Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 9/11  (Read 8450 times)
adam

« on: September 10, 2007, 06:47PM »

Hey everyone. I guess everyone knows that it is September 11th tomorrow and i think we all should pray for all the people who died in that. Pray for all the people in the twin towers that died. Pray for all the firemen who risked their life to save people. Pray for all the family members who had husbands and wives who died in the crash. Remember to pray for all those people.
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 07:00PM »

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

Reaction on CWF when Isle of Hope CD comes out

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 10:28PM »

Thanks, Wickie!

"I never made promises lightly,
And there have some that I have broken,
But I swear in the days still left,
We will walk in Fields of Gold." ~ Sting
DakotaF.
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 12:22AM »

May those who hurt, be it by war, ilness, or loss be eternally conforted and healed.
Where there is conflict and pain, may peace  and love one day return.
Where there are those who would unjustly cause harm, may they be stopped and if it is the will of that which we call God or Goddess, be it many or one, may their hearts be opened to enlightenment.
Where there are those who must fight justly to protect those who cannot protect themselves, may they be protected and fight with honor.
May those who wait and pray for those who have gone to fight be blessed with a swift and safe return.
For those who have fallen on our behalf, may their journey to the next world be swift and beautiful, for we shall never forget them.
May the horrors we have seen which prompts us to remember this day never be seen again.

Amen.
Namaste.
Blessed Be.
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 06:32AM »

They are not dead who live in the hearts they leave behind.
~ Tuscarora proverb

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 08:05AM »

Amen

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
poohbear
Honorary Roadie

funcle

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 01:36PM »

I work at an airport.  Every year we want to have a moment of silence to remember those who died 9/11.  The airlines have always fought this.  They feel the memory of the loss would be bad for business.  They started allowing the workers to have a moment of silence three years ago at 8:46AM.  They would announce it over the PA system which is controlled by the airlines.  Last year they "forgot"  to make the announcement so the time of silence was lost.

they apologized and said it was an oversight.  This year the same mistake happened again but the screeners were prepared and announced it themselves and stopped traffic at each terminal for half a minute.

It is amazing what has to be done to have a moment of decency.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 01:43PM »

We'll send some good spirits to guide and heal them as possible.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: