Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers for Rich Ropes and his family  (Read 39913 times)
MeganDelia
Honorary Roadie

Thanks for the card and CD Mairead!!!

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2012, 02:11PM »

Like Rick, I'm not on here much anymore, but after I saw Lisa's post on Facebook I had to come back and say goodbye to Rich. Rich helped me with a lot of problems that I had with logging on to the forum and other things. He would always say such thought-provoking things and such hilarious things. He seemed like such a wonderful person. I really hoped I would get to meet him one day and I'm very sad that never came to pass. Cry I will keep Chris and Eric in my thoughts and prayers.

R.I.P Rich.

Megan

Thanks Mel, for the great banner!! Smiley
~Megan xoxo~
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2012, 02:18PM »

I've never personally met him, but his dedication to both the forum and of course, Celtic Woman was phenomenal.  He's done so much for the community and he will definitely be missed.  RIP Rich and prayers to your family. Sad  
Jammalot
Honorary Roadie

Finally back!

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2012, 02:59PM »

I have not had the pleasure of meeting Rich in person, but I was fortunate enough to talk to him a lot through this forum, and various other media. Rich, you were a wonderful man and have taught me so much. You have given us all so much love and time. I will miss you, and keep you in my heart forever.

Dear Ropes family,
I wish you all the love and strength in the world. I'm praying for you and thinking of you. There are so many people out there who love and support you. Never forget that you are not alone.

I love you very much, my dear friends.

<3

Wel, here's a map and here's a bible, if you ever lose your way

By Scott

Ty Rich! Grin
LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2012, 03:32PM »

This is very sad news. Condolences to the Ropes family. RIP Rich.

Criostoir Briartach

feeling of the shy, wait they, for a train to Tara

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2012, 04:53PM »

My condolences to the family of Rich Ropes. He was such a gentleman and I liked him very much! He was also very fair when it came to the CW forum postings. He helped me out many times (after I 'stuck my foot in my mouth' in postings), And even then, he still continued to let me post nice things about the CW ladies!           
I will miss Rich a great deal.  Rich was a great man!
Rest In Peace Rich Ropes...

God's Blessings and my prayers to those of his family, and also to those that loved him...
From Criostoir Briartach

Blessings to the Celtic Woman Ladies. For everything they do for us, they deserve blessings every chance we can give it to them.I bless them (best I can), in their native language:
Go mbeannaí Dia dhuit to Máiréad C, Éabha, Susan &welcome to Tara M.
Le grá,
Criostoir B
http://caranuamusic.org
Rosie Allen
Total Fanatic

"You tell 'em Lise!"

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2012, 04:56PM »

Never met Rich, but feel as if I have.  We have connected on many occasions for various reasons.  He was a decent
man who enriched my life and love of CW.  I found this site several years ago and now have many wonderful life long
friends.  Thank you, Rich!!  I have your last letter to me and yes...I feel the same way!! God's blessings...rest peacefully, now!

Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2012, 05:38PM »

May Rich rest in peace, after fighting the good fight.  He did not want to linger in fact expressed that as his greatest fear.  In shrugging off praise for his role in building this forum, Rich once simply said to me, "The forum was here before I came and it'll be here after I'm gone".

I last saw him at the filming of Orla Fallon's Celtic Christmas special in Nashville, though we had pm'ed recently. He kindly shepherded me through my early days here and always made me feel welcome. We are all indebted to him for his creation of the Lisa Kelly Fan Club, as it took quite some persuading for him to get her to forego her natural modesty and allow it.  I don't think anybody else could have done it.

I know his illness brought he and his family closer together. Chris especially should be proud of sticking with his father  faithfully to the end--a lasting star in his crown which can never be taken from him.

Jack

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2012, 05:41PM »

Words escape me.  When Rich made the original announcement that he had cancer, it was like being dealt a huge body blow.  The news of his passing is even more devastating.  I, like the posters before me have similar stories about forum issues.  As for the man, I will miss his friendship, his dry humor, his one-word/brief, humorous, often thought provoking posts, and his enthusiasm for everything Lisa.  The Celtic Woman community has suffered a huge loss.

Ginger and I had the pleasure of spending a weekend with Rich at Huntsville during CW’s last tour.  It was just before the move from Jacksonville and he commented at the time that it would likely be his last CW concert and he so wanted to present Lisa the autographed Carpenters album in person.  Through some good fortune, we were able to make it happen with pit seats for both the matinee and evening shows.  

RIP, old friend.  Thank you for everything.  You will be missed.

Chris, Eric.  Our hearts go out to you.  Just know that your dad was loved and respected by a lot of people.
Magic~5

CELTIC WOMAN + MUSIC = love for a lifetime!!!!!!!!

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2012, 06:16PM »

WALK IN BEAUTY, RICH. 

Magic~5
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2012, 06:56PM »

I feel so saddened to have never had the opportunity to actually meet with Rich. I talked to him here on the Forum a few times. And in those few short messages, I still had the sense that, here, was a man of great integrity and energy, working hard to help create something great for those of us who fell in love with the music of Celtic Woman.

God be with his family in this trying time and provide them with a sense of peace. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Rich was a guiding hand for all of us when we first ventured onto the Forum to celebrate the beauty of Celtic Woman. It is my sincerest wish that our prayers and genuine love will be his guide as he ventures into the heavenly halls to the welcoming arms of The Lord.

I think I'll post this link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDVgb4pJMdI

Of all the songs that Celtic Woman has produced, I feel that this is the most poignant in times when death casts a shadow of despair over us all. I hope that, in Chris and Eric's hour of mourning, Celtic Woman can be a beacon of hope, just as Rich was a beacon of hope for those of us who were fans without a home until Rich came along.

God bless and keep you forever Rich.

Matt
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2012, 07:04PM »

I have stated this on the other relevant forums...but I don't think that one can state condolences too much. My thoughts and prayers are with Rich's family. He made me feel very welcome in a warm way on  his "Lisa"  site and had a helpful hand and a sense of humor which I liked. I just know that he has angels in the guise of all our Celtic Cuties serenading him in his final reward. (That's what I would want.) Led by his favorite Lisa K., of course. Recquiescat In Pacem  Rich!   Cry Cry Cry   

tiburongirl
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2012, 07:42PM »

Rich, I never met you in person, but I still considered you a dear old friend.  Rest in peace my friend. 

CelticCate

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2012, 08:16PM »

my deepest condolences to the Ropes family.  Rich will truly be missed.

IMG_1373.JPG
jessicar
Honorary Roadie

Arrr!!! I be Mad Dog Roberts!!!! Fear me!!! Arrr!!

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2012, 08:45PM »

I've met Rich twice at the concerts in Jacksonville, he was just the kindest man I ever met. After last year's show and M&G, I remember him giving me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. RIP Rich, you will be missed!!!  Cry Cry Cry Cry

KerriC
Honorary Roadie

Ireland must be heaven...for Lisa came from there.

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2012, 09:14PM »

Rest in peace Rich. My thought s are with your family and friends.

Thank you CWLisaFan for helping me get this banner!

Thank you Western_Rose for this awesome banner : )
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: