Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Depression?  (Read 8270 times)
oregongirl29
« on: May 01, 2012, 06:00PM »

Who here has battled depression? I've struggled with it off and on since my teen years, But over the last few month's it seems to have gotten worse and my so called friends just tell me to get over it. You don't have to respond if you don't want to but it would be nice to know if I'm alone in this or not.
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 06:27PM »

I've suffered from depression since my Middle School years.  It "disappeared" somewhat during high school, but it reared its ugly head again once I entered college.  It was really bad last year.  My friends were wonderfully supportive though, so I was able to manage. 
abc1776

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 09:05PM »

i've been upset about things for years really since childhhood
oregongirl29
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 10:48PM »

I've suffered from depression since my Middle School years.  It "disappeared" somewhat during high school, but it reared its ugly head again once I entered college.  It was really bad last year.  My friends were wonderfully supportive though, so I was able to manage. 

Your lucky that you have such good friends to help you through your depression.
hayleynibhaoleafh<3'scelticwoman!
Honorary Roadie

U can have my <3, if U don't mind broken things...

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 09:33AM »

No sweetie you are not alone. I too have battled it for years. Actually, last year I thought was the worst I'd ever had it but everyone here pulled me thru. Ppl here are wonderful, just talk to someone and it can really help.
As it turns out, the last two months have been the hardest and honestly at the beginning of this year I told a couple friends that I don't think I'll last another year. I was going to give up if you get my drift last weekend but remembered I had to be and wanted to be somewhere for a close friend this coming weekend. It was practically a done deal.
The kind of strength it has taken to come thru some things I have learned this past year I swear I never thought. Had. It was thru the prayers of everyone here and the caring of one particular friend this past weekend that I have come so far and am still here.
What has driven me to this is a hard thing to explain, but what I can tell you is that involve being torn away from more love than most ppl know in a lifetime. I wish everyone could know that kind of love, I wish the separation would end.

Here's the thing, if you feel really down and like the whole world is just going to break apart in little pieces around you, go a head and talk to someone. I'm Always open, and if you just need to vent, go right ahead and ent at me, say whatever you need to; I know you don't mean to but anyone so I'll just listen to your vents and then we can work something out, I promise there is always a way. Sadly too many ppl give up looking for it, many when it is so close too.

You know that fear that comes with depression? And you just wish you had the courage to keep on? Well here is smething I learned the hard way that I think might help you too.
First of all, there is a big misconception of courage. Ppl seem to think courage means you are not afraid. This is wrong. Courage Does not mean you are without fear, but it means that you have made the decision that there's something allot more important than than fear, allot more powerful.
Jeez sometimes courage can even come from fear.

I'm not very good with words all the time. But I hope that this was not too hard to understand and I hope of helps.
I'll be praying for you and thinking of you.

Many hugs

hayleyxx

Loooooove Hayley xxx
~~~~~~~Maybe it's not about the happy endings... maybe it's about the story...~~~~~~
Friend are angels ~*~ Cherish them
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 10:47AM »

No sweetie you are not alone. I too have battled it for years. Actually, last year I thought was the worst I'd ever had it but everyone here pulled me thru. Ppl here are wonderful, just talk to someone and it can really help.
As it turns out, the last two months have been the hardest and honestly at the beginning of this year I told a couple friends that I don't think I'll last another year. I was going to give up if you get my drift last weekend but remembered I had to be and wanted to be somewhere for a close friend this coming weekend. It was practically a done deal.
The kind of strength it has taken to come thru some things I have learned this past year I swear I never thought. Had. It was thru the prayers of everyone here and the caring of one particular friend this past weekend that I have come so far and am still here.
What has driven me to this is a hard thing to explain, but what I can tell you is that involve being torn away from more love than most ppl know in a lifetime. I wish everyone could know that kind of love, I wish the separation would end.

Here's the thing, if you feel really down and like the whole world is just going to break apart in little pieces around you, go a head and talk to someone. I'm Always open, and if you just need to vent, go right ahead and ent at me, say whatever you need to; I know you don't mean to but anyone so I'll just listen to your vents and then we can work something out, I promise there is always a way. Sadly too many ppl give up looking for it, many when it is so close too.

You know that fear that comes with depression? And you just wish you had the courage to keep on? Well here is smething I learned the hard way that I think might help you too.
First of all, there is a big misconception of courage. Ppl seem to think courage means you are not afraid. This is wrong. Courage Does not mean you are without fear, but it means that you have made the decision that there's something allot more important than than fear, allot more powerful.
Jeez sometimes courage can even come from fear.

I'm not very good with words all the time. But I hope that this was not too hard to understand and I hope of helps.
I'll be praying for you and thinking of you.

Many hugs

hayleyxx
That was a beautiful post, Hayley.  It made me feel better. Smiley 

I agree though, the people here are very supportive and understanding.  If you need someone to talk or vent to, I'm also open. Smiley
hayleynibhaoleafh<3'scelticwoman!
Honorary Roadie

U can have my <3, if U don't mind broken things...

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 11:10AM »

Oh I'm so glad! Cheesy

Something else I suppose I ought to mention, sometimes helping others helps me
I think everyone has something they can use, just have to find it. With the wonderful ppl here I know we all could do it.

Loooooove Hayley xxx
~~~~~~~Maybe it's not about the happy endings... maybe it's about the story...~~~~~~
Friend are angels ~*~ Cherish them
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 11:30AM »

Depression is not a fun thing! I wasn't clinically diagnosed or anything but I knew special toward my senior year in high school that is wasn't good!  Especialy since everything I planned during that year literally went astray and I had  not one option or back up to turn to! ANd everything that could have gone wrong that year... went wrong! But you just have to take those things that bring you down and make them into a positive! I know its sometimes hard and frustrating but it works in the end!  or just leaving things and saying its not worth it!! Even w me w work and school I turned it into a positive (well, I think its more a patience issue and inbetween building my life back up!) Like my senior year I had lst my ideal job and it just killed me and I thought I was hopeless!  Then I wanted to go to a big university and get my nursing degree ... ended up going to a community college... Which makes me sad to the fact I was stubborn and should have set a smaller goal to csu and what could have been years ago! And plus I had found the job I am at now (well, that can be a good or a bad thing! and I was depressed lately about it and some issues there but, I def. found people and talked w them and found something that would work for me and will no longer deal w them soon and get my life back on track!  This makes me feel better thinking about the positive!  It works! Plus you should have something you can always look foward to! Like, I look foward to seeing my dog when I get off of work and also vacation and rob. quitting when I am on vacation and starting a new job when I get back! And I look foward to passing school and working my butt off to do so w/o stress!  and working on going after seas when I am through! So you just have to keep your head up high and surround yourself w positive things and people!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
oregongirl29
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 02:14PM »

Thank's everyone for the kind responses,

@ barb kantartzis, Sometimes it's hard to keep your head up high when you have someone in your life constantly knocking you down, or putting you down, and also have many people you cared about turn there back on you because they don't want to deal with it. I've seen and dealt with alot these past 12 year's that I will not post publicly.
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 01:19PM »

I know it's the hardest thing ever to do that! But no matter what you have you family will be your family forever no matter what! Even if they don't say it or act it they will always have your back in some sort of way and always be their! And yes, being put down and told no is the hardest  thing to pull out of! I hate it! I can't finish nursing school due to it and it makes me sad all the time!  My whole family and boss don't want me to do it and it is the most frustrating thing to find any support! Especially when my dad gets mad that my boss makes it harder for me and doesn't want me to better myself and its hard for me to leave at their at the second!  But baby steps works!!! My dad and mom are now happy and supportive that I am going for my stna - no matter what my boss thinks, says or try to do! and get a better job and less stress and finish my nursing! (o/t) but baby steps do help!  Even if it has to be on hold thre months (Thanks to the teacher who cancelled the class!!) Just hang in their!!! xxx
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 01:22PM by barb kantartzis » Logged

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 04:12PM »

I want Barb for my nurse...god knows I had plenty of nurses over the last three years..they`ve ALL been angels...I think Barb would be PERFECT as one....go for it Barb...I think you`d br a natural.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 05:31PM »

I want Barb for my nurse...god knows I had plenty of nurses over the last three years..they`ve ALL been angels...I think Barb would be PERFECT as one....go for it Barb...I think you`d br a natural.

Thank you!!! Smiley I have been working w the elderly since I was 15 and I am now 23! It's just the company's/people I work for! I love the residents I work with! They are the only ones on top of my 2nd and3rd shift coworkers / friends!! xxx

IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 03:29PM »

Awww.. Sweetie, you are most definitely not alone. *hugs* I have battled with depression for many may years, and it is incredibly tough. I too have currently hit  a rough patch, and I know right now it seems like it will never get better, but trust me, it will. I know you probably don`t believe me... I know I didn`t when people told me the same thing, but keep being strong, and this will pass.      I also know how difficult it is to be told to just get over it.... My parents constantly tell me the same thing, and living with them, it`s really hard. I have been incredibly blessed with wonderfully supportive friends, and I come here a lot to be cheered up. Also, my therapist has been very helpful as well... I don`t remember if yo`ve said if you`ve officially been diagnosed with depression, but I really think it would be worthwhile to look into getting a therapist. I have had some bad experiences with theraists in the past, and after about 3-4 years and many many therapists, I have finally found the perfect fit. Hang in there hon... Things will get better... I promise. And if you ever need anyone to talk to, don`t be afraid to message me. *hugs*

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
Wyle_E
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2012, 11:21AM »

Depression has been called the common cold of psychiatric diagnoses. It's that common, but that analogy is weak. It's more like diabetes, which will kill you if not managed, but itcan be managed. Winston Churchill used to refer to his "black dog." and It's been dogging me for about half a century. Shrinkery never really helped, various drugs worked for a while, but since I stumbled across the PBS "Believe" special, nothing works better than CW. Any Lisa Kelly solo can make me want to curl up and purr (Is there any fantasy about were-kittens?), and watching Mairead fly around the stage can improve my whole day. The only disadvantage is that I need a dose every couple of hours. Your mileage may vary. For some, exercise helps. For some, getting out and pretending to feel better helps. I've known people who swear by one pill or another.

Far from being alone, you're a member of a large minority. Maybe even the majority.

On May 8, I'M GONNA MEET MAIREAD and Lisa, and Susan, and Mairead C.!
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2012, 02:27PM »

I might have it and not know it. How do you know if you have it?

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: