Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers for Rich Ropes and his family  (Read 40413 times)
JuanV

Lynn, you're the best!

« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2012, 09:17PM »

Sorry to hear of Rich's passing. My thoughts are with his family.
KelticKraze

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2012, 09:57PM »

RIP OFG 

KC
lisakellyfan
Bodhrán Player

Class of 2011! Southeastern Bound!

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2012, 10:14PM »

RIP Rich
I'm keeping the family in my prayers.
Rich, you will be dearly missed. Sad

RoAR
Honorary Roadie

It's far beyond the stars...

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2012, 10:28PM »

Cry

RIP Rich
I didn't know him at all, but I saw him around on the forum a lot and a lot of what he said made my time on the forum even more enjoyable...I hope that made sense.

@mattycakes: The Soft Goodbye really pushed me over the edge.  Cry Cry Cry

bobh56
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2012, 11:12PM »

Although I never had the pleasure of meeting Rich in person, I did correspond with him through PMs, emails, and CWF messages.  Through that correspondence, I came to consider Rich a friend.  I also came to understand what a debt of gratitude we owe him for his steady direction of the CWF - particularly for his insistence that we keep our messages and discussions focused on issues related to Celtic Woman.  And so, it is with great sadness that I say goodbye to my friend, Rich.  RIP, Big Guy.

I'd also like to offer my heartfelt condolences to the Ropes Family; you are in my prayers.
CelticWomanAddict
Total Fanatic

You'll Never Walk Alone

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2012, 01:20AM »

Sorry to hear of Rich's passing,Prayers for the Ropes family and friends RIP

Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2012, 02:14AM »

Like so many others here I never had the pleasure of meeting Rich in person. He was the first contact I had when I joined Lisa's forum back in 2007, and we both shared the same passion for her and her music. I stayed on that forum for quite some time before I joined the "big forum," which is what we all called this forum back then. There have been many changes since then; good, bad, sweet and bitter. No one can deny that Rich was a devoted fan and passionate about what he did. I hope that all of our memories of him will be good and bring a smile to our faces.

My prayers go out to Chris and Eric. Your father and our friend will be greatly missed.

Paul

Ganconagh

Resistance is futile

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2012, 05:07AM »

Heartfelt condolences, prayers and love go the Ropes family.  This is a sad time for all of us who were able to know Rich thru the Forum.   

"Face piles of trials with smiles.  It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free."
Texan

« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2012, 09:10AM »

I met Rich on a forum. Built for Lisa by Danielle. Discovered he was a NY Yankee fan. He learned I was a Boston Red Sox fan.  I really had to give it to him!

The Red Sox beat the Yankees in the Fall of 2004. The greatest  comeback in league championship  history.  The evil empire defeated! Of course he responded.

It was then I discovered Rich’s wit and humor.  And Later, his gift for welcoming new and old Celtic Woman fans, and in particular his dedication -  to Lisa and her fans and also to his “niece” Deirdre.

How could either of us have known how the events in the Fall of 2004 would affect us. 
Across the sea.  In Dublin.   A rookie team of gals. Led by manager David Downes. 

They  hit a home run!

By the time the ball landed here it found its way to a Yankee. To a guy that I never thought of as either old nor fat.
But one who was to become the biggest supporter and fan of Celtic woman.

Thanks Rich for all that you have done for so many.

I’ll forever smile whenever I hear the sound of the words, dat Ol’ Fat Guy.

Rest In Peace Rich

My condolences to the Ropes family

Lester

Appreciation is a wonderful thing: it makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.

Thanks for all of your wonderful music Deirdre
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2012, 05:47PM »

At the Phoenix show last night, Mr. Peabody reports that Chloe dedicated her performance of Ave Marie to Rich.   Cry

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2012, 05:50PM »

At the Phoenix show last night, Mr. Peabody reports that Chloe dedicated her performance of Ave Marie to Rich.   Cry
  That was a class act thing to do!   Sad

Bagboy

Gee, I wish I was Irish!

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2012, 08:09AM »

That was a class act thing to do!   Sad

AMEN: Cry

Anyone who loves Celtic Woman and Meat Loaf can't be all bad!
Banner by MLB! Thank you Smiley
Fiddle_Addict

Honorary member of the DSA

« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2012, 03:24PM »

My condolences to his family and friends - he will remain alive in their memories.

Thanks for this banner, Scott! Smiley

TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2012, 10:30PM »

What a kind thing to do!  God bless those ladies. Cry
worldtraveler

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2012, 06:23PM »

So sad to hear of Rich's passing.  Though I didn't really interact with him personally on the forum, it didn't take much to notice all the time and effort he put into making this forum wonderful.  RIP Rich - and my heartfelt condolences to his family.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: