Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Portland, OR, April 21: Oregon brings down the house!  (Read 4623 times)
Wind

« on: April 22, 2012, 01:47AM »

Wow... This had to be one of the best crowds I've seen on this tour. From my time living in Oregon, I had high expectations from the crowd tonight and boy, did they deliver. Forum participation was limited to me and Jim M. (at least as far as I know). We were sitting off to the right in the front row. Although we initiated a lot of the clapping and cheering, the rest of the public picked it up right away and gave the girls a rowdy, rocking good time.

- Chloe introduced Nocturnal by commenting on how green Portland is and how gorgeous the weather was that day instead of the usual Portland drizzle, and said that all the Irish folks thought they'd stepped into heaven that day. Her Nocturnal tonight was absolutely stunning.
- Mairead had a whopping 15 spins tonight. She started out slow, but kept going and going, and when I thought she was about to finish, the crowd started cheering really loud so she kept going some more!
- Chloe made the night of one of the security guys by sitting on his lap before Teir Abhaile Riu. I chatted with him while waiting for the Meet & Greet and he said he never enjoyed going to work so much. Lol!
- Danny Boy was gorgeous tonight. Once they mentioned it, the crowd gave an audible gasp and spontaneous applause, and it looked like they put just that much into the song.
- I ran into Colm on the street during the day. We chatted for a bit and he recognized from the crowd during Mo Ghile Mear. Later on I mentioned to him that I'd be in Phoenix and he said he'll be looking out in the crowd for me. (you won't have to search for long dude, I'll be in the front row!)
- During intermission, Jim received a lot of attention from the crowd with all his buttons, people were coming all the way from the back to talk to him. A lot of people came to us to say how much they were loving the show. Have I mentioned how much I love Oregonians?
- The crowd really delivered during Green Grow the Rushes. I don't think I've seen the audience singing so well since Cincinnati, and that's saying a lot!
- Lisa made me cry again during "You'll Never Walk Alone". I had to look away a few times to wipe down the tears and when I looked up, there she was, still smiling at me until the end.
- You know there are a lot of women in the audience when the loudest cheers break out when Craig steps into the stage. Boy, was he popular tonight!

- The PBS folks from Portland really did a good job. Prior to the M&G, there were desserts, champagne and sparkling cider (for those of us who don't drink, like me).
- Chloe and Susan were at the M&G tonight. I was delighted to finally see Chloe on this tour, after 5 M&Gs. We chatted about their stay in Portland, which sights and attractions they'd seen, and I made a comment that I hoped tonight had shown them why Portland rocks, and she agreed. I told Susan that she has now tied Mairead in my M&G count, and she did that in just one tour! So the score now is Mairead: 5, Susan: 5, Lisa L: 3, Chloe: 2, Lisa K: 1.
- We were the last ones, so Chloe and Susan got up to leave as we were still in the room. Chloe stopped to ask if this was my last show to which I replied "Of course not! I'll see you in Phoenix!". Then she gave me a big hug (sans table in the middle).

All in all, a great show tonight. The crowd was awesome, the girls were even more awesome, PBS delivered, even the weather was great all day! So long, Oregon, I'll definitely be back for more next year!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 09:42PM by Wind » Logged
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 03:48PM »

Yes, it WAS another GREAT CW performance! Smiley

Thank you for making your extra ticket available.  I'm glad my schedule worked out so I could go to the show and maybe I will see you later in the tour.

Take care -
Jim
Wind

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 09:09AM »

No, thank YOU! Always nice to have a dedicated, enthusiastic fan sitting next to me.
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 10:43AM »

Thanks for the thoughts on Portland.  I always love to hear how much fun people have.  I'm in a funk because I have only had one show this year.  But I will keep those memories until I see the girls again.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 09:01AM »

Hubert -- lose that funk!  There is still time to see another show -- get to your airport, run, walk or drive to a show this week. Wink
Wind

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 08:57PM »

Hey Jim, I got a nice picture of you talking to Chloe, would you like me to post it?
oregongirl29
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 12:56AM »

Reading this makes me sooooooooo home sick,   Sad Cry
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 05:01AM »

Great review, Wind!  I'm glad you had a major (and highly visible) fan like Jim there with you!  I'm sure Chloe will be watching for you in Phoenix!  Wink Cool

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 12:56PM »

No, don't post it -- we don't need to scare anyone.  Please email it to me, though, if you would.
Thank you.
Jim
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 03:57PM »

No, don't post it -- we don't need to scare anyone.  Please email it to me, though, if you would.
Thank you.
Jim

She could be persuaded not to post it Jim...for a priceTongue

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 09:04PM »

WHAT!#?!? Shocked
Wind

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 07:12PM »

Thank you.
Jim

Hahaha, I could never do that.  Wink Emailed you the pictures Jim.
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2012, 07:18PM »

Thank you.
Jim

Hahaha, I could never do that.  Wink Emailed you the pictures Jim.

We had him going there!   Cheesy  He'll probably post them when he sees them!  LOL!

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2012, 07:32PM »

Not likely, John. Smiley

Got 'em.  Thank you, Wind! Smiley Smiley
tchristina23

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2012, 02:30AM »

Thank you.
Jim

Jim,,,, this is her CW retirement plan...take great (or funny) photos of other fans, and make them pay a price to not post them. All the money she earns will allow her to attend more CW shows next year... You have the buttons. Wind now has the photo shots.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: