running when I hear a car start behind me. (I don't like downtown St. Paul at night.) I don’t stop running until I see the street signal and my apartment building. (Yes, I jaywalked. Sue me.) I tell myself “I’m going to make this light” and I just barely make the yellow light. It was kinda awesome, although my feet are killing me right now.

Overall, best show yet. I loved seeing the girls and my friends. I also got to see one of my friends from school at the concert, which was very nice. I will most definitely remember this night of good food, good friends and an amazing concert for the rest of my life. Oh, and I am so getting a M&G next year.
Ncoua
Total Fanatic

Sup!

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 11:47AM »

Great little review and a Great night!!  I still cant believe Chloe came and sat on my lap at the beginning of teir abhaile riu!!
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 02:54PM »

This is a great review!!

And Ncoua... I'm still in shock too... she was right next to me.... It was amazing!!

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
GlenS

am admin at the all New Celticwomanforum.net

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 04:42PM »

I have got to agree this was the very best show i have seen and this makes #8 i have seen And Ncoua did you save them pants to frame and note Chloe sat on these hahaha

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 06:36PM »

Great little review and a Great night!!  I still cant believe Chloe came and sat on my lap at the beginning of teir abhaile riu!!
Dude! I. Am. So. JEALOUS!!!! Aargh! Why couldn't The Aronoff be a little bigger?
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 09:22AM »

awww!  Great review! Little jelous to! And don't worry about the stage door thing!  I gave up trying to find it in cleveland too! Especially when waiting for my parents at 11 pm after a show in the middle of cleveland (not the greatets place either!)  I am not sure why the girls go to some of these venues in these bad areas??!!  And at least when me and my cousin found stage door in Ny it was early-ish in the evening with day light and tons of people (Ny for ya!) But yeah the buzz from the show willl go away slowly in due time! Glad you had fun!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Ncoua
Total Fanatic

Sup!

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 02:28PM »

I have got to agree this was the very best show i have seen and this makes #8 i have seen And Ncoua did you save them pants to frame and note Chloe sat on these hahaha
haha no i wont be framing them...they'll just be my fav pair now! Cheesy

Dude! I. Am. So. JEALOUS!!!! Aargh! Why couldn't The Aronoff be a little bigger?
I was so lucky Cheesy
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 08:07PM »

And she was right next to me!!!!!!!!!!! Cheesy

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012, 02:23AM »

Great review!!!!

During TAR in Roanoke, Lisa L came up to shake my hand!!!!!!!!!!!  Made my night!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: